Swastika, Ontario Superthread - Page 22 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-27-2008, 11:18 PM   #316
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS
 
Pearl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: NYC
Posts: 5,653
Local Time: 09:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
I want to enroll at the University Of The Arts in Philadelphia under the musical program. I have a 4.0 GPA, so with a solid SAT score, I'm praying for a scholarship. :Pray:
Wow, that's great! Would you consider working in the music biz?
__________________

__________________
Pearl is offline  
Old 05-27-2008, 11:20 PM   #317
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,808
Local Time: 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post


for real though, that's awesome
I've never considered myself a nerd at all, as I've never cared much for school in general. My area of expertise is test-taking and memorizing small, uninteresting facts, hence my high GPA. Plus, most subjects come easily to me except for, say, mathematics. No joke, I could read at a 6th grade level when I was 7. I'm sure it's plateaued since, however.
__________________

__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is online now  
Old 05-27-2008, 11:33 PM   #318
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,609
Local Time: 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
I've never considered myself a nerd at all, as I've never cared much for school in general. My area of expertise is test-taking and memorizing small, uninteresting facts, hence my high GPA. Plus, most subjects come easily to me except for, say, mathematics. No joke, I could read at a 6th grade level when I was 7. I'm sure it's plateaued since, however.
i know what you mean. i was the same way when i was that age. although when i got older, i just stopped trying as hard. when i graduated high school i only had a 3.5 gpa
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 05-27-2008, 11:34 PM   #319
Blue Crack Addict
 
Screwtape2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Posts: 18,353
Local Time: 08:38 PM
So my first Facebook challenge. Someone has friended me that I don't know. Should I friend them.
__________________
Screwtape2 is offline  
Old 05-27-2008, 11:36 PM   #320
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,808
Local Time: 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
i know what you mean. i was the same way when i was that age. although when i got older, i just stopped trying as hard. when i graduated high school i only had a 3.5 gpa
I've always been a perfectionist when it's come to grades, and getting C's on occasion really freaked me the fuck out. I eventually learned that they tend to balance out over time, and a couple of missteps aren't a big deal. But back then, man, I cared more than anyone. I used to get lectured by teachers to stop caring so much.

Got to say, it's a ton easier to keep your grades up when you're homeschooled, so I'm glad to have that weight lifted off me to some extent.
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is online now  
Old 05-27-2008, 11:37 PM   #321
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,609
Local Time: 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwtape2 View Post
So my first Facebook challenge. Someone has friended me that I don't know. Should I friend them.
what's their name :nosey:
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 05-27-2008, 11:38 PM   #322
Blue Crack Addict
 
Screwtape2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Posts: 18,353
Local Time: 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
what's their name :nosey:
Debbie Kendall. We have a mutual friend in Lancemc.
__________________
Screwtape2 is offline  
Old 05-27-2008, 11:38 PM   #323
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,609
Local Time: 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LemonMelon View Post
I've always been a perfectionist when it's come to grades, and getting C's on occasion really freaked me the fuck out. I eventually learned that they tend to balance out over time, and a couple of missteps aren't a big deal. But back then, man, I cared more than anyone. I used to get lectured by teachers to stop caring so much.

Got to say, it's a ton easier to keep your grades up when you're homeschooled, so I'm glad to have that weight lifted off me to some extent.
yeah, you're lucky

god, i'll never forget the time in high school i tried (keyword: tried) to sign up for ap european history. history is like one of my worst subjects, i don't know why i thought i'd do well in this class. i was making really bad grades, like....failing i ended up switching to the regular-level class, which was american history it was taught by a football coach who, instead of tests, gave us open book quizzes every week

i brought my average up in no time
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 05-27-2008, 11:39 PM   #324
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,808
Local Time: 05:38 PM
I put "independent" as my political view. This is by no means official, but I hate aligning myself with republicans these days. Plus, every internet test I've taken on the matter has placed me slightly left.
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is online now  
Old 05-27-2008, 11:40 PM   #325
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,609
Local Time: 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwtape2 View Post
Debbie Kendall. We have a mutual friend in Lancemc.
she must be someone from interference, i just did some snooping and she's listed as a fan of interference.com. not any major breakthrough in private investigation, i know, but still
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 05-27-2008, 11:42 PM   #326
Blue Crack Addict
 
Gluey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Cattle Class
Posts: 15,477
Local Time: 02:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
she must be someone from interference, i just did some snooping and she's listed as a fan of interference.com. not any major breakthrough in private investigation, i know, but still

Isn't Jamila a Debbie?
__________________
Gluey is offline  
Old 05-27-2008, 11:43 PM   #327
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,808
Local Time: 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
yeah, you're lucky

god, i'll never forget the time in high school i tried (keyword: tried) to sign up for ap european history. history is like one of my worst subjects, i don't know why i thought i'd do well in this class. i was making really bad grades, like....failing i ended up switching to the regular-level class, which was american history it was taught by a football coach who, instead of tests, gave us open book quizzes every week

i brought my average up in no time
I remember in 8th grade, my math grades were dropping like crazy for part of a period because they were teaching geometry, which I suck at, only for it to turn a complete 180 (lawlz) and end up being some of the easiest material of the year in the second half, so I ended up with a strong A. Also, I remember just barely scraping an A- one period by about a single percentage point. I think that was in science. Never had any trouble with history for any period of time.

They occasionally gave us open book tests in science, but nothing else.
__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is online now  
Old 05-27-2008, 11:43 PM   #328
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator
 
KhanadaRhodes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: a vampire in the limousine
Posts: 60,609
Local Time: 07:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gluey View Post
Isn't Jamila a Debbie?
heh, i saw this girl's pic, it's not her. this one debbie kendall is quite the hottie imo
__________________
KhanadaRhodes is offline  
Old 05-27-2008, 11:43 PM   #329
Blue Crack Addict
 
Screwtape2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Posts: 18,353
Local Time: 08:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
she must be someone from interference, i just did some snooping and she's listed as a fan of interference.com. not any major breakthrough in private investigation, i know, but still
We must discover the truth! *shakes fist*

Well I'll add her in any case. Then ask who she is.
__________________
Screwtape2 is offline  
Old 05-27-2008, 11:48 PM   #330
The Male
 
LemonMelon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Hollywoo
Posts: 65,808
Local Time: 05:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pearl View Post
Wow, that's great! Would you consider working in the music biz?
Perhaps as a producer or professional critic.
__________________

__________________


Now.
LemonMelon is online now  
 

Tags
superthread

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Design, images and all things inclusive copyright © Interference.com