Swedish metal Band-Aid!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bunbury

Refugee
About 150 of the biggest names in rock and hard rock from Sweden have recorded a song that will be released in a couple of weeks on a special DVD to raise money through the Red Cross for the victims of the horrible earthquake and flood disaster in Asia.

The song "Where Is The Fire" (written by Tommy Denander, Bjorne Lindbom and Bernt Ek) was originally recorded a few years ago for the victims of 9/11, but was eventually pulled from that project because it "was very poorly handled by the people in charge," according to a press release. The song has been kept in a vault with the intention of donating it if and when something horrible would happen again....well, it doesn't get much worse than this.

This special DVD will include a documentary of how the song was recorded, a music video of the song plus 10-15 never-before-shown or very rare videos with great bands like EUROPE, TALISMAN , LION'S SHARE, PAIN and lots of other great stuff.

"Where Is The Fire" credits:

Musicians:

Tommy Denander - Rhythm guitars, keyboards
Mikkey Dee (MOTÖRHEAD) – drums
John Leven (EUROPE) – bass.

Guitar solos (in order of appearance):

Mattias "IA" Eklundh (FREAK KITCHEN)
Pontus Norgren (HUMANIMAL)
Sayit (solo, JIM JIDHED)
Kee Marcello (EUROPE)
Yngwie Malmsteen
Tommy Denander

Lead vocals (in order of appearance):

Pierre Wensberg (PRISONER, SAYIT)
Göran Edman (MADISON, GLORY, YNGWIE)
Messiah Marcolin (CANDLEMASS)
Jan Johansen (solo, IGNITION)
Mats Leven (TREAT, DOGFACE)
Tommy Nilsson (EASY ACTION, solo)
Stefan Andersson (Solo)
Matti Alfonzetti (SKINTRADE, TALISMAN, JAGGED EDGE)
Thomas Vikström (TALK OF THE TOWN, CANDLEMASS)
Björn Lodin (BALTIMOORE)
Jim Jidhed (ALIEN, solo)
Geir Rönning (PRISONER, TOTO, solo)
Peter Tägtgren (HYPOCRISY, PAIN)
Dag Finn (SHA-BOOM, solo)
Leif Sundin (GREAT KING RAT, MICHAEL SCHENKER, JOHN NORUM)
Jocke Berg (HARDCORE SUPERSTAR)
Anders Möller (BLACK INGVARS)

The single will be sold for a special price of 100 SEK (11 Euro or 15 Dollars) and every cent of the profit will be given to the Red Cross.

It will be available through several mail order shops in Europe and hopefully in USA and Japan soon as well.

By the way, for some reason I hate Yngwie.

The amount of guitar magazines I've read with him in them....... :mad:

u2popmofo said:
By the way, for some reason I hate Yngwie.

The amount of guitar magazines I've read with him in them....... :mad:

hahaha :up:

same here.

but yes, this is interesting.

I don't really like Yngwie either, or any of the shredders like Satriani. I just can't appreciate that sort of music.

I remember he came to Singapore some years back as a 'neo-classical' rock artiste and this poor woman went to go see him, and proceeded to leave half-way complaining that everyone around her "looked like they were in Iron Maiden".

Anyway, back on topic, I think it's very cool that these artistes are doing their bit for charity and hopefully they will raise quite a bit.

Back
Top Bottom