Swastika, Ontario Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't recall how many total I've been to, but it's quite a few.

Utah is gorgeous, at least the southern part. Never been to the Salt Lake area.

I went right by the Salt Flats while it was dark and grey out. A very strange sight indeed.

I'm jealous.

i'd love to drive across country, but i kind of lost my chance, what with gas prices being what they are these days. i should've done it back when i first started driving and they were still in the $1 range. that makes me sound so old :no:

It was an amazing experience, very surreal. Just seeing how vast and expansive our country really is.

I had a camcorder for the trip - I've got it all on an 8mm tape.

Ah yes, the days of $1 prices for gas. How I miss thee.

Actually, over in New Castle, which is a coastal town here, there sits this old Mobil gas station that has been deserted for years. For whatever reason, it hasn't been torn down or rebuilt or anything, so it just rots away. Anyway, the original sign is still there, and the price for regular unleaded gasoline is still intact. It was $1.03 - I took a picture of it.

Memories.

Strange, we did the same...the quality is horrific now though. I would have done a much better job with it now, but I'm glad we took the effort anyway.

It was an amazing experience, very surreal. Just seeing how vast and expansive our country really is.

Ah yes, the days of $1 prices for gas. How I miss thee.

Actually, over in New Castle, which is a coastal town here, there sits this old Mobil gas station that has been deserted for years. For whatever reason, it hasn't been torn down or rebuilt or anything, so it just rots away. Anyway, the original sign is still there, and the price for regular unleaded gasoline is still intact. It was $1.03 - I took a picture of it.

Memories.
UGH :mad:

i remember when i was a kid, regular unleaded was 89¢. when i started driving, it was like...i think $1.29 or something. not too bad. it's $3.77 here now :crack: although there is ONE PLACE!!!! that has it for $3.67 and it's right by my house. it's owned by a supermarket now, but back when it was an independent gas station, i actually used to go back there back in the days of $1ish gas prices cuz they were like a couple cents cheaper than everyone else.

these days, i'd kill for even $2. wtf. oh well, at least i can go a month on a tank of gas.

Went by a gas station today that was selling the stuff for $3.89. :crack:
good lord. that's how it was in atlanta too, so i can't be too surprised.

although it's funny, when you think of gas prices, you think the bigger cities will have it more expensive. however, on my way home in alabama, they said the cheapest prices in the state were in birmingham. too bad i didn't need gas when i drove through there! :mad:

Hi :sexywink:

My one and only visit to Tennessee took place at the Opryland Hotel.
hey there :sexywink:

ha! all the times i've been to nashville, i've never been there. i kind of avoid the whole yee haw country music stuff though :crack: the closest i've come to seeing any of it was last year when i went there with a friend of mine, he insisted on going to ernest tubbs :coocoo:

good lord. that's how it was in atlanta too, so i can't be too surprised.

although it's funny, when you think of gas prices, you think the bigger cities will have it more expensive. however, on my way home in alabama, they said the cheapest prices in the state were in birmingham. too bad i didn't need gas when i drove through there! :mad:

I think we bought some gas for $3.68 a couple weeks back in Winchester, VA. That's a decent size city, so I believe your theory holds water.

$3.89 is bullshit. NO MORE.

hey there :sexywink:

ha! all the times i've been to nashville, i've never been there. i kind of avoid the whole yee haw country music stuff though :crack: the closest i've come to seeing any of it was last year when i went there with a friend of mine, he insisted on going to ernest tubbs :coocoo:

Yeah, I'm not a big country music person. I was there for a convention through work.

Tennessee wasn't part of the cross country trip. It was deemed expendable. :lol:

I think we bought some gas for $3.68 a couple weeks back in Winchester, VA. That's a decent size city, so I believe your theory holds water.

$3.89 is bullshit. NO MORE.
OMG I KNOW WINCHESTER :shocked: i've been there many, many times. it's the closest big city where my grandparents used to live in west virginia.

SERIOUSLY. there needs to be a cap on this, or getting rid of the tax on gas, some kind of relief. it's ridiculous that the oil companies post record profits every quarter yet they supposedly can't lower prices.

Yeah, I'm not a big country music person. I was there for a convention through work.

Tennessee wasn't part of the cross country trip. It was deemed expendable. :lol:
good, i can still talk to you :lol: a work convention? i'm sorry. i'd say at least you could go to the mall, but that's probably not your cup of tea :hmm:

and yes, tennessee is indeed expendable. there are some things i like about memphis (omg best barbecue in the world, no lie, and unless i scrape up money to go to new orleans again, easy access to cajun/creole food...and i swear i like more than just the food lol) but really, the only thing i like about tennessee is nashville. i've never been to chattanooga though, that looks like a cool city.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom