"Sweet Honey" - Daniel Lanois live at the Metropolis

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Angel

Elvis' Naughty Angel
I should have written this last night when I was wired from the show, and not now when I am falling asleep..........

but what a show!!! This man can play guitar!!! Daniel Lanois was fantastic! Amazing...... I am speechless really. I highly recommend catching his show if you havn't already. He has one of the most beautiful voices out there delivering such heart felt tunes. The man is quite a poet and artist. I have always liked him, but can really see now why U2 ask him back time after time.

Highlights of the night: Playing "Falling at your Feet" and introducing it as a song 'he wrote with his buddy Bono.' :sexywink: Too cool. Other highlights- performance of a brand new track never recorded entitled "Sweet Honey"........ playing "Collection of Marie-Claire" in the second encore....... and then coming back for a third encore because the crowd simply would not go home. Unbelievable show. I feel so lucky to have seen him in his home province, he makes me proud to be Canadian!!

*Rushes out to buy new CD.

Last edited:
Cool! He is amazing live. I saw him a number of times back in NYC after his first and second CDs. I was just blown away in the front row every time. I remember one show, though, where he delayed the show by an hour as the entire audience sat and watched him fighting with the lighting guy so I've always wondered if he was always difficult or if that was a freak incident. People started booing and stuff and some people left, but when he finally started the show it was as awesome as always.

joyfulgirl said:
I remember one show, though, where he delayed the show by an hour as the entire audience sat and watched him fighting with the lighting guy so I've always wondered if he was always difficult or if that was a freak incident. People started booing and stuff and some people left, but when he finally started the show it was as awesome as always.

That's funny because he mentioned how he loved Montreal and especially the Metropolis because they had the best lighting, lol. Maybe he is obsessed with lighting. He also commented later on in the show that he was reading the lyrics to one song and "I could use a little more light up here." :uhoh: I guess he is just a perfectionist.

I'm very jealous.
Angel said:
That's funny because he mentioned how he loved Montreal and especially the Metropolis because they had the best lighting, lol. Maybe he is obsessed with lighting. He also commented later on in the show that he was reading the lyrics to one song and "I could use a little more light up here." :uhoh: I guess he is just a perfectionist.
Heh, well, he's a record producer at heart, so I guess he's good at minding little details most of us never consider.

Angel said:

:uhoh: I guess he is just a perfectionist.

Yeah, that was pretty clear to everybody in the audience that night I saw him!

typhoon said:

Heh, well, he's a record producer at heart, so I guess he's good at minding little details most of us never consider.

True, but delaying the show a full hour while the audience is sitting there and watching this ridiculous fight was crazy. It's not like the lighting was an integral part of the show, the way it is for a U2 show, for example. It was Lanois and band on stage in a small auditorium where the "light show" is pretty much limited to high and low, so the whole thing reeked of control freak and huge ego. Nevertheless, he puts on a great show and I remain a huge fan.

Back
Top Bottom