Survivor:Cook Islands

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
trevster2k said:

Ozzy is by far the greatest water competitor ever on the show.

Sometimes I wish there was a "wildcard" prize at the end, for people like Ozzy that are actually talented at surviving.

Liesje said:

Sometimes I wish there was a "wildcard" prize at the end, for people like Ozzy that are actually talented at surviving.

Yeah I agree. I'm really glad those 2 decided to mutiny because I think they would have picked Ozzy off as soon as they lost again (though Raro winning another immunity was no guarantee).

They should have an Aquaman award. I want them to bring back some eating weird food contests. People barfing is good tv. :wink:

Well, they have the viewers choice award where someone gets a car as voted on by the viewers. Although, that usually goes to the most beloved contestant, not necessarily the best.

WHAT?!? Why Jenny?!! She was pissed. I kind of am too. I don't like jonathan and I want him gone.

Now, poor Nate. It's him on an all white team. So, if they lose again, who do you think is going to go? I guess it could be Jonathan, but we'll see I guess.

Line of the show, Pavarti. After opening up the jar, she says what it said and then, "That's not fun."
hehe, loved it.

If they merge next week I am gonna be pissed. I do not want to see them going into a 5 to 4 merge. I have no cheered for a contestant/tribe this hard since season 2. Roger the goat farmer anyone?

They voted off the first person (I don't remember her name - is she Rebecca?). Once she was gone, they opened the bottle and it said that they had to vote out a second person, so that's when Jenny went.

Of course, the bottle had to be bad news. Merge? How dense can they be?

I wonder if those losers lose the next challenge, will Nate be the next to go? Will race somehow re-enter the game in their thought process as to how to go to a possible merge?

And yes, the past two episodes probably had more people leaping out of their chairs and cheering than any show in years. I know I was.

Besides whenever you see water, you know Aquaman is going to dominate.

And my God, who can you trust on Raro? They just broke up their supposed alliance of 5 in back to back votes while keeping 2 people who mutinied on their old tribes. Trust, ha! I wouldn't be surprised to see Candice give Adam the boot without breaking a sweat. Btw, she deserves exile every time, I felt no sympathy for her teary speech.

In a sense, Aitu has had an advantage by only having 4 players who have to compete. The other tribe has to rotate, thus forcing weaker players to participate in alternate challenges leading to their demise. Also, sometimes they don't all work well together since different people participate all the time.

I used to play in a softball tournament every year where instead of 9 innings and 3 outs. It was 5 innings and 10 at bats per inning by each team. The tenth batter was only out if he was caught or thrown out or if the ball was thrown to home plate after it was hit. Most teams had 12-15 players so the batting order was always different from inning to innning. We only had 10 players so our batting order was the same every inning. We had the same batters every inning with any weaknesses protected by other batters. The winning strategy was to have the tenth batter be an excellent hitter so he could clear the bases and score himself. Some teams would end up having their weakest batter as the tenth batter while our best hitter was always our tenth batter. Our only disadvantage was you could not replace any injured players but we were a pretty tight supportive team with no weak spots. Raro has a different tenth batter every winning which is why they keep losing.

Last edited:
trevster2k said:

And yes, the past two episodes probably had more people leaping out of their chairs and cheering than any show in years. I know I was.
Definitely been 2 great episodes.

Imagine if Aitu had lost immunity, they'd be down to just Yul and Michelle Kwan.

Having both challenges involve brains and memorization definitely gave Aitu an advantage, plus as mentioned, put water in the challenge and Ozzy will dominate.

Here's hoping no merge, and Aitu wins again, so they'll be 4-4.

I have a feeling that if Aitu had lost the immunity challenge, we could have been looking at a merge, since then they would have 2 people left.

I could see the directors of the show thinking this, merge soon if Aitu lost or let's try to make this thing even up a little bit if Raro lost. Obviously Raro lost, which makes things a little different. :)

I bet we see Nate making some moves here soon.

trevster2k said:
Trust, ha! I wouldn't be surprised to see Candice give Adam the boot without breaking a sweat. Btw, she deserves exile every time, I felt no sympathy for her teary speech.

Well, I don't see that happening. She and Adam are the new Rob and Amber.

I went to record the show last night because I wasn't able to watch it until later, and in the description, it said two members got voted off. That pretty much tipped me off as to what the bottle was about.

This has been far and away the best season in a long, long time (at least so far).

phanan said:

Well, I don't see that happening. She and Adam are the new Rob and Amber.

Well, I wouldn't go that far. :wink:

As much as I hate Rob and Amber, they were tough and manipulative competitors. Candice and Adam have yet to impress me with their gameplay, so far they are barely average competitors.

Back
Top Bottom