Survivor All-Stars - Page 16 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-15-2004, 12:52 PM   #226
fah
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:56 AM
Rob and Amber are still together....I read it in People magazine so it must be true

Old 04-15-2004, 12:56 PM   #227
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by The_Sweetest_Thing

But lex is using the "friendship" thing as his basis. In a few of his post-game interviews, he's mentioned that he no longer speaks to Boston Rob because he 'went against their friendship.' Essentially, Lex did the same thing to Ethan, regardless of pact or no pact.
Hello then Swedish Thing. I still see it as a little different. Lex said nothing to Ethan about keeping him protected or doing him any favors. He does mention the friendship thing too much, but thats not why he was initially angry with Rob. It was more because Rob specifically lied. Anyway, tonight should be a good one, i wont say who headed home....

Old 04-15-2004, 03:29 PM   #228
I Serve Larry's Stick

Quote:
Originally posted by Elvis Presley

Yeah, well, he may be a snake and may have voted out my man Lex, but hes playing a good game. Winning immunities and running the show while the others follow him like sheep.
Oh there's no doubt about that--he's got everyone (almost) by the balls. But listening to him talk makes me want to stab my eyes out with a pen.
Old 04-15-2004, 06:20 PM   #229
Refugee

Local Time: 02:56 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by The_Sweetest_Thing

But lex is using the "friendship" thing as his basis. In a few of his post-game interviews, he's mentioned that he no longer speaks to Boston Rob because he 'went against their friendship.' Essentially, Lex did the same thing to Ethan, regardless of pact or no pact.
I think the different thing here is that Rob did in fact lie to Lex. I guess that at the Tribal council when it was down to either Jerri or Ambah, Lex knew that had the vote gone the way of Ambah, that he would of indeed been the first to go once a merge happened, Rob would of been mighty pissed off, so thinking he would of been safe for a little bit longer he went with the alternative, and an alternative that he had been assured would pay out for him and good ol Rob went against that, so I guess in retrospect Lex was screwed whether Ambah stayed or not. Where as with Ethan things were a little more up-front and Lex did keep his end of the bargain and was honest with him. By the same token Rob was honest with Lex, but he could of done a lot more to keep him in the game.

So now I am guessing that Rob is going to move to get all of the men out of the game quickly as they are probably his greatest threat when it comes to physical challenges and then he will have a nice little harem of women at his mercy.....

Come on Rupert, Big Tom and Kathy- grow spines and get him ousted, before it is too late
Old 04-16-2004, 09:07 AM   #230
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Too late for Kathy, cant say im surprised. Rob and Big Toms relationship seems rocky now though....
Old 04-16-2004, 11:14 AM   #231
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 10:56 AM
Normal

Quote:
Originally posted by ~LadyLemon~

Oh there's no doubt about that--he's got everyone (almost) by the balls. But listening to him talk makes me want to stab my eyes out with a pen.

He sounds like Elmer Fudd.
Old 04-16-2004, 11:25 AM   #232
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:56 AM
I don't get why everyone hates Rob. I think he's clearly the best player. I agree with Sicy that Rob did to Lex what Lex did to Ethan and although I really liked Lex I think he needs to get over it. Everyone's out to win and everyone knows these so-called alliances can be flimsy, that's just part of the game, and to be surprised and hurt that someone turned on their alliance is to not really get the game. You can argue ethics and friendship and all that, but in the end, it's a game and it's about winning a million dollars and most Survivor players have always put the game before friendships. I'm not saying that's how I would play it but that's how the smart players play. It's a given.
Old 04-16-2004, 01:31 PM   #233
fah
Blue Crack Addict

I think Boston Rob is the best player but if he loses immunity he's gone. I wouldn't be surprised at all if some players conspired to help him lose an immunity challenge so that he could be voted off.

Be careful Boston Rob.
Old 04-16-2004, 01:54 PM   #234
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by joyfulgirl
I don't get why everyone hates Rob. I think he's clearly the best player. I agree with Sicy that Rob did to Lex what Lex did to Ethan and although I really liked Lex I think he needs to get over it. Everyone's out to win and everyone knows these so-called alliances can be flimsy, that's just part of the game, and to be surprised and hurt that someone turned on their alliance is to not really get the game. You can argue ethics and friendship and all that, but in the end, it's a game and it's about winning a million dollars and most Survivor players have always put the game before friendships. I'm not saying that's how I would play it but that's how the smart players play. It's a given.
Exactly.

Now, who do I want to win? *sigh* Can I choose no one?
Old 04-16-2004, 02:51 PM   #235
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Rob's arrogance is what grates me...so if he wins, that just means he had every right to be arrogant, and I don't want that.

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Old 04-16-2004, 02:54 PM   #236
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:56 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by fah
I think Boston Rob is the best player but if he loses immunity he's gone.
Yep, I think that's true as well.

Quote:
Originally posted by Sicy
Now, who do I want to win? *sigh* Can I choose no one?
I tend to go for the best players over the person I like most. So I'd like to see Rob or Rupert win, probably Rupert more than Rob (after seeing the family video, I'm such a sucker...), because I think they're the best players. But I actually sorta like everybody at the moment.
Old 04-16-2004, 04:20 PM   #237
Blue Crack Addict

When they brought out the puzzle I figured it was finally something Rob could be beaten at...guess not. I figured Shit Ann would do well at that for some reason. As I've said before...he is dominating this game in every facet.
As for his arrogance...lets not forget that this show (and its just that, a TV show) is very cleverly edited to present players in a certain light. The producers always want some kind of villain or controversial type figure to keep viewers watching...if 40% love him and 60% hate him, thats 100% who are paying attention to him, so we only see the things they want us to see when he is talking to the cameras.
I still hope he wins, though I don't know if he would get a jury vote or not, he has ruffled some feathers along the way.
Old 04-19-2004, 04:28 AM   #238
Refugee

Local Time: 02:56 AM
interesting, so Kathy is gone now, that must make Shi Ann the remaining Mogo Mogo member, I guess she will be up next.....but the thing that I like about this game is the way the jury thing is set up, I am guessing that Rob just might make it into the final two, but it will be interesing to see who would vote for him, as he has already stepped onto the toes of the first two jury members. Lets just hope that Ambah dosnt make it there, as she would of only made it there because of Rob's game playing......

Now once again, I just dont get it, when are the members of the old Chapera going to break the alliance and start stabbing the knife intot he Rob and Ambah team??
Old 04-22-2004, 01:26 PM   #239
Blue Crack Addict

Interesting article on Boston Rob from today's Boston Herald:
http://theedge.bostonherald.com/tvNe...?articleid=545
Old 04-22-2004, 04:42 PM   #240
fah
Blue Crack Addict

Good article