Swastika, Ontario Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OMG I KNOW WINCHESTER :shocked: i've been there many, many times. it's the closest big city where my grandparents used to live in west virginia.

SERIOUSLY. there needs to be a cap on this, or getting rid of the tax on gas, some kind of relief. it's ridiculous that the oil companies post record profits every quarter yet they supposedly can't lower prices.

I have some experience with that town myself. My mom has to go out there for business meetings sometimes, and I went out there for a doctor's appointment once. It's not a bad place at all. Though it's a city, it doesn't feel overbearing.

I simply refuse to believe that gas will one day reach $10 or whatever like some believe. Something will, nay, MUST happen, and soon.

good, i can still talk to you :lol: a work convention? i'm sorry. i'd say at least you could go to the mall, but that's probably not your cup of tea :hmm:

and yes, tennessee is indeed expendable. there are some things i like about memphis (omg best barbecue in the world, no lie, and unless i scrape up money to go to new orleans again, easy access to cajun/creole food...and i swear i like more than just the food lol) but really, the only thing i like about tennessee is nashville. i've never been to chattanooga though, that looks like a cool city.

That place is huge though, so even though I didn't really go anywhere, it was quite the experience.

Now you see, if I had known back then that you were in Tennessee, it wouldn't have been expendable, now would it?

Well, I must bail for the night. Gotta be at work in less than 8 hours. :crack:

cya

I have some experience with that town myself. My mom has to go out there for business meetings sometimes, and I went out there for a doctor's appointment once. It's not a bad place at all. Though it's a city, it doesn't feel overbearing.

I simply refuse to believe that gas will one day reach $10 or whatever like some believe. Something will, nay, MUST happen, and soon.
ha, awesome. i know the mall out there and the restaurants and such. i've not been there in a few years since my grandma lives with us now, but from what she's told me even from when she moved away (she moved from wv to frederick, then here) a lot had changed from what we remembered. but she is a bit crazy :hmm:

and i agree. that's just pessimistic thinking, and being irrational. maybe i'm being naive, but i don't think even a republican president will let gas prices will get that ridiculous.

That place is huge though, so even though I didn't really go anywhere, it was quite the experience.

Now you see, if I had known back then that you were in Tennessee, it wouldn't have been expendable, now would it?

Well, I must bail for the night. Gotta be at work in less than 8 hours. :crack:

cya
this is true! everything with the word opryland is huge :lol: we do things bigger in tennessee :wink:

oooh, good :sexywink:

party pooper! :scream: night :wave:

:giggle:

I was just catching up on what I'd missed while my daughter was on Club Penguin :giggle:.....my first concert was......Dolly Parton & Kenny Rogers.... :reject:

ha, awesome. i know the mall out there and the restaurants and such. i've not been there in a few years since my grandma lives with us now, but from what she's told me even from when she moved away (she moved from wv to frederick, then here) a lot had changed from what we remembered. but she is a bit crazy :hmm:

and i agree. that's just pessimistic thinking, and being irrational. maybe i'm being naive, but i don't think even a republican president will let gas prices will get that ridiculous.

I have been to Hagerstown/Frederick so many times I can't even count. Basically, anytime something important needed to be shopped for, that's where we went. Plus, my mom worked in Frederick for a good while.

What gasoline reaching $10 entails is that nothing will change at all in the industry for the next 20-30 years, which is not something I believe will happen. There will be a change, eventually, but we need to be patient, even if things look bleak at the moment.

I have been to Hagerstown/Frederick so many times I can't even count. Basically, anytime something important needed to be shopped for, that's where we went. Plus, my mom worked in Frederick for a good while.

What gasoline reaching $10 entails is that nothing will change at all in the industry for the next 20-30 years, which is not something I believe will happen. There will be a change, eventually, but we need to be patient, even if things look bleak at the moment.
ooh, cool. i've only been to frederick a couple times, but i don't know how many times i've been to hagerstown :hmm: when looking it up on wiki though, i found a nearby city of paw paw :giggle:

yeah, exactly. i don't think anyone will let them continue to produce huge gas guzzlers and such year after year, and continue to provide incentives. if anything, there's already signs the suv bubble is about to burst. which it's no surprise, really. with gas prices the way they are, and prices only getting higher, not lower, of course people are going to trade in suvs for smaller cars, even if it means losing money on the sale.

ooh, cool. i've only been to frederick a couple times, but i don't know how many times i've been to hagerstown :hmm: when looking it up on wiki though, i found a nearby city of paw paw :giggle:

yeah, exactly. i don't think anyone will let them continue to produce huge gas guzzlers and such year after year, and continue to provide incentives. if anything, there's already signs the suv bubble is about to burst. which it's no surprise, really. with gas prices the way they are, and prices only getting higher, not lower, of course people are going to trade in suvs for smaller cars, even if it means losing money on the sale.

I wouldn't say either city is particularly great, just a step up. :giggle:

I'm a bit surprised there hasn't been a substitute for gas marketed on a large scale just yet. It's those damn monopolies. :madspit:

I wouldn't say either city is particularly great, just a step up. :giggle:

I'm a bit surprised there hasn't been a substitute for gas marketed on a large scale just yet. It's those damn monopolies. :madspit:
hehe, this is true

exactly! it's shocking how alternate fuel cars exist, yet they aren't mass marketed. especially now, they should be in high demand. :hmm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom