Survivor Micronesia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I must say the original premise of this Survivor series didn't thrill me one iota - however it has turned out to be by far the most entertaining since.. oh the Amazon I suppose?

The backstabbing, the injuries, the general stupidity and now this final four... absolute gold, and deserving of a much larger audience. I hope this one gets a DVD release.

I thought I heard in a commercial that there were 3 tribal councils tonight. So, would that mean it's back to a final 2?

The concept / franchise could have played itself out by now

big brother had a weak season / based on the concept / contestants this season

survivor got lucky,
with a pretty good season

of course, I still believe that the producers manipulate these shows, where they can

Another Finale is upon us. I'll be rooting for Amanda AND against Natalie. I wouldn't be surpised if Cirie or Parvati won though.

I wonder if they'll pull the trigger on the Vehicle gimmick again. That's become so lame. Usually the vehicle sucks and I think you still have to pay taxes on it too.

Amanda was kind of annoying me at the end so congrats to Parvarti. Even though her game pretty much just consisted of flirting with everyone to get what she wants :yawn:

I think its funny that Ozzy and Amanda are in love. Wonder how long that will last.

I thought a lot of them looked better without makeup. We had this same discussion last season. :hmm:

I cant believe we have to wait until fall for the next season :sad: :scream:

Well, that was an interesting season with lots of good twists.

Amanda was the only one of the final four that I liked, but I knew she didn't do any favors with the jury with her tears at the end.

What was up with Natalie's oddball questions at tribal council?! How'd she get cast for the show?

Parv the perv

:up: Good for James and the $100,000

I am also having withdrawals already and thought this before tonite's show was even over. We have a long wait but it'll hopefully be an interesting show in a new place :up:

It seems like Amanda is just a sensitive and sweet girl

she cries, so what

Parv only won because some people were sore losers

Amanda should not have been so nice
she should have voted Cirie out and kept Natalie

Keeping Cirie was more risky than keeping Natalie

Parv would have put Cirie out and kept Amanda if she won final 3 immunity

Cirie only had herself to blame for not winning the final challenge. She even said it was a challenge she that favored her background.

Sicy said:
so congrats to Parvarti. Even though her game pretty much just consisted of flirting with everyone to get what she wants.

You're correct. If you're talking about Cook Islands. :lol:

This girl was the best female winner to play the game and played flawlessly enough to be in the pool of "best player ever"....stringing together two alliances that guarantee you make it to the endgame? continually blindsiding people left/right? being the only person there that knew what was going down at every tribal council? Girl played one of, if not the, most aggressive balls-to-the-wall games this show has ever seen.

Amanda looked so different in last seasons finale too...what was up with her Farrah Fawcett bangs last night?:huh: I guess survivor doesn't really need stylists out in the wild...but they should find someone better to help out in the finales...:wink:

Congrats to Parvati...she deserved the win

I don't like her but I have to agree with BigMac on this one. Parv played a very strong game. That said epic phail on Amanda's part (and to a certain extend Cirie's). It's been clear since the blindsiding of Ozzy that Parv had a clear path to the final, yet absolutely nobody even attempted to turn the game around? Just seeing how it went down I'm not sure how much of this was Parv's good play and how much was others' poor play. Any idiot could see that Parv had at least 3 jury votes with at least one other possible. Letting Parv go to the final untouched when you know Natalie, Alexis, and Jason are in her pocket is just stupid, too many people came to this game to hang out on the beach I think rather than to win some $$$.

And all that said Amanda and Cirie had a chance to make a play with Natalie, and chose not too. Cirie especially...instead of whining about being on the bottom of the alliance how about playing the game and trying to change that? Then to top it off Amanda is sitting there with another opportunity, knowing that if she goes to the F2 with Parv the best she can do is tie Parvati and she chooses to go against Parv rather than Cirie? For all the mocking of Ozzy, Jason, and Erik I think Amanda's choice rivals them...the guys weren't winning anyway, but Amanda's choice of Parv over Cirie likely cost her $1MM.

Last edited:
Well, I think Amanda would've lost anyway if she took Cirie to the final with her instead of Parvati.
Obviously, Parvati played a great game, but I don't think she's the best Survivor ever.
The next season looks insane. I'd be scared shitless to be out in Africa where you're around so many powerful animals who could eat you.

I think Amanda might well have lost to Cirie but IMO she was guaranteed to lose to Parvati.

Jonathan not getting hurt would have made this a lot better...no way he sits back and gets picked off the way the rest of the guys did.

Yeah next season could be pretty cool, I wonder how close they'll be to the big predators?

I'm wary of next season. As I recall, because of the dangers with the animals in Season 3, the players were more or less fenced in a lot, which made it quite confining and ultimately very boring. That season is usually regarded as one of the weakest, so I hope we don't have a repeat of that this fall.

If Amanda had any chance of winning, it all went out the door when she was asked the question "if you had known about them blindsiding Ozzy, would you have told him?" I think that showed the jury right then and there that she was not a player in this game. She was just a loyal friend. And that is not what it takes to win the game of Survivor. Ozzy and James were bitter, but in the end the rest of the jury did the right thing and voted for the most strategic player. Amanda had a ton of chances to win by getting rid of Parvati or Cirie, but she didn't. Same thing happened last season when she had the chance to get rid of Todd, but didn't. She's probably been coasting on her looks and charm her whole life, but those pageant tricks don't work in the game of Survivor!

I'm gonna miss James. Why can't they have him on every season just to comment and laugh about how stupid people are?

ultravioletluvv said:
Amanda had a ton of chances to win by getting rid of Parvati or Cirie, but she didn't.

you are right

all these people that are saying keeping Parv over Cirie was Amanda's mistake are wrong

it was the council before

she should have put Cirie out then

and went to final three with Parv and Natalie,

I think she would have had her best chance against Natalie in final two

ultravioletluvv said:
I'm gonna miss James. Why can't they have him on every season just to comment and laugh about how stupid people are?

We could think of him as the show's co-host! And it won't be unfair because everyone knows he'll coast along and not make any plays before being voted out with the non-threats (8th through 6th place)!

Amanda made the right F4 vote move. Her problem was trying to play the game too late and she never would've even tried had she been able to prevent Ozzy's blindside and coast to the end with him for third place. Last night, Natalie made the most sense to get rid of. In a Final Three, Amanda's best chances were against Cirie/Parvati because they played a similar game and would split votes. Even if they were told it was a F2, it wouldn't be a killer-great move to keep Natalie around unless you went after Parvati instead of Cirie which Amanda never would've done. A F3 of Cirie/Amanda/Natalie would guarantee a F2 of Amanda/Natalie and probably a win for the pageant queen.

In other words, Amanda is too blinded by allegiances: Todd, Ozzy, Parvati, etc...and she absolutely never betrayed any of them.

Back
Top Bottom