Survivor Pearl Islands

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The_Sweetest_Thing said:
Poor, poor Rupert. His monologue at the end...dammit, that was sad. Intense, but so incredibly sad. "I just don't fit in."
I just want to hug him. :(

I liked him up till this episode. He started to get arrogant and all "I'm obviously going to win". I mean, he got livid at Jon just cause Jon cast a vote for him. I mean, if you expect to not have votes cast against you and then try to intimidate someone into line, then you need to be put in your place.

The final words speech...please. He was so sorry for himself, whining about how he needed the money (yeah, like nobody else does either) and blah blah blah, "i don't fit in". Well suck it up, big boy! You aren't there to make friends and become a little social club, you're there to win a million dollars, and the others beat you fair and square (except perhaps in the case of Burton and Lill).

In the end, Rupert turned out to be almost as big a sook as Osten. I'm glad he left.

And I have no idea what he's so cranky about, he's already back in Panama doing Survivor All Stars as we speak, so he gets another shot at it.

Is Lil's face permanently frozen in that nasty expression? I can't stand her.

s7_ep7a_189.jpg

Sicy said:
Why is John still there :scream:

John will be in the final two.

Everyone hates him....they want a patsy there that they can beat.

Just a prediction.

18 previous contestants will compete in the All Star Survivor.

Looking forward to seeing Rudy again.

Jon is a fuckwit. I can't stand his gigantic teeth anymore, and talk about bad karma tonight with the grandmother lie. That's just really disturbing.

The girls should have voted him or Burton out while they had the chance.

Why oh why Did T overplay her hand and talk to Jon before the vote? If she had kept her mouth shut....Burton was GONE! Jon would be putty in their hands and it would be wrapped up.

LIL will flip next week. But man....talk about bad Karma.

I predict Jon potentially wins it all.....scary as it seems....The cast finds out about the lie after the vote when he is named the winner and Rupert tries to lill him!

Ooohhh.....

Survivor 4 - genuinely disliked Boston Rob.
Survivor 5 - Clay gave me the creeps.
Survivor 6 - I hated Rob. From the bottom of my soul.

Wha's lower than that? That's how much I hate Jon--lower than the depths of my soul. From the very fibre of my being. With every shread of integrity..that's how much I loathe him. AGGHH!
And apparently, most of the Survivors won't even find out until the show airs...

I felt very sorry for Christa, taking the rap for the fish. WHY IS JON STILL THERE?!!

The_Sweetest_Thing said:
Wha's lower than that? That's how much I hate Jon--lower than the depths of my soul. From the very fibre of my being. With every shread of integrity..that's how much I loathe him. AGGHH!

I was sitting there with my mouth open like this :shocked: What an ass. I hope he gets major shit for this.

Dreadsox said:
I predict Jon potentially wins it all.....scary as it seems....The cast finds out about the lie after the vote when he is named the winner and Rupert tries to lill him!

:crack: :lol: :lmao:

At tribal council when Jeff brought up Jon's grandmother, I thought Jeff was going to say Tonight we have a special guest at Tribal Council, Jon's Grandmother! :yikes:

Jeff = :drool: even when he makes mistakes.

I dont know if its me or what
but i do not enjoy "Survivor"
It tends to bring out the ugliest qualities/attributes of humankind.:down:

Those qualities/attributes would be-
-selfcenteredness
-decietfulness
-envy
- conivers
-manipulatiors

all to be "no 1"..at the expense of others..

People that worship this sort of behavior and mentality concern me.

DB9

Are you implying that we worship this behaviour?

I think Survivor does bring out some of the best qualities in humankind as well. There's always some kindness, loyalty, devotion, altruism. However, it seems that those who get ahead, get further in the game, are those who are more cunning, deceitful, and lie somewhat. And you know what? It's a metaphor for the world: there are some truly good people out there who can't get a break (nice guys finish last) and it seems that those who are 'looking out for number one' are the ones who get the furthest. Then again, what does it gain them? A bad reputation and some money. The ncie ones will walk away with respect, dignity, and more friends and love.

The_Sweetest_Thing said:
Are you implying that we worship this behaviour?

, loyalty, devotion, altruism. .

"altruism"?:lol:
loyalty..haha
devotion?

Sweetest Thing wrote-

"that those who are 'looking out for number one' are the ones who get the furthest. Then again, what does it gain them? A bad reputation and some money. The ncie ones will walk away with respect, dignity, and more friends and love."

My response-

I see a lot of conspirtators and oneupmanship and underhandedness going on..
I dont need a TV show to show me the difference between good and lousy human behavior nor do I need to enable to see decent people get f*cked over.:)

Db9

diamond, please.

this is a thread that i started for those who enjoy survivor to discuss each episode, not for people to criticize those who enjoy the show.

i'm sure you can see the difference. thank you.

I think Jon is a damn genius! He knows what he's doing, and although it didn't accomplish much immediately short of getting a night with his pal, the fact that he planned that before he ever left, is genius. The guy does truly have all the power in this tribe right now and is basically manipulating the game the way he wants. It's great. I love watching it.

Jon :angry:, whether or not it was genius, he will not make any friends if anyone else somehow gets wind of what the truth is. I just cant believe Sandra allowed Burton to be saved. Just when I was ready to root for her, she makes a deal with the devil (Jon).

Jon is a digusting human being....

I cannot believe that Jon lied about his grandma dying to get a sympathy win. That is so low. :down:

I also can't believe that Burton didn't go...those 4 gals could have teamed up against Jon, Burton, and Lill.

Bonochick said:

I also can't believe that Burton didn't go...those 4 gals could have teamed up against Jon, Burton, and Lill.

T overplayed her hand. She should never have gone to Jon and tried to get him to join them to get Krista the next week. She should have worried about Burton and him only.

diamond said:

Just quickly to reference that:

Survivor 2: Roger and Elisabeth know they're going to get booted. Roger asks to be voted off first since Elisabeth is younger and needs the money more.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sorry for addressing that.

And thanks Bg :) for your comment there. :up:

----------------------------------------------------------------------
And how funny was it when Darrah said to her boyfriend, "We need to talk when I get home" :lol: Christa's boyfriend got almost all the right answers. It was adorable.

yes occassionally one can find specks of morality/values come thru on an episode of Melrose Place too.;):up:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom