Survivor 15 : China

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yessssssssssssssssssssss :hi5: We were just talking at work today about what crappy programming is on TV and we miss the shows that had us talking constantly about them!

Very much looking foward to the new season!

However, I must say I'm a bit disappointed by the return to tokenism on Survivor. I really did enjoy the diversity of the last two seasons and I don't think it hurt them at all ratings-wise.

With only one and a half Asians on this season (the irony that it's filmed in China is not lost on me), I'm betting by next season we'll have seen them disappear altogether (at least for the next five seasons, after which we might get one).

Which only increases the liklihood that jokes like "pork flied lice" will continue to have traction in our culture. :|

A WWE diva is among the contestants? Wha? She is a semi-celebrity.

I agree with Sean, I don't appreciate the "pork flied lice" remarks either. I grew up living with ignorant comments like that my whole life and thought intelligent people were beyond stereotyping. Guess I was wrong. :|

intedomine said:
Will it be on in Australia though?

Yep - Channel Ten have it scheduled for October though. No idea what time - but snce it's the first season Ten will show under their new deal with CBS I am hoping for a good timeslot. If 'Top MOdel' can get Sunday evening, 'Survivor' better get a good midweek prime time slot!

Tonight's the night! Another season of fun! WWE Diva, Ashley Massero will be one of the contestants. She'll be representing my neck of the woods, Long Island, NY.

RedrocksU2 said:
I love this show.

Did you guys ever see the SNL skit where Jeff impersonates Bono?:lol:

I haven't seen this but would have loved to... :lol:

I always thought Jeff looks like Bono... :hmm:

Looking forward to the new season!! :drool:

MrPryck2U said:
Tonight's the night! Another season of fun! WWE Diva, Ashley Massero will be one of the contestants. She'll be representing my neck of the woods, Long Island, NY.
I've got the lunch lady representing my area, she grew up next town over. Yay.:slant:

No important info till west cost has watched, but a few observations:

James is f'in huge.
Chicken is really Big Tom trying for a 2nd time, I'm sure of it.
The wrestler may have had implants.

Just when I thought the names didn't get any weirder than "Dreamz" and "Boo", good ole Survivor gives us Frosti and Chicken????

lmao!

Big fake boob girl should have gone home. She DID do the least amount of work. I think Chicken should have stayed a while. He has the 'outdoors' knowledge. Oh well.

subservient_chicken.jpg

:sad:

Sicy said:
lmao!

Big fake boob girl should have gone home. She DID do the least amount of work. I think Chicken should have stayed a while. He has the 'outdoors' knowledge. Oh well.
Szechuan Spiced Chicken should have shared his outdoors knowledge, then the others might have wanted him around for a bit.

Back
Top Bottom