Survivor All-Stars

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Boston Rob has emerged as the dominant player in the game to date...built a pretty good shelter and almost singlehandedly won that challenge last night. I like his approach and attitude, of course being so out front usually results in a bullseye on one's back(never on the chest, it always comes from behind) in this game. Loved watching him take Colby down.
As for Sue Hawk...whatever she pops off about next week, please let it result in her exit from the show.
Hatch should have known he was a target, but he took it well. At least there'll be no more of his nudity...at least until the reunion.

~LadyLemon~ said:
I'm kind of bummed about Hatch being gone :reject:

He used to annoy me to no end, but then I started to love him.

:yes: I thought it was just me! Much as I wanted to hate him, he was smart and kept making me laugh, and he's a damn good player. I didn't want him to win again (although if he had, it would be because he really deserved it), but I liked having him around. He kept it interesting.

i guess i have to pull for that rob guy now or maybe one of the deserving women

ethan:down:
colby:down:

weak players

hatch:up: he is the player most responsible for the success of this franchise

much like evil Will of Big Brother:yes:

Re: i guess i have to pull for that rob guy now or maybe one of the deserving women

deep said:
ethan:down:
colby:down:

weak players

hatch:up: he is the player most responsible for the success of this franchise

much like evil Will of Big Brother:yes:
we agree on something!:wink:

I cant believe Hatch went, I know he was playing the game, but I like him, I must say that I was quite suprised to see all of the tribe gang up on him like that and I personally think that it might of been a silly move, he was quite a strong force and intimidating to the other tribes and not to mention good at catching a fish. Anywa they are still my favourite tribe. I cant stand Boston Rob and I am glad that us here in Australia are getting the show at the same time as you guys in America, at least that way I cant be tempted with spoilers.....

I personally think it was wrong of Sue to quit. I understand her feeling upset and violated by all this, but she's there to play the game, above all else. And..I guess after 16 days, no family, no close friends/social supports, minimal food, tons of time...your mind does things and you probably break down mentally, as well as physically. It's just frustrating to see a player quit.

The second thing I do want to bring up is how much I detest Shii Ann. She's playing the exact game I hate--under the radar--and I'm happy Colby brought it up. It's sickening, really, to see her nod her head in agreement to EVERY SINGLE PLAYER THAT TALKS TO HER. Get a mind of your own, honey.

ANd what kills me is that she'll make it far. Further than, say, Alicia, who deserves to be there and seems to be getting ousted by her tribe. Rob has ALL the power, and I can't, for the life of me, truly understand why.

Well this 'all star' cast doesnt seem very all starry to me :|

A naked gay guy that never wears clothes and shakes his thing against other tribe members and 2 members that left of their own will.

wtf

:|

yeah this week sucked. :yawn:

Why would Sue leave? I can't imagine just quiting like that. I can understand her not wanting to say anything right away when the situation happened. I had a situation at work today where someone said something really offensive to me but I didn't do anything about it. Then after I got home and thought about it I realized that I should have spoke up because it's really bothering me now. So I can understand that Sue had time to think about the situation. There wasn't really anything they could have done about it. Richard was voted off. Maybe if he was still around it would be different but he wasn't.

I'm glad Sue left...I never did like her.

But I still wish Hatch was still around, gotta love to hate that guy don't you? Still pulling for Rupert though.

I hate to sound insensitive, but I think Sue was overreacting, and possibly playing the situation up for a potential lawsuit.
Obviously being isolated out there will make you react differently than in a normal situation.
And I think she laid into Probst a bit too much, what happened wasn't his fault, he's just the friggin' host.
I am glad she's gone, she annoys the hell out of me, but I would rather she had been voted off.
33% of all departures so far are quitters, like Sicy said...not very "All Star" indeed.

Hewson said:

I hate to sound insensitive, but I think Sue was overreacting, and possibly playing the situation up for a potential lawsuit.

I am glad she's gone, she annoys the hell out of me, but I would rather she had been voted off.

33% of all departures so far are quitters, like Sicy said...not very "All Star" indeed.

agreed

Yeah, Sue did ovvereact. I cant believe that in the history of this game they have had tribal council every week and now all-stars comes around and twice they dont get a torch snuffed. Crazy....

Hewson said:

i totally agree.

it was the first thing i said when she started acting dramatic over it. she has a golden opportunity here. after all, the whole world saw her being "sexually violated." and to top it off she can say she was so traumatized that she was "forced" to give up her chance at winning a million dollars. lawyers would jump at the publicity. hell, she can even try to sue the producers of the show.

at first, she was on camera talking and laughing about it as if it were nothing, then suddenly she's laying on the beach, sobbing over it, practically having a nervous breakdown. give me a break.

she'll probably end up with more money than whoever wins. :|

You ask and you shall recieve, from todays early show...

Harry Smith: For the 2nd time this season there was no tribal council on Survivor: All Stars. The tough talking Sue Hawk decided she'd had enough after a run in with Richard Hatch.
<Video clip of a Sue confessional and reward challenge rant>

HS: Sue Hawk and Richard Hatch are here. Sue, I watched the show 2 weeks ago and it seemed like a momentary confrontation. It happened in 2 seconds. You got back to the camp. What was going through your mind.
Sue: That evening when I had time to be by myself I had time to relive the incident. It kept eating at me more and more like a cancer.

HS: Do you still feel that way now?
Sue: It's been a long time since that. Me and Richard have had time to sit down and talk about the incident. We both have different perspectives on it. We agreed to move forward and past it. Of course the viewing audience won't, they just saw it.

HS: What do you want to say to him?
Sue: You know, I can understand your feelings that you like to be naked, you're not uncomfortable with it but sometimes you need to take other people's perspectives on what's going on.

HS: You're downplaying it now but last night this was on the edge of...
Sue: That was at the moment. Fresh off the plate. When it was still hot. I'm adult you have to work through things like that in life. You can't shut them out at the moment but you grow from it.

HS: Do you think because you were out there, you were tired, hungry, did the physical deprivations play into your emotional response.
Sue: I wasn't thirsty and we had alot of food there. I was in really good shape physically and mentally. It was actually easier this time around.

HS: To clear the air, you need to tell him for the record for the audience what you felt when whatever happened, happened.
Sue: Feeling Richard naked next to you is not a food feeling, that's all.

HS: It looked like it had a devastating effect on you?
Sue: Well yeah, any sensible, I don't want to brush up against naked people.

Rich: We have a perspective of Sue Hawk as super tough, and I learned something. She's a sensitive person. It started to really, really get to her. It was emotional.

HS: We asked you about this last week and from your perspective it was no big deal. Let's look at the tape. You made the decision not to go this way.
Sue: I wanted the shortest route.

HS: There's about a 3 second... did Richard literally come closer to you than you felt necessary?
Sue: Yeah at the time, correct.

HS: When you were doing it what did you think?
Rich: Clueless. Those two beams are equal distance. From her perspective she wanted the shorter route. I don't know why she turned around.

Sue: I don't know what Jeff told your team but he told us "you must leave on this board, you must enter back on that board" and you can see that people are doing that.

HS: You guys know each other. you had played this game together before. You didn't know she would respond the way she responded? As you said you were naked all through the first show and all through this one.
Sue: But he kept his distance. You don't plan on...I've been stable and married with the same person for 18 years. It just offended me.

HS: Before they were all stars, Richard Hatch and sue Hawk were members of Survivor's original alliance. If not for a memorable plea from Sue, Richard might have never won.
<video clip of Sue's Survivor Borneo snake/rat speech>

Harry: Wow it feels like yesterday. I just want to clear the air of a couple of things. After this happened on the island, you two talked?
Sue: Yeah.

HS: What did you express to Richard that you needed to clear the air?
Sue: That I did not appreciate an intentional move against me with his private area that upset me so much. That it was uncalled for and it bothered me.
Richard: Harry, and I got to say to her, that I didn't appreciate, what from my perspective was her taunting me.

HS: So it takes two to tango. Do you want to apologize?
Rich: Sue and I have worked it out. We see it from 2 different perspectives. It's not about apologizing. I'm so sorry she feels this way. That it's so emotional for her. I do feel for her very, very much.

Harry: It's clear to me, I'm just looking at your body language...you'd rather not be sitting within 6 inches of Rich.
Sue: A lesson is learned. I have to keep my distance from Rich. It's human nature.

Harry: I'm watching last night. I said, she's gonna sue you, sue the show, she's gonna sue CBS.

Sue: I did consider a lawsuit when this first occurred. And I decided I needed to not do something on that move. That's emotionally draining also. CBS and Mark Burnett have been real nice about helping to deal with the situation.

Harry: So the water is not exactly tranquil but there is some peace?
Sue: Ride-able, you can drive a boat on it.

HS: What was also interesting last night was the response of your tribe mates. You got alot of empathy from the women at least initially.
Sue: I didn't watch the show. I don't want to go back there.

HS: So you didn't see Big Tom's dance? This is his reaction from you leaving the show.
Sue: Well I can see that coming from Big Tom.

HS: They're singing the witch is dead.
Sue: Kewl. Tom did that dance all the time for TV. I'm glad to see that he finally got it on. It probably was good for him because it probably gave him a chance to go finish that bottle of whiskey that he'd been getting the shakes over every time he seen it. He loves that stuff. He definitely loves that stuff. It's up on his priority list.

HS: Do you feel you got a lot of support?
Sue: Those people, you don't expect support. You really don't ask for it. Because it's a game. You are on your own.

HS: The second you were gone, it was "how do we move on".
Sue: That is understandable because that is part of the game.
Rich: There's alot at stake in Survivor. While you're playing the game, you ARE playing a game. Sometimes you forget, there are people involved.

HS: That sure came into play last night. You guys are good. Thank you both.

I just saw the episode last night, and yeah I gotta admit that I thought that Sue was over acting, but then again I dont blame her for leaving, I would hate to be in that Tribe, personally I find Boston Rob to be such an arsehole, up-himself wanker- its 'his game' and 'his girls', I cant stand him and I cant wait for the day he gets voted off, still even to this day he still looks to me as if he should be haging out the front of a playzone in a shopping centre, rather than playing Survivor and I cant stand Alicia either, in fact nearly all of that tribe pisses me off, except for Rupert. Its gonna get interesting from here on in:wink:

Back
Top Bottom