Swastika, Ontario Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oops, looks like I wasn't kidding.

Sorry Ax! :wave:

Weird mood today. Slammed finger in door this morning, that was fun. Madness at work, as usual. Practised a bit... and have been very much in love lately with OTH from 26/12/89, and also Bad from 21/9/05 where they do First Time in the middle... :heart:

You?

:lol: I was wondering what'd happened to you. Sounds like a fuuun day there.

And all sane people are in love with OTH 26/12/89. :drool:

My day was mostly a waste of time. Tomorrow U-Wen and I get to epitomise lazy Arts students: our Terrorism tute is at the pub!

I remember you mentioning that earlier... and hey, you'll be taking the tram home anyway... :wink:

... I gotta ask. WHY is it at the pub? Is this tute too hot for the classroom?

I remember you mentioning that earlier... and hey, you'll be taking the tram home anyway... :wink:

... I gotta ask. WHY is it at the pub? Is this tute too hot for the classroom?

:lol:

No, it's just the last tute of the semester, so my tutor figured it would be fun to just have it at the pub instead. Another tute was also going to be at the pub but the tutor just didn't get his act together in time ...

Now don't you just wish you were an Arts student? :wink:

Not really. Even now that they don't reek of fresh cigarette smoke, I'm not a big fan of pubs... unless there's a good meal and a U2 cover band involved somehow. :wink:

I can't remember the last time I got 8 hours sleep. Won't be tonight, either.

Seeya! :wave:

:lol: I'm just hoping I score free food and drinks out of this.

Have a good night! :wave:

Says the guy who signed up just after HTDAAB's release ... :lol:

That was a coincidence, actually. I had never heard of Interference before then, but I lost my job in early December (yeah, three weeks before the holidays - Merry fuckin' Christmas to me!) and was at home bored when I stumbled across it for the first time.

And the rest is history. :wink:

That was a coincidence, actually. I had never heard of Interference before then, but I lost my job in early December (yeah, three weeks before the holidays - Merry fuckin' Christmas to me!) and was at home bored when I stumbled across it for the first time.

And the rest is history. :wink:

So not only did you lose your job, but you also lost your real life by finding Interference. :wink:

I found this place by the most arse-backward way. I was looking for U2 lyrics online and some generalised lyrics database linked to Interference's old lyrics section. I didn't actually fully realise this; I obviously knew the site's URL had changed, but for all I knew, it was just another multi-band lyrics site. Then I noticed all the links to other lyrics were just U2. I returned a few times to check out some more lyrics, and one day in a fit of boredom clicked the "forums" link down the bottom to see if it was just a generalised lyrics forum or U2 specific.

And to steal the cliche, the rest is history.

Hey, it helped make those six months of unemployment go by faster, especially when the tour started.

And then you were disappointed when you found a new job and had to tear yourself away from Interference? :wink:

And then you were disappointed when you found a new job and had to tear yourself away from Interference? :wink:

When I first started working here, and I read the Internet/Email policy and how it is supposed to be for "business purposes only", I was very careful. I used to go on during lunch and random short breaks.

Now I'm on all the time when it's slow. :lol:

When I first started working here, and I read the Internet/Email policy and how it is supposed to be for "business purposes only", I was very careful. I used to go on during lunch and random short breaks.

Now I'm on all the time when it's slow. :lol:

My high school claimed it monitored Internet usage, so I was paranoid that they'd catch me on Interference or what was then elevation-tour.com (looong before I actually worked on the site!) during my study periods. The IT guys never caught me and I suspect didn't give a shit; the library staff did a couple of times.

Two years ago, my managers noticed that I seemed to be online more than I should, so I actually received a warning at the time.

I'm still on a lot, but I know when I can go on and when I can't now. :wink:

I must admit, I'm sometimes glad I don't have a laptop to take to lectures and tutorials, since I'd probably hop on here a fair bloody bit if I did!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom