Survivor - Palau - Page 19 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-15-2005, 10:37 PM   #271
Neon Zebra

Local Time: 09:15 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by trevster2k
What an incredible display of honesty, integrity, honour or some may say stupidity but I totally respect this move. Money ain't everything in life but a heavy heart is a very difficult thing to live with.
i thought it was total bullshit that those two mind-fucked ian into thinking he'd done something wrong. all he did was play the game, just like the rest of them. the only thing he did wrong was get caught. honor indeed. where was tom's honor when he was threatening katie on the beach.

ian needs to be bitch slapped all the way home for that one. after he spent the night at the fire after being reprimanded by the both of them for, again, playing the game, he said he was going to fight, and then he just gave up.

that was the most ridiculous thing i have ever seen in the entire history of survivor, and i have only missed one single show in that history. the whole thing was so wrong that i can't even put it into words. everyone flips on everyone. it's always been that way. i can't believe ian let them put it into his head that he'd done something wrong.

katie is so full of shit. she tried to form a women's alliance to vote off the guys long before ian flipped the sharing of the reward challenge on her. then she makes ian cry over his decision to take tom.

so lame. i wish neither of those two had won anything

gah, i can't wait for next season

Old 05-15-2005, 10:58 PM   #272
Neon Zebra

and i missed the first half of the reunion show

can anyone tell me what ian said about the whole thing, if anything?

thanks

Old 05-15-2005, 11:05 PM   #273
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 01:45 AM
I agree that Ian did nothing wrong. I agree he was playing the game. But Ian's perception of his actions motivated his decision. Yep, Tom was full of crap at the last tribal council yet no one called him on it. Ian was only guilty of trying to save his ass if he didn't get the immunity and one of the girls did. That is what he should have told Tom. Tom never wavered on Ian though which is what I think really made Ian think about what he told the girls. In the end, Ian's values cost him the money.But like I have said, Ian really values integrity and committment to his word which affected his decision regarding the money. Like he said at the reunion show, he couldn't respect himself if he won the money and had to go against his values to win it.

I agree, Katie does not deserve Ian's loyalty but he did what he had to in his mind and I'm sure he is at peace with himself over his decision.

Still, I do think Tom is one of the few winners ever to deserve the money. He dominated the challenges both tribal and individual, contributed during camp life, generally played good strategy and wasn't overtly evil like some of the past winners. That is why Katie only got the one vote and I'm sure Ian knew that when he told Tom to take Katie, he was giving Tom the million. Besides, Ian has a brand new Corvette and I'm sure Tom will always be there for Ian in the future.

In any case, I am quite satisfied with the ending and this whole season. But now it's over.
Old 05-15-2005, 11:07 PM   #274
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

I have to agree with bg about Ian. It's too bad. I felt he really did care about them, all the crying and everything he did.

I am just so glad Katie didnt win. She didnt deserve shit. Tom at least played the game hard.

Survivor Guatemala
Old 05-15-2005, 11:12 PM   #275
Neon Zebra

Quote:
Originally posted by Sicy
Survivor Guatemala
Old 05-15-2005, 11:16 PM   #276
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Ian said that (paraphrasing here)" he wanted to play the game with what he came from and the values he had come into the game with, at the eleventh hour, literally, he realized he had not been doing that. He wasn't willing to sacrifice what he was going to take back to his family and friends to win a million bucks, he said he has no regrets."

On a more positive note, wasn't that story regarding Coby adopting his cousin's baby and naming her Janu heartwarming.

Survivor Guatemala, funny, I have a foster child living in Guatemala, Deicy. She lives in Playitas.
Old 05-15-2005, 11:37 PM   #277
Neon Zebra

Quote:
Ian said that (paraphrasing here)" he wanted to play the game with what he came from and the values he had come into the game with, at the eleventh hour, literally, he realized he had not been doing that. He wasn't willing to sacrifice what he was going to take back to his family and friends to win a million bucks, he said he has no regrets."

On a more positive note, wasn't that story regarding Coby adopting his cousin's baby and naming her Janu heartwarming.

Survivor Guatemala, funny, I have a foster child living in Guatemala, Deicy. She lives in Playitas.
thanks for the info. i guess if it was important for ian to leave that way, then it's not for me to judge. only he knows what's in his heart and mind.

i agree, it was a lovely thing coby did

one of my best friends in the whole world's mother was born in guatemala. i'm guessing that he'll enjoy next season's location.

until september
Old 05-15-2005, 11:46 PM   #278
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Anyone who wants to email Tom a congrats can, tom@tom108.com He has a website with some pictures of himself and his family, biography and leadership program he is involved with.
Old 05-16-2005, 01:05 AM   #279
fah
Blue Crack Addict

My thoughts on the evening:

I'm glad Tom won
What the hell was Ian thinking - I agree with BG
Soooo happy for Coby and baby Janu

My one queston...how many/who voted for Tom - I missed that part

I'm looking forward to September

Guatemala
Old 05-16-2005, 01:06 AM   #280
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

6-1, Jeff read only 1 vote for Katie, and 4 for Tom which means Katie only got 1 vote.
Old 05-16-2005, 01:10 AM   #281
fah
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
6-1, Jeff read only 1 vote for Katie, and 4 for Tom which means Katie only got 1 vote.
I saw part of that but still means that there are 2 other votes that we haven't seen yet...right?

Jeff only reads out the votes until there is enough for a winner to be declared.
Old 05-16-2005, 01:16 AM   #282
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

No, if Katie had received more than the one, he would have read it out as he read votes for Tom to create the suspense like at tribal councils. You know, when he says that's enough, no need to read the rest of the votes. It means that all of the votes not read were with the majority. So Katie only received Coby's vote and that's it.
Old 05-16-2005, 01:20 AM   #283
fah
Blue Crack Addict

So Coby voted for Katie and Ian did not

I so loved this series of Survivor ~ I'm going to miss it
Old 05-16-2005, 02:13 AM   #284
War Child

Local Time: 12:15 AM
I did admire Katie at the final tribal council by refusing to answer Janu's ridiculous question, because she knew it wouldn't make a difference.

Jen's whole "respect my game" thing was pretty lame and I loved how Tom danced around it. "Your game was that your game was hidden until almost the end, I respect that."

I think Ian bowing out to keep the friendship of the other two players was kind of nice, but like others have said he was manipulated into doing it.
Old 05-16-2005, 05:24 AM   #285
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:15 AM
Ian bowing out and the way the whole final 4 played out only affirms my statement that Ian was too wishy washy to win the game.
It would have been more interesting to see Tom vs Ian in the final just to see the jury struggle with the decision a bit...it wasn't really 6-1 if Coby is to be believed, he said if he voted for Katie it wouldn't be a vote "for her", but a vote "against Tom", so it was almost like 6-0 with an abstention.

Katie really didn't belong anywhere near the final, she just rode coattails. As deep so eloquenlty pointed out, she seemed to never lose any weight, of course when all you do for 39 days is sit around and let others bring you fish, clams, shark and coconuts, its possible to retain your body size.

Glad Tom won, clearly the most deserving of the bunch.

Anyone else have the thought when Jeff said Coby had a life changing revelation after returning home that we were gonna find out he'd turned straight and was dating Angie...no didn't think so.