Survivor - Palau

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tom is the only one desrving to win...he has been the dominant player, Ian has performed well in challenges, but last night showed he really is too wishy washy to win the game.
He made at least 3 strategic blunders.
1. Taking Tom to the reward as Trevster mentioned after Tom said "we can't take each other"(Tom looked like he wanted to backhand Ian when he got in the car).
2. Not just telling Caryn upon return from reward that she was in their final 3 plans, deceit is part of the game's strategy, don't stutter and say "I'm not sure".
3. Caving in to Katie and being all whiny cause she was upset with you, the lazy b*tch has planned your departure from the game 3 different times with 3 different alternate alliances, open your eyes boy.

Jen and Katie have done nothing all game, just skated along on others' coattails (Tom, Ian and Greg mostly, plus Coby a bit earlier).
Neither deserves to win.
Tom is the only truly deserving player, he'll certainly be gone if he loses either of the last 2 immunity challenges.

Last night's Tribal Council was one of the best ever, lots of fireworks thanks to Caryn, her legacy to the game after 36 days of being a bump on a log, she finally got the gumption to stir the pot, and of course got ousted.

Hewson said:

1. Taking Tom to the reward as Trevster mentioned after Tom said "we can't take each other"(Tom looked like he wanted to backhand Ian when he got in the car).

maybe you missed it, but ian clearly said to jeff, "tom and i agreed that if there was a car involved, i would take tom." he even said that they shook on it.

don't blame ian. they both screwed up that one.

i thought it looked more like tom was trying to decide whether he should jump out or not. he knew it was a mistake.

I didn't miss that, but they never showed that being said by Tom, I'm guessing that was something they agreed to at an earlier stage, not during their morning pow-wow.
Ian is far from a master strategist.
I'm glad he won the car (I guess dolphin trainer's get paid poorly since he said he's never owned one before), but I don;t think he's savvy enough to win the game.

I really liked both Tom and Ian until last night and was hoping Ian would win. But last night Tom was aggressive and creepy and Ian was just plain weird. They both screwed up. Now I think Katie could win, or even Jen. Jen could be one of those (like Jenna from a couple of seasons ago) who just slides in under the radar to win. And how stupid was Caryn? She had no chance of being voted off until she started mouthing off. Glad she's gone, though.

Tom might not win even if he gets to the final. Coby hates him, Greg dislikes him, Stephanie was betrayed by him (sort of), he has pissed off Caryn, Katie, Jenn and eventually Ian to get to the final. And what if it was Tom and Katie in the final, I guess Ian would vote for Katie but who knows?

Past jury members have based their votes on either emotions or gameplay. So even if though he has played the best game overall, the jury might not reward him because of personal feelings.

But I agree with joyfulgirl, anyone of these four could make the final two. If Jen wins the next immunity, we will see some explosive fireworks between Ian and Tom, as Ian has said he will never write Katie's name down on the paper. She hasn't earned his loyalty in my book but that is his weakness in the game. In life, this loyalty and honesty is an admirable trait but in Survivor, the inability to lie, and be deceitful generally is a weakness which leads to your ouster with Ethan being the only possible exception when he won in Africa.

Ian crying and whining.:huh:

"There just like the girls out there??":crazy:

I think Coby needs to kick the shit out of him and show him how to be a man.

If it were a Tom and Katie final, I think the votes would go to Tom. Mainly because Katie road coattails to get to where she is.

Yes, Tom played dirty, but that's the game.

I just hope it doesn't turn into a sobfest like last season where everyone was whining because someone lied to them.

I'd really like to see a Tom and Ian final...that would be good.

I can completely see Coby playing the "Woe is me, no one likes me just like in high school" card. He would probably vote for the person who kisses his ass the most at the jury questioning.

Last edited:
deep said:
Ian crying and whining.:huh:

"There just like the girls out there??":crazy:

I think Coby needs to kick the shit out of him and show him how to be a man.

Coby's sideline dramatic faces at tribal council have been making me laugh.

Final episode tomorrow night!!

I don't think Tom played "dirty". I think he and Ian have played an excellent game. I think this has been the cleanest Survivor game ever with strategy and of course some deception but hardly anything along the lines of the past shows. Even when they got rid of Greg, he turned to them and said "You guys are good". I'm sure he understood it's part of the game since he was trying to do the same thing to Tom. Tom has "strong-armed" some people by suggesting consequences to their actions but there is nothing wrong with that. He hasn't attacked anyone personally or belittled them, actually most of the people have been civil to one another except for Janu who isolated herself pretty much.

I would like Tom or Ian to win this season since they earned it but the juries are hard to figure out although recently they seem to favour the best player regardless of personal feelings.

Tom vs Katie winner Tom
Tom vs Jen winner Tom
Tom vs Ian winner Ian
Ian vs Katie winner Ian
Ian vs Jen winner Ian
Jen vs Katie winner Jen ???

Neither Jen or Katie would want to face Tom or Ian in the final IMO. It is possible to see a Katie/Jen final if Jen wins immunity and Ian votes out Tom and Katie/Jen win the final immunity and kick out Ian. It could happen and would be a terrific ending to shock us after this great season so far. As good as a Tom/Ian jury final would be, a Katie/Jen final would be almost funny because each would have a difficult time answering "Why do you deserve the money or do you think you were the best competitor?"

See you all tomorrow night after the show.:wave:

I have no idea what deep is talking about.:shrug:

But a guy named Kel supposedly smuggled beef jerky in with him to the game, was called on it and was promptly voted off. He denied it but even Jeff Probst thinks he did it. You are not allowed to take anything like food or survival stuff with you. That is the only example of cheating I know of.

trevster2k said:

Tom vs Katie winner Tom
Tom vs Jen winner Tom
Tom vs Ian winner Ian
Ian vs Katie winner Ian
Ian vs Jen winner Ian
Jen vs Katie winner Jen ???

I pretty much agree with this although if it's down to Tom vs. Ian I think Tom could win. They have both played a solid game although Ian has kicked ass in immunity challenges. It's possible that the jury might take into consideration personal factors like Tom is a fireman who puts his life at risk for others, while Ian is young and has his whole life ahead of him to make a lot of money. :shrug:

I picked Ian because he was less abrasive towards others as opposed to Tom, which I thought would help him with the emotional side of the vote. But you are correct too about the personal factors. The jury is unpredictable as to what motivates their votes.:huh:

YellowKite said:

I need clarification on this. How can you cheat at this game?

Is she the only survivor to last 13 weeks and still be a chubster?

It is not possible.

She must be an opossum
raiding the production crews’ pantry.

deep said:

Is she the only survivor to last 13 weeks and still be a chubster?

It is not possible.

She must be an opossum
raiding the production crews’ pantry.

:lol:

I think she is stealing Ian's food.

trevster2k said:
I have no idea what deep is talking about.:shrug:

But a guy named Kel supposedly smuggled beef jerky in with him to the game, was called on it and was promptly voted off. He denied it but even Jeff Probst thinks he did it. You are not allowed to take anything like food or survival stuff with you. That is the only example of cheating I know of.

I thought Jerri made that up to get him voted off.

I don't even want to think about how he smuggled it in:huh:

KATIE WON!!!!!!!!!!

can you believe it?

What an upset!!

SPOILER ALERT !!!!!!!!

Do not read this if it has not aired in your time zone.

Goodbye Jen! She played her last card. It was a great effort to save herself.

Last edited:
Excellent immunity challenge involving endurance and stamina, and for the first time in a few series, no deals being made and the winner legitmately having to put in many hours of work to earn it, up to this point anyway.

Another point for the Palau Survivor season.:up:

:shocked: What an incredible display of honesty, integrity, honour or some may say stupidity but I totally respect this move. Money ain't everything in life but a heavy heart is a very difficult thing to live with.

:applaud:

Last edited:
I said earlier that Ian seems to really value his word, integrity, respect, and honour and he just proved it with his actions when push came to shove.

This was like a redemption scene from a film, in his mind, to regain his good name, he fell on his sword. This season has been fantastic, I have to keep repeating this.:wink:

Great ending! Finally, a winner who truly deserves the prize based on gameplay, domination of challenges and doing what they had to do to survive in the game.

Jeff just summed up this season perfectly.

Next season will be have a difficult time surpassing the quality of this season.

deep said:
KATIE WON!!!!!!!!!!

can you believe it?

What an upset!!

SPOILER ALERT !!!!!!!!

Do not read this if it has not aired in your time zone.

Maybe next time you should put the SPOILER ALERT !!!!!!! before you post the spoiler.

don't worry Sicy, deep was just trying to be funny.:wink: .........in deep's own way.

The only spoiler we know about is who ends up as the final two. The winner is announced live, well, about 3 hours ago EST.

Haven't you watched it yet in Cali? BTW, don't read my posts either, some spoiling there too.:wink:

Back
Top Bottom