Swastika, Ontario Superthread - Page 33 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-28-2008, 01:18 AM   #481
The Male

Local Time: 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
OMG I KNOW WINCHESTER i've been there many, many times. it's the closest big city where my grandparents used to live in west virginia.

SERIOUSLY. there needs to be a cap on this, or getting rid of the tax on gas, some kind of relief. it's ridiculous that the oil companies post record profits every quarter yet they supposedly can't lower prices.
I have some experience with that town myself. My mom has to go out there for business meetings sometimes, and I went out there for a doctor's appointment once. It's not a bad place at all. Though it's a city, it doesn't feel overbearing.

I simply refuse to believe that gas will one day reach $10 or whatever like some believe. Something will, nay, MUST happen, and soon.

Now.
Old 05-28-2008, 01:18 AM   #482
The Male

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwtape2 View Post
I'm going to call it a night. See you all later.
Night, Screws

Now.
Old 05-28-2008, 01:19 AM   #483
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:02 PM
Quote:
good, i can still talk to you a work convention? i'm sorry. i'd say at least you could go to the mall, but that's probably not your cup of tea

and yes, tennessee is indeed expendable. there are some things i like about memphis (omg best barbecue in the world, no lie, and unless i scrape up money to go to new orleans again, easy access to cajun/creole food...and i swear i like more than just the food lol) but really, the only thing i like about tennessee is nashville. i've never been to chattanooga though, that looks like a cool city.
That place is huge though, so even though I didn't really go anywhere, it was quite the experience.

Now you see, if I had known back then that you were in Tennessee, it wouldn't have been expendable, now would it?

Well, I must bail for the night. Gotta be at work in less than 8 hours.

cya
Old 05-28-2008, 01:20 AM   #484
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 11:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
I have some experience with that town myself. My mom has to go out there for business meetings sometimes, and I went out there for a doctor's appointment once. It's not a bad place at all. Though it's a city, it doesn't feel overbearing.

I simply refuse to believe that gas will one day reach $10 or whatever like some believe. Something will, nay, MUST happen, and soon.
ha, awesome. i know the mall out there and the restaurants and such. i've not been there in a few years since my grandma lives with us now, but from what she's told me even from when she moved away (she moved from wv to frederick, then here) a lot had changed from what we remembered. but she is a bit crazy

and i agree. that's just pessimistic thinking, and being irrational. maybe i'm being naive, but i don't think even a republican president will let gas prices will get that ridiculous.
Old 05-28-2008, 01:20 AM   #485
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
yikes, how much is it over there?
I paid 3.91 today. At the Shell across the street from my girlfriend's condo, prices were 4.12, 4.29, and 4.39 on Sunday.
Old 05-28-2008, 01:22 AM   #486
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by phanan View Post
That place is huge though, so even though I didn't really go anywhere, it was quite the experience.

Now you see, if I had known back then that you were in Tennessee, it wouldn't have been expendable, now would it?

Well, I must bail for the night. Gotta be at work in less than 8 hours.

cya
this is true! everything with the word opryland is huge we do things bigger in tennessee

oooh, good

party pooper! night
Old 05-28-2008, 01:22 AM   #487
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by the tourist View Post
I paid 3.91 today. At the Shell across the street from my girlfriend's condo, prices were 4.12, 4.29, and 4.39 on Sunday.
i didn't think they'd crossed the $4 threshold anywhere yet. it's ridiculous.

is it january yet
Old 05-28-2008, 01:24 AM   #488
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:02 AM

I was just catching up on what I'd missed while my daughter was on Club Penguin .....my first concert was......Dolly Parton & Kenny Rogers....
Old 05-28-2008, 01:28 AM   #489
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gluey View Post

I was just catching up on what I'd missed while my daughter was on Club Penguin .....my first concert was......Dolly Parton & Kenny Rogers....
Old 05-28-2008, 01:28 AM   #490
The Male

Quote:
ha, awesome. i know the mall out there and the restaurants and such. i've not been there in a few years since my grandma lives with us now, but from what she's told me even from when she moved away (she moved from wv to frederick, then here) a lot had changed from what we remembered. but she is a bit crazy

and i agree. that's just pessimistic thinking, and being irrational. maybe i'm being naive, but i don't think even a republican president will let gas prices will get that ridiculous.
I have been to Hagerstown/Frederick so many times I can't even count. Basically, anytime something important needed to be shopped for, that's where we went. Plus, my mom worked in Frederick for a good while.

What gasoline reaching $10 entails is that nothing will change at all in the industry for the next 20-30 years, which is not something I believe will happen. There will be a change, eventually, but we need to be patient, even if things look bleak at the moment.

Now.
Old 05-28-2008, 01:29 AM   #491
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Old 05-28-2008, 01:34 AM   #492
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
I have been to Hagerstown/Frederick so many times I can't even count. Basically, anytime something important needed to be shopped for, that's where we went. Plus, my mom worked in Frederick for a good while.

What gasoline reaching $10 entails is that nothing will change at all in the industry for the next 20-30 years, which is not something I believe will happen. There will be a change, eventually, but we need to be patient, even if things look bleak at the moment.
ooh, cool. i've only been to frederick a couple times, but i don't know how many times i've been to hagerstown when looking it up on wiki though, i found a nearby city of paw paw

yeah, exactly. i don't think anyone will let them continue to produce huge gas guzzlers and such year after year, and continue to provide incentives. if anything, there's already signs the suv bubble is about to burst. which it's no surprise, really. with gas prices the way they are, and prices only getting higher, not lower, of course people are going to trade in suvs for smaller cars, even if it means losing money on the sale.
Old 05-28-2008, 01:34 AM   #493
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gluey View Post
Old 05-28-2008, 01:37 AM   #494
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Is it wrong that I also knew a lot of the words to the songs at the time????

My friend made me go with her and her parents.....I had no choice

Old 05-28-2008, 01:37 AM   #495
The Male

Quote:
ooh, cool. i've only been to frederick a couple times, but i don't know how many times i've been to hagerstown when looking it up on wiki though, i found a nearby city of paw paw

yeah, exactly. i don't think anyone will let them continue to produce huge gas guzzlers and such year after year, and continue to provide incentives. if anything, there's already signs the suv bubble is about to burst. which it's no surprise, really. with gas prices the way they are, and prices only getting higher, not lower, of course people are going to trade in suvs for smaller cars, even if it means losing money on the sale.
I wouldn't say either city is particularly great, just a step up.

I'm a bit surprised there hasn't been a substitute for gas marketed on a large scale just yet. It's those damn monopolies.

Now.

Tags
superthread