Survivor Micronesia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Glad to see Truck gone....what a twat. He said the game of Survivor is all about strength. Well he sure hasn't been that much of a "fan" of the show because past seasons have shown that numbers and social situations is what gets you to the end. Being visibly strong or hulk-like in appearance as well as being a bully doesn't get you very far.

In regards to Amanda looking at Ozzy during TC. That could have been editing by CBS.

Last edited:
Poor Chet, what a wet noodle he is.....smart move tho not voting him off. Not THIS week anyway. Not so sure that he will last much longer, although the entire dynamics of his group have changed for sure now, it'll be interesting to see what happens now.

I laughed outloud when they voted Joel off. I really disliked him. He was such a lummox!

The game doesn't belong only to the strong. Joel who is supposedly such a physical force has never been able to lead his team to victory and you can't put that all on Chet. You play the game with what you have and Tracy and Cerie have definitely done that.

Chet IS pathetic though. The only reason he's still around is because he's being used.

:) I do that sometimes too where I think somebody is so dumb but then think after that they probably edited it. Those wiseguys like to fool us.

So I wonder if Jonathon will be out, I hope not. In the clips for next week his face looked really gaunt.

Slipstream said:
Glad to see Truck gone....what a twat. He said the game of Survivor is all about strength. Well he sure hasn't been that much of a "fan" of the show because past seasons have shown that numbers and social situations is what gets you to the end. Being visibly strong or hulk-like in appearance as well as being a bully doesn't get you very far.

That's very true. Has anyone ever won just on physical and winning challenges? Ozzy almost did but even he lost to Yul and his manipulation of the jury.

Tom Westman did quite well on Palau with strength but he had his alliance as back-up and was likeable and middle aged. The large, young, muscular and physical stereotypes are usually instant targets in the long haul.

Joel should have realised that but instead he decided to drag Chet all over the obstacle course like he was a rag doll showing no compassion or teamwork. He showed Ozzy and his ilk that he's a physical threat and needs to avoid getting to the merge.

Slipstream said:
Tom Westman did quite well on Palau with strength but he had his alliance as back-up and was likeable and middle aged. The large, young, muscular and physical stereotypes are usually instant targets in the long haul.

Joel should have realised that but instead he decided to drag Chet all over the obstacle course like he was a rag doll showing no compassion or teamwork. He showed Ozzy and his ilk that he's a physical threat and needs to avoid getting to the merge.

:yes:

Tom Westman was also an ace strategist and an able social player. . .both skills Joel the Lummox was sorely lacking.

I continue to be very unimpressed by the fans in general (with the exception of Tracy who has demonstrated a lot of moxie in this game so far. I also kind of like that motivational speaker. She's kinda cute.)

That was one hell of an ending, and it would've been even more so if they had voted Ozzy off.

Chet really blew it for his allies. All he had to do was attend tribal council, help the others vote off Ozzy, which would have been the biggest Survivor blindside ever, and then tell Jeff that he can't go on and leave as well. It would have been an amazing way to go out.

^ We were saying the same thing!! He could have just said he needed medical attention the next day and he could have gone home. What a freaking wussy :madspit:

I was sad to see Jonathan go :sad:

And where did the votes for Erik come from?? :huh:

Sicy said:

And where did the votes for Erik come from?? :huh:
That confounded me, Chet and Tracy voting for Erik...I guess Tracy didn't want to piss off any Favorites by voting for them and said she would never vote for Chet.

Can't wait to see Jason play the ImmOzzyty Idol...Ozzy even tried to carve a face on it...classic.

Chet's exit is several weeks too late.

MrPryck2U said:
Glad to see Chet go.
Sad to see Jonathon go.

Me too. I liked him (Jonathan) a lot better this season. Makes you wonder how much we're all manipulated by production, because he seemed a lot more shady in his first go-around. He seemed to be playing it a bit more straight this time, but in reality he might be playing the same way and production just likes to mess with us.

Speaking of production, I think we all got played. All the "vote off Ozzy" talk and in the end it wasn't even considered. Erik is a whiner, when Malakal loses again he's next.

Sicy said:
No one voted for Ozzy. :confused:

Oh, I thought some people had voted for him when I read this:

phanan said:
That was one hell of an ending, and it would've been even more so if they had voted Ozzy off.

Chet really blew it for his allies. All he had to do was attend tribal council, help the others vote off Ozzy, which would have been the biggest Survivor blindside ever, and then tell Jeff that he can't go on and leave as well. It would have been an amazing way to go out.

And speaking of blowing things, they completely screwed up the immunity challenge. What were they thinking? Yeah, the other team didn't have the workhorse that is James, but clearly that was the more efficient method, so why they kept on walking on the poles, even when the other team was already carrying over their second person, I just do not know. They should have changed tactics, that would have given them a fighting chance.

phanan said:

Exactly!!!!

I really like Ozzy, so part of me didn't want to see him go...but, for pure entertainment value, it would have been great. Plus...like I said, I like the guy, but I didn't care for his over confidence before the vote. I don't care who you are or in what position you are, unless you have immunity (and he technically didn't, since he wasn't playing his hidden idol), you are NOT safe. Haven't people learned this by now??? He had no clue that there had been a potential plan to oust him.

I cried when Jonathan left (I get way too invested in these shows, jeez), I felt so bad for him. :sad:

Oh, Jason...he was so victorious and full of glee when he found the fake idol...:lol: This could be good. :giggle:

Ozzy's over confidence was starting to bug me too. Perhaps he caught on to exactly how people were going to vote but you just never know and his gamble could have backfired.

Jonathon leaving was really sad and you could obviously see how distraught he was having to leave the game. Then you see someone like Chet giving up. Though I don't blame Chet, 'cause everyone has their limitations, it still did irk me a bit.

It definitely shows how Jonathon is one of the best Survivors of all-time. A classy guy me thinks, and I'm going to miss him and what could have happened if he stayed in the game.

I felt soo bad for Jonathan when he gave in and went off with the medics to hospital. It was unfortunate, I think he could have gone all the wya till the end.

Bonochick said:

I like the guy, but I didn't care for his over confidence before the vote.
Slipstream said:
Ozzy's over confidence was starting to bug me too.
I bet that was another case of "Survivor editing", and everyone knew Chet was going, but they had led us to believe that Ozzy might go, so they played up Ozzy's comment, and probably didn't show 4 others say the same thing at TC.

phanan said:

Yes, but it would have lacked "honor", apparently :rolleyes:

Chet has to be one of the worst players in the history of the game! I don't know what kind of honor he thinks he has in this game refusing to help his teammates out when they needed him.

What a contrast to Penner who went out like a real hero. I haven't liked him much better in this game than the last time around but I did like, respect, and was moved by his heart and his desire to keep playing.

One person I do like more this time around is Ami. I couldn't stand her last time.

I really don't think there was as much producer meddling though that led to Chet's ouster. Chet said he would "think about it" and all that happened that they didn't show us was Chet deciding that he wasn't going to go along with plan. He probably told his allies "Sorry, guys I'm not doing it" and they had to give it up.

I thought the "Micronesian Natives" was kind of funny. The producers obviously want us to think they are shooting in a new location rather than in Palau again. I don't think anyone out here really goes by the term Micronesian--they're identified ethnically by the island group they belong to and the language they speak (and there is no Micronesian language.) Those guys were Palauan--I've heard the accent a thousand times and recognized it right away. So if there is any producer manipulation it's in their kind of stereotypical and simplistic depiction of "the islanders."

Schedule Alert

Because of the NCAA tourney Survivior is on tonight (Wed) not tomorrow...I think it may be one of those useless recap shows, but I'm not sure.

I would have been PISSED if I was sitting at home doing nothing and missed it :|

I just love Jeff!!:heart: :heart:
he was so nice with that crazy Kathy....we all know how he really feels about people giving up...:wink:

Back
Top Bottom