Sweeney Todd starring the DELICIOUS Mr Depp

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dazzlingamy

Refugee
The city of blinding lights and amazing coffee - M
Oh gawd oh fawd oh gawd, I cannot WAIT for this to be released. One of my favourite stories, I farking LOVED the musical, I dressed up as Nellie Lovett for Halloween one year, complete with pie and plastic doll foot hanging out! :wink:

Anyway, just saw the poster for it, and I am already lusting over the SEX that is the Depp as Sweeney Todd.

And could this pose be any more sexual. And yes, I want some. Now. :tongue:

Sweeneylarge.jpg

oh and the man who would win the award for the sexiest voice IN THE UNIVERSE Mr Alan Rickman is in it. As the judge. The sexy nasty judge. Oh my. :drool:

And beautiful Helen Bonham Carter. HAWT.

And Sasha Baron Cohen. I wonder if his role will be straight as the character he plays isn't that funny (perhaps his mincing! hehehe)

I didn't know Alan Rickman was in this! Awesome. Anything he appears in is instantly worth seeing in my book. For serial.

But otherwise, consider me completely unexcited. Outside of Big Fish, I haven't really be crazy about anything Burton has done in the past 10 years or so.

Dalton said:
After reading the initial post in this thread, I am going to take a shower. Dirty.

are you saying what i said was dirty? You can't handle it! :tongue:

Even though i'm not the biggest Burton fan, i think this movie and its plot/themes plays to his advantage. It dark, its disturbing, its strange, its allllllll good.

Its period dress! hoh yeeessssssssss.

I used your Sweeney Todd poster as my desktop. However, it's so big the head is cut off and ALL there is left is the crotch shot. Left it there anyway. Just for a while......

Last edited:
BonosSaint said:
I used your Sweeney Todd poster as my desktop. However, it's so big the head is cut off and ALL there is left is the crotch shot. Left it there anyway. Just for a while......

I think your ability for daydreaming is as strong as anyone's.

:drool:

dazzlingamy said:

I take back the ugly quote, she up and put Sweeney there now! heheheheh
:drool:

I figure if Mr Roos could deliver me a crushing victory like on the weekend, then he can have a gorgeous head as a reward :D

But someone as equally ugly as Bush will take Mr Depp's place, should we lose again!

It's opening wide on Dec. 21st instead of limited and is looking at an R-rating.

Fantastic!

Lancemc said:
These days I'm starting to think less Burton is always good Burton. :barf:

There's something lacking in his post-Ed Wood films bar Big Fish. Seriously, look at his filmography:

'85 - Pee-Wee's Big Adventure
'88 - Beetlejuice
'89 - Batman
'90 - Edward Scissorhands
'92 - Batman Returns
'94 - Ed Wood

Then...

'96 - Mars Attacks!

and it's downhill from there.

Mars Attacks - 3/10 - Garbage, if still entertaining garbage

Sleepy Hollow - 6/10 - Made-for-TV-level decent

Planet of the Apes - 1/10 - Oh my god, kill me now

Big Fish - 8/10 - Good flick :up:

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - 5/10 - Dreck

Corpse Bride - 6/10 - Pale, unnecessary spiritual sequel to Nightmare

Average score - 4.83/10

Yeah, I could live without another modern Burton film.

Last edited:
Yes but this is SWEENEY TODD!

This story is 19th century gold! Soooo gory and gruesome and just a fantastic premise for a movie, and i think someone like burton could really do it justice. Its not a weak or boring story, its full of twists and real horror and blood and gore and cannibalism and all the beautiful 19th century clothing and mannerisms and pomp and everything.

I think it will be one of burtons bests, as long as the studios butt out and let it be made as bloody and gory as burton wants it to be.

Lancemc said:
Mars Attacks - 3/10 - Garbage, if still entertaining garbage

Sleepy Hollow - 6/10 - Made-for-TV-level decent

Planet of the Apes - 1/10 - Oh my god, kill me now

Big Fish - 8/10 - Good flick :up:

Charlie and the Chocolate Factory - 5/10 - Dreck

Corpse Bride - 6/10 - Pale, unnecessary spiritual sequel to Nightmare

Average score - 4.83/10

Yeah, I could live without another modern Burton film.

That sounds about right, if not maybe 1 higher for Mars Attacks! Something about that movie is horrible but still watchable at the same time.

Back
Top Bottom