Survivor Micronesia

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Bonochick said:
Looks like he is going to find out otherwise next week...and that it won't be as exciting of a way for him to find out as I'd hoped. I had really wanted to see him try to play it. :drool:

I stand corrected. Oh, man, that was very exciting...and hilarious!!!!!! :lmao: :heart:

beegee said:
Eliza did get one in before she left by announcing that Ozzy had the real one.

I couldn't remember - has Ozzy lied to anyone about having it?

No I don't think he did. The only time he mentioned it that I recall was telling his alliance (Amanda, James, and Parv) that he had it. I'm glad Amanda is (apparently anyway) sticking with the plan and not going along with Parv's little "Girl Power" alliance.

I don't blame Amanda for being a bit jealous as Ozzy snuggled up to Alexis....I mean, come on dude!

beegee said:
Eliza did get one in before she left by announcing that Ozzy had the real one.

I couldn't remember - has Ozzy lied to anyone about having it?
He did deny having it when someone suggested he had found it a few weeks back, I forget the exact circumstance.

But as CTU2fan said, he showed it immedialtely to his alliance of James, Amanda and Shallow (hey if Probst constantly called Jonathan "Penner", then I'll call Pavarotti by her last name, its more befitting).

That was quite entertaining and hilarious last night. Now everything could turn and Ozzy could very well be on his way out soon even if he does possess the REAL idol, not the stick :lol:

deep said:
who gets the last laugh?

Ozzy's stick trick

will most likely end his game :up:

Why? Yau Man did the same thing during his first go around. Eliza knew it was fake anyway and only used it because she knew she was gone. Eliza's biggest mistake was being unlikeable. I mean, Hell, I could even tolerate Parvati over her.

Right now, I'm rooting for James and Ozzy.

SeattleVertigo said:
As long as Parvati or Cirie don't win, I'll probably be OK with the result.

Strange, I thought we had enough boring winners already...but you want another? Amanda was bland as hell in both seasons, James is a strategic dunce who often states the obvious (or overstates the obvious so it becomes inane and ridiculous) in his southern drawl...it's Big Tom all over. And Ozzy. When he doesn't act like a smug bastard who you want to slap constantly (and not in the fireworks fashion of Rob Cesternino, Fairplay, Penner, etc...), he sits around in the background and wins challenges. Yawn.

Don't get me started on the rest of the cast. There because they know their Survivor trivia, not for their personality. If this is the best that the die hards can offer us, I say the producers go back to recruiting entire casts. At least it gave us Earl and Fairplay.

Also, sexism. Outside of Survivor Sucks, the general fans applaud the males 90% of the time and call for the females' blood.

"I can't stand Courtney/Stacy/PG/Eliza/Ami/Parvati/Cirie"

"I love James/Ozzy/Yau/Yul!"

Strange because actual drama was created with the former, very little from the latter. Or how about the non-diehards rooting for Terry's tribe in Exile Island? You're given a dream cast on the other one, yet I guess it didn't have enough muscle-y males to make people feel good about themselves...and it's never the guys that show off eccentric personas. Do you think this show would've remained the ratings juggernaut that it is without Fairplay's grandma lie? Without Richard Hatch's antics? Without nuts like Shane or Greg Buis? Puh-lease.

Last edited:
I like Cirie. I mean, I definitely want Ozzy to win but if not I hope Cirie wins. She's basically playing the same game that Ami was but doing it so subtly that it's serving her well.

I find it interesting that none of us are rooting for any of the fans to win...I found myself for the 1st time this season rooting for Jason...I hope it does not come down to all the favorites battling it out against each other...It was definately more interesting to see someone who may give Ozzy a run for his money, even though I like Ozzy....as for Cirie...I don't really want her to win...she is amusing, but she does not contribute much. I want to see someone win who is the whole package....a smart player, a popular player and one who can win the challenges...Does that player exist?:wink:

^Well I believe that player you describe IS Ozzy. I am afraid his days are numbered, however, since last week's fake idol/stick incident. Ozzy has to watch his back and step up his game, but whether he chooses to use his idol now or wait, like I said, his days are numbered. He should have just kept the real idol hidden once he found it and never decided to put his wood whittling skills to test on a stupid stick!!

Daddysgonnapay said:
....as for Cirie...I don't really want her to win...she is amusing, but she does not contribute much. I want to see someone win who is the whole package....a smart player, a popular player and one who can win the challenges...Does that player exist?:wink:

I agree, that's all I ever want in a Survivor winner. Ozzy is the leading candidate but his popularity amongst the others is on the wane. I would have had Jonathon up there too if he lasted though.

I think Ms Shallow is going to be in hot soup 'cause they foreshadowed when she made the double alliances in which Amanda did not like very much. But I'm guessing a Fan is going this week anyway......Jason is my guess.

phanan said:
I'm curious as to why you keep watching this show then. You don't seem to enjoy it at all.

I absolutely love this show, I just don't understand the casual viewers.

As for what I want out of a winner, the game is all about playing the right cards socially to move yourself up in the hierarchy. The winner is the person that did this the most successfully. I can't fathom why you wouldn't want Cirie to win if she does this to the best of her ability. Wanting Ozzy to win because he's popular and wins challenges goes against what the game's about in the first place (let me guess, you all wanted Kelly over Richard? Colby over Tina? Matt over Jenna?). Now, if Dolphin Boy can strategize his way to the end and put himself in a good enough position to win, then he certainly deserves it. But not wanting Cirie to win because she doesn't have a legion of salivating followers to the extent of Ozzy or James is just preposterous.

And Cirie doesn't contribute much? Certainly more than Ozzy. Ozzy has bland self-serving confessionals while Cirie was the biggest character of Panama: Exile Island in terms of airtime. Contributing to my entertainment value is what matters, not giving everyone else a few coconuts.

That said, Parvati is the most deserving so far gameplay-wise and looks to be the eventual winner with her separate alliances. Remove Jason, then some of the favorites, then find yourself in the end against two fans (Natalie/Alexis) with a jury featuring five favorites. Um, yeah, that's a free million. She's certainly made a turnaround from not thinking Yul had the idol or being able to comprehend why Penner made the move he did at the merge.

I actually somewhat agree with you about Parvati. Not that she'll win, because I don't think she's smooth enough to dance through the double alliance situation...but because she tried it. If she played it "straight" and stuck with Amanda and the guys that can only take her so far, and no way does she win a jury vote against either of the guys. I think it's a smart risk on her part, whether she wins or not.

Cirie on the other hand is subtly putting herself in a very good position. She's not a target at all (for now at least), and she hasn't really alienated anyone.

As for Ozzy, I like the way he plays the game. He's not out trying to dick everybody around but he still does well. Nothing wrong with that...yeah a player who goes around scumbagging everybody like Dreamz is good entertainment value, but in the end who wants somebody like that pocketing $1MM?

Daddysgonnapay said:
OK :ohmy: that was awesome
I take back everything I have said about Cirie :wink:

I was just about to post the exact same thing. She's definitely playing to win. If she does, it's well deserved at this point.

zomg. That was so exciting and :shocked: at the same time.

And yes WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!! He should have used the idol. god.

Cirieownage in action. Glad Mr. Cockypants is sniveling in loser lounge. Hope Eliza talks his ear off as she's prone to do. :lol:

Interesting point now in the game. Parvati mentioned "damage control" in the preview and she really needs to send another fan or two home before they realize that A) they have the numbers and B) they can't win against the favorites when the jury is stacked with them.

Can't wait to see Amanda crying next episode. :drool:

Back
Top Bottom