Survivor Micronesia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
S1 (Borneo), S2 (Australian Outback), S7 (Pearl Islands), S8 (All Stars), S9 (Vanuatu), S10 (Palau) are the six available on DVD. The series was one of, if not the, biggest selling reality shows in DVD history. Unfortunately, that still means nothing because few want to own something where 50% of your enjoyment comes from the unexpected departures at the end of each episode. Where's the replay value in watching Tom barrel his way to the end of Palau?

Anyway, those are the only six that will ever be released. Amazon has them all on sale for $12.50 a pop. The first two seasons also come with the "movie" dvds with uncensored scenes, etc. that were released well before the boxed sets.

As for how they chose the seasons they did, S1/S2/S8 were the three highest-rated while S7 is usually in the top three (with S1/S2) in fan lists. No idea why they went for S9/S10 more recently, perhaps to help generate interest in a future All Stars installment (which ended up becoming Micronesia)? A shame that we could've had Marquesas and Amazon instead. Personally, I don't own any of these. I have watched the first season twice and it definitely has replay value. I've seen reruns of Australian Outback, Thailand and Pearl Islands and can safely say that those seasons don't hold up that well. Guess Borneo truly did have the best cast in reality history. :love:

Thanks you so much for taking the time to write all that great info down:) I think I might buy some or all of them if it's only 12.50. I have Magnum dvd's in a priority buying mode right now lol. But I really do like Borneo the best and I remember how excited I was when it went down to the final 3. Seems like yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom