Swastika, Ontario Superthread - Page 18 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-27-2008, 09:59 PM   #256
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 07:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axver View Post
If my current plan actually works out (and who can predict so far into the future?), I'll be handing in my PhD thesis in 2013 or 2014. Then ... well, I guess I'd just work at whatever uni wants to take me, preferably one in Melbourne! I really don't feel like moving back to New Zealand ...
wow, a phd? that's awesome! but, damn! i'm still trying to finish my bachelors, you're making me look bad

Old 05-27-2008, 10:01 PM   #257
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhanadaRhodes View Post
wow, a phd? that's awesome! but, damn! i'm still trying to finish my bachelors, you're making me look bad
And your making me look bad!

Old 05-27-2008, 10:02 PM   #258
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally Posted by bono_man2002 View Post
Even if they put it out in, September?. Its better than waiting 5 months just waiting and waiting. Patience seems to be the key I've lost with U2. At least we'll have a single in September.

I'm off for lunch folks. see you guys later
Yeah, but then they won't qualify for two different years at the Grammies and they won't maximise Thanksgiving/Christmas sales.

Have a good one!

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-27-2008, 10:02 PM   #259
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
And your making me look bad!
i am?
Old 05-27-2008, 10:03 PM   #260
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Even if they put it out in, September?. Its better than waiting 5 months just waiting and waiting. Patience seems to be the key I've lost with U2. At least we'll have a single in September.

I'm off for lunch folks. see you guys later
see you later!
Old 05-27-2008, 10:03 PM   #261
Vocal parasite

Quote:
PhD is just a good excuse to write a lot of shit about history.

Plus I kind of need one to be employed as an academic.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-27-2008, 10:04 PM   #262
Vocal parasite

Quote:
i am?
At least, unlike him, you've started university!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-27-2008, 10:05 PM   #263
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Yeah, but then they won't qualify for two different years at the Grammies and they won't maximise Thanksgiving/Christmas sales.

Have a good one!
yeah, i was gonna say the same thing, but i figured i might as well just quote you. surely everyone can see the correlation. in the beginning it was just a fluke i'm sure, but now? purely stupid marketing. let's sit on an album, drag it out, just so it'll be out for christmas. utterly ridiculous.

the only good thing about it, the ONLY!! good thing about it, is my main band dd put out their album a while back and are finaly (!!!!!) touring for it. so, i've seen them once already. i might even get to see them on their third leg by the time the new album comes out if not though, it's unlikely i'd have to decide between seeing the two bands, since it's doubtful U2 will tour anywhere near me on the first leg. this won't be the popmart tour again
Old 05-27-2008, 10:06 PM   #264
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
PhD is just a good excuse to write a lot of shit about history.

Plus I kind of need one to be employed as an academic.
lol ahh, i see
Old 05-27-2008, 10:06 PM   #265
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
At least, unlike him, you've started university!
ooh i didn't know that. but still, by the time i graduate, he could easily start and finish his degree if he wanted!
Old 05-27-2008, 10:11 PM   #266
Vocal parasite

Quote:
yeah, i was gonna say the same thing, but i figured i might as well just quote you. surely everyone can see the correlation. in the beginning it was just a fluke i'm sure, but now? purely stupid marketing. let's sit on an album, drag it out, just so it'll be out for christmas. utterly ridiculous.

the only good thing about it, the ONLY!! good thing about it, is my main band dd put out their album a while back and are finaly (!!!!!) touring for it. so, i've seen them once already. i might even get to see them on their third leg by the time the new album comes out if not though, it's unlikely i'd have to decide between seeing the two bands, since it's doubtful U2 will tour anywhere near me on the first leg. this won't be the popmart tour again
Yeah, I'm sure that if they finished the album in, say, January, they wouldn't sit on it through to November, but because it's June, they can just drag out the process, do some promo gigs, and live like it's the eighties and efficient distribution networks don't exist. Ugh. And then there's Bono's blather about the test of an album being whether it lasts through two Christmases. No, it's not. I've never heard anyone but you use that standard, Bono.

Heh, I'm just wondering if U2 will even remember this part of the world exists ...

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-27-2008, 10:12 PM   #267
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

k, so speaking of college, i was (finally) gonna go back (again) in the spring. yes, as in january. i could register for the autumn semester if i wanted, but it's just cutting it too close, to be advised and everything.

anyway, the main reason i've decided to wait was because my mom's starting her science classes in the spring, and she's going to take astronomy. i'd tried taking chemistry last year, and...wow. high school chemistry and college chemistry are nothing alike if i take astronomy though, i'd need to take physics
Old 05-27-2008, 10:12 PM   #268
Vocal parasite

Quote:
ooh i didn't know that. but still, by the time i graduate, he could easily start and finish his degree if he wanted!
Wow, you have over 3.5 years to go?

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 05-27-2008, 10:13 PM   #269
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Yeah, I'm sure that if they finished the album in, say, January, they wouldn't sit on it through to November, but because it's June, they can just drag out the process, do some promo gigs, and live like it's the eighties and efficient distribution networks don't exist. Ugh. And then there's Bono's blather about the test of an album being whether it lasts through two Christmases. No, it's not. I've never heard anyone but you use that standard, Bono.

Heh, I'm just wondering if U2 will even remember this part of the world exists ...
i know! they're just so ridiculous about the whole thing. i try not to focus on it, because it just ticks me off. i just try to sit back and wait for the next album, which is why i don't get into the whole "omg give me leaked track plz" stuff.
Old 05-27-2008, 10:13 PM   #270
Vocal parasite

Quote:
k, so speaking of college, i was (finally) gonna go back (again) in the spring. yes, as in january. i could register for the autumn semester if i wanted, but it's just cutting it too close, to be advised and everything.

anyway, the main reason i've decided to wait was because my mom's starting her science classes in the spring, and she's going to take astronomy. i'd tried taking chemistry last year, and...wow. high school chemistry and college chemistry are nothing alike if i take astronomy though, i'd need to take physics
Why did I think you'd already gone back?

But eek, none of those subjects sound at all up my alley.

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread