Swastika, Ontario Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i'm so sorry :( i didn't know any of this until recently when you'd mentioned you'd had heart surgery. and i was like...wha!
wth.gif

:hug: That's ok! It's not like I'm going around with a banner saying what's wrong! It's only people I talk to a lot that really know. Anyway, that smiley means you're forgiven regardless :lol:

Actually the worst part at the moment is that my hubby is too scared to have sex with me this past week incase I burst one of the arteries the surgeons went in, or upset my heart!! I'm working on him though :evil:

I've only had mine badly since January. But I was getting very prolonged severe attacks which is why I was fast tracked to have the surgery to try and fix it. They got the AVNRT which was causing the blackouts, but not the other. I'm off all meds now while we sit back and see what happens. I was really zonked on the first lot of meds they had me on, but the 2nd ones weren't so bad - only slowed me down a little.

I don't even know if doctors could do anything about my dad...there are electrical problems, but they've never been able to pinpoint what's causing them.

He used to have a doctor (a Christian, mind you) who was always trying to pawn off anti-depression medication on him. :lmao: He thought that was a cure-all or something.

It could have been a indigestion/bug, because, like I said, I was sick for a while. It was bad though. I had pain in my arm too.

:yikes: Ooh yeah, that would have been worrying.

My neighbour is a stress junkie, and his blood pressure is through the roof. He has been told by doctors to chill out and exercise to stop the pains he's been getting - his heart etc is fine - pure stress. He came over a couple of months ago and tried to tell me he has what I have, and that he thought he was about to die. Oh yeah, that made me feel great!! :lol: He's absolutely fine albeit disappointed that its up to him to get fit to fix the problem :lol:

I don't even know if doctors could do anything about my dad...there are electrical problems, but they've never been able to pinpoint what's causing them.

He used to have a doctor (a Christian, mind you) who was always trying to pawn off anti-depression medication on him. :lmao: He thought that was a cure-all or something.
electrical problems? :lmao: i know what you mean by that, but it makes it sound like your dad is a robot :uhoh:

:yikes: Ooh yeah, that would have been worrying.

My neighbour is a stress junkie, and his blood pressure is through the roof. He has been told by doctors to chill out and exercise to stop the pains he's been getting - his heart etc is fine - pure stress. He came over a couple of months ago and tried to tell me he has what I have, and that he thought he was about to die. Oh yeah, that made me feel great!! :lol: He's absolutely fine albeit disappointed that its up to him to get fit to fix the problem :lol:
:lmao: are you sure your neighbour isn't my dad? my dad's always convinced he's got cancer or a tumour :coocoo:

Some are pretty impossible to fix, like my atrial tachycardia. It all depends on IF they can 'map' where it's originating from, and IF that location is reachable, and not too close to other 'wiring'. Mine may be too close to the nerve that controls the diaphram....can't have that disrupted! Also it's just been impossible to map so I'm pretty screwed in that sense. But I'm not going to let it beat me or slow me down. I've decided wrapping myself in cotton wool isn't going to change anything and I'm going to make the most of 'now'! :yes: Well really I'm only brave like that now that I know they've got rid of the nasty one :uhoh:

Some are pretty impossible to fix, like my atrial tachycardia. It all depends on IF they can 'map' where it's originating from, and IF that location is reachable, and not too close to other 'wiring'. Mine may be too close to the nerve that controls the diaphram....can't have that disrupted! Also it's just been impossible to map so I'm pretty screwed in that sense. But I'm not going to let it beat me or slow me down. I've decided wrapping myself in cotton wool isn't going to change anything and I'm going to make the most of 'now'! :yes: Well really I'm only brave like that now that I know they've got rid of the nasty one :uhoh:
:up: that's an awesome viewpoint to have :yes:

I don't think very many die from arrhythmias...unless there's a blockage, you should be OK in the long run, so don't worry about it and keep chugging along. And I mean that literally. :up:

I don't think very many die from arrhythmias...unless there's a blockage, you should be OK in the long run, so don't worry about it and keep chugging along. And I mean that literally. :up:

Yeah, it's pretty safe. The nasty one I had (which is actually the most common) was playing up so severely, I was in high danger of having a stroke. Fortunately not everyone is affected that way. That was the one that was scaring the shit out of me. I'm too young to have a stroke or not be able to drive because of blackouts!! :madwife:
The odd little 'shuffle' in beats doesn't worry me, I've basically got used to it. It's becoming 'normal' for me :up:

Yeah, it's pretty safe. The nasty one I had (which is actually the most common) was playing up so severely, I was in high danger of having a stroke. Fortunately not everyone is affected that way. That was the one that was scaring the shit out of me. I'm too young to have a stroke or not be able to drive because of blackouts!! :madwife:
The odd little 'shuffle' in beats doesn't worry me, I've basically got used to it. It's becoming 'normal' for me :up:
:yikes: :hug:

It's weird, but I had tightness and slight pain in my chest like 10 minutes ago. :yikes:

Sympathy pains?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom