Survivor 15 : China - Page 24 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-19-2007, 06:27 AM   #346
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:45 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by maycocksean
If you think someone is a liar, a cheat, a manipulator and backstabber (as Amanda clearly thought Todd was) do NOT take him to the finals with you. You will lose. Every time.
Tell that to Chris and Danni as they cash their $1 Million checks.

Denise is a pathetic human being. She's had that mullet for ages, so it has nothing to do with the job. She consistently whined that she deserved the money more than anyone else and then pulled a sham on us that led to a public apology on the early show. Without a doubt, the most disgusting and reprehensible piece of trash they've ever had on this show. She DOES suck at life!

Not sure what provided more comedic value...Denise insisting that she'd have won in a landslide or Sherea moaning that she'd have gone on to dominate the individual challenges.

Loved Courtney the most. Brilliant character unlike any other yet. Of course, she'd never seen the show as I doubt any fan would ever act so negatively to everything. I can't blame her...she really had no idea what she was in for, but it's not like anyone would pass down a shot at $1 Million.

Weird that some of you found this season boring while the hardcore fans over at Sucks (such as myself) absolutely loved it. A great cast with hardly any wasted space (here's looking at you, Erik!)....seems the general public responds better to shallower seasons like Palau or Cook Islands that are heavy on challenge footage and low on dramatic heft while the brilliant casts of China/Panama got roasted by the bulk of viewers. Also, the ubernerds are more likely to enjoy characters like Courtney or PG than the casual viewer who prefers the bulky male challenge winner (ColbyOzzyTomJames) and has no love for people like Shane or Judd that actually make things entertaining.

Old 12-19-2007, 07:01 AM   #347
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by BigMacPhisto

Tell that to Chris and Danni as they cash their $1 Million checks.

You're serious? In my mind Chris is one of the devils who won. And while Stephanie might have backstabbed along the way I wouldn't say she did so to the extent that she was KNOWN for that in the way that say Richard Hatch or Todd were. I contend my theory is still sound.

Quote:
Originally posted by BigMacPhisto
Weird that some of you found this season boring while the hardcore fans over at Sucks (such as myself) absolutely loved it. A great cast with hardly any wasted space (here's looking at you, Erik!)....seems the general public responds better to shallower seasons like Palau or Cook Islands that are heavy on challenge footage and low on dramatic heft while the brilliant casts of China/Panama got roasted by the bulk of viewers. Also, the ubernerds are more likely to enjoy characters like Courtney or PG than the casual viewer who prefers the bulky male challenge winner (ColbyOzzyTomJames) and has no love for people like Shane or Judd that actually make things entertaining.
Well, "true" Survivor fans come in all kinds of varieties. I consider myself a hardcore fan--seen every season since the beginning and even tried out for the show myself and so on but I generally disagree with your conclusions about what constitutes an entertaining player or entertaining season for that matter. I'm not going to question the authenticity of your "hardcore fandom" but I AM going to reject your litmus test for what makes for a "real" fan as opposed to a "shallow" general public viewer (I mean, "bulky male challenge winner?"--some of us also like the hot female challenge winner like Danni, Steph, Jenna, Amber )

Reminds me of those debates over in EYKIW over what constitutes a "real" U2 fan.

Old 12-19-2007, 05:28 PM   #348
Refugee

Local Time: 02:45 PM
So, now Denise is giving the 50K to charity. How embarassed she must be. She should have just kept her trap shut and she would be a local hero. Now, she's probably blown her chance for any future Survivor projects and she'll be talked about in her town for a long time. Stupid, stupid.
Old 12-19-2007, 06:27 PM   #349
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 01:45 PM
How cool would that be if one of us were on Survivor
Old 12-19-2007, 07:52 PM   #350
Refugee

^^I need to marry an American to go on the show

Quote:
Originally posted by maycocksean

You're serious? In my mind Chris is one of the devils who won. And while Stephanie might have backstabbed along the way I wouldn't say she did so to the extent that she was KNOWN for that in the way that say Richard Hatch or Todd were. I contend my theory is still sound.

Well, "true" Survivor fans come in all kinds of varieties. I consider myself a hardcore fan--seen every season since the beginning and even tried out for the show myself and so on but I generally disagree with your conclusions about what constitutes an entertaining player or entertaining season for that matter. I'm not going to question the authenticity of your "hardcore fandom" but I AM going to reject your litmus test for what makes for a "real" fan as opposed to a "shallow" general public viewer (I mean, "bulky male challenge winner?"--some of us also like the hot female challenge winner like Danni, Steph, Jenna, Amber )

Reminds me of those debates over in EYKIW over what constitutes a "real" U2 fan.

My sentiments exactly maycocksean.
Old 12-19-2007, 07:54 PM   #351
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Rumor has it that Todd was actually a prominent poster on Survivor Sucks....if he happens to be the one everyone is mentioning, then I can personally say that he's a lot meaner in the online world.

Concerning characters and the show as a whole, I think the public (and perhaps the editors on this show) can be very sexist. If Courtney calls everyone on her tribe idiots, she's a bitch. If James does it, he's funny. Cirie can play the best game throughout Panama and everyone will call the strategically clueless Terry the best player because he won a billion challenges. Oddly enough, the one time a recent fan favorite was a female, it was a super-delusional crybaby (Stephenie)...I dunno, I just feel that 90% of the people watching the show aren't seeing the same thing I am. I mean, if you're going to list your favorite females as the personality-less Amber and Danni...I don't totally blame the viewers though, and I know that plenty of the sensible ones were rooting for Amanda so perhaps its more the fact that editing hasn't been gender neutral as of late, practically silencing the females in Cook Islands/Fiji.

And I don't see how anyone could support Denise over Courtney in the end. Courtney, like her or not, was an actual character and had some semblance of strategy and social gameplay....Denise made no friends, made no moves to get her further, and whined more than anyone else that she deserved the money. More importantly, she was boring, and after sitting through Danni, Yul, and Aras (most of the time), I don't see why anyone would want her to have the check. And que surprise! She turned out to be the biggest scumbag of all.

So yeah, PG deserved the $100 K more than anyone there. Best player aside from Todd and fascinating to watch. James just reiterated the same comments with his nearly illiterate confessionals and sat around clueless to the backstage shenanigans. Ah well, at least someone else will be earning the $100 K next season.....

....watch Eliza go to the final three days and lose while the useless Yau-Man is eliminated day three and earns the $100 K fan check. *sigh*
Old 12-19-2007, 08:10 PM   #352
Refugee

Yau-Man
Old 12-19-2007, 10:19 PM   #353
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Quote:
Originally posted by Sicy
How cool would that be if one of us were on Survivor
Oh that would be SO majorly cool! Who should we nominate to talk into it?
Old 12-19-2007, 10:48 PM   #354
New Yorker

Local Time: 05:45 PM
any word from Survivor about Denise-gate?
Old 12-19-2007, 11:17 PM   #355
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Carek1230

Oh that would be SO majorly cool! Who should we nominate to talk into it?
How about Carlos?
Old 12-19-2007, 11:40 PM   #356
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Quote:
Originally posted by Daddysgonnapay
She can keep the money, but she has to promise to lose the mullet.
Old 12-20-2007, 08:49 AM   #357
New Yorker

Local Time: 05:45 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by randhail

She can keep the money, but she has to promise to lose the mullet.
Old 12-20-2007, 09:03 AM   #358
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by Daddysgonnapay
She's donating the money to AIDS research and has apologized for her unintentionally misleading statements in regard to her current employment.
Old 12-20-2007, 04:10 PM   #359
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Hahahahah she's having to donate the money. I bet her family is pissed at her about that! Open mullet=headed mouth and insert foot! That'll teach her about being greedy.
Old 12-20-2007, 05:17 PM   #360
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by RavenBlue

How about Carlos?
I actually made a video.

Stay tuned.

*waitsforJeff'scall*