Survivor 15 : China - Page 22 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 12-17-2007, 02:57 PM   #316
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 01:54 AM
Yeah I guess I'm just a wuss too because I kind of felt bad for her. $7.00 with kids cant possibly be fun.

and I guess only top 3 pay? (survivor). Well it doesnt matter now that she has $50k

Old 12-17-2007, 03:06 PM   #317
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:54 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by ultravioletluvv
^^ Totally. Denise begging for a job on national TV was enough. Mark Burnett giving her $50,000 is totally unnecessary.
The dude set up a way to give Rupert a free million after all stars cause he was too pathetic to win, so 50K is nothing.

Old 12-17-2007, 03:09 PM   #318
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Sicy
Yeah I guess I'm just a wuss too because I kind of felt bad for her. $7.00 with kids cant possibly be fun.

and I guess only top 3 pay? (survivor). Well it doesnt matter now that she has $50k
I recall an article after the first season that all "contestants" got paid, and it was more the further you went...1 mil for 1st, 100K for 2nd, then I think 75K for 3rd and down to like 5K for the Chicken position. Don't know if that has changed since though.

I'm sure her husband works so they aren't living off of $280 a week, but at the same point I assume he doesn't make major coin if she needs a $7/hour job.
The extra 50K will be like 3.5 years salary at 7 bucks an hour...should help quite a bit.
Old 12-17-2007, 05:43 PM   #319
New Yorker

Local Time: 05:54 AM
Just now getting around to viewing everyones thoughts on last night.....I knew as soon as the questions started at tribal that Todd would win...he was the best at answering the questions...Amanda fucked herself by telling Denise she would not write her name down at tribal...why would she say such a thing??? dumb....and I said a long time ago she should have ousted Todd, while she still had pg and erik...so ...Todd was the deserved winner truly...although I did not care for him throughout...Amanda looked MUCH cuter in the wild...the bangs were definately NOT working for her....Courtney looked like she put some meat on her bones thank god, I , too, was hoping the miscarriage thing would be brought up simply to see Courtney acting that little scene mocking Todd again...that cracked me up...and the James story of how the women at the funeral recognized him from the show was so cute
Old 12-17-2007, 05:45 PM   #320
New Yorker

oh...and PG during the questions addressing Amanda..."Quit looking at us with those big doe eyes and answer the questions honestly" or something to that affect......hahaha I LOVED that!
Old 12-17-2007, 05:47 PM   #321
Refugee

Local Time: 02:54 AM
^^ I know, i loved that too! I was getting sick of her stupid doe eyes too. She seemed like she was over-acting.
Old 12-17-2007, 07:46 PM   #322
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Another thing I forgot to mention. Anyone else notice that Courtney never denied having an eating disorder when Jeff asked her about her weight?
She just said her brother and father are thin too and that she always gets harrassed about it.
Old 12-17-2007, 07:52 PM   #323
New Yorker

but she did not look super thin last night at the reunion show...don't you think? sorry, I didn't like her hair either last night...i liked the little pigtails she wore while competing
Old 12-17-2007, 08:34 PM   #324
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Jeff said she weighed more last nite than she did when she started the game.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:12 PM   #325
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Ugh. . .the worst possible outcome. . .

I haven't seen it yet, haven't had time to watch the finale on youtube but I saw an article in the newspaper.

Not yet having seen the finale, here my intial thoughts.

Amanda deserved to lose for one simple decision. Bringing TODD to the f'ing finale with her! I think she would have had a much better shot at winning if Todd had been sitting on the jury instead of Denise. I don't see Denise, a lackluster player all along, suddenly wowing the jury with her eloquent arguments about why she's played the game the best. And I bet you can't name one person who ever won Survivor with the pity vote. Amanda should have known that.

The next Survivor is going to be in Micronesia? Cool!!! That's where I live! I wonder which island it will actually be on. Is it the Federated States of Micronesia (which could be the islands of Kosrae, Pohnpei, Chuuk or Yap) or is it the entire region of Micronesia (covers an area about the size of the continental United States) which could include anywhere from the Marshall Islands to the Marianas (where I live) to a return Palau.

The sad irony is that even if it were filmed right here in Saipan I'd still have to wait for it to finish taping and then be a week behind on each episode every week.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:49 PM   #326
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Bonochick
If they didn't address the miscarriage, my guess would be that it was probably true. That might have been confirmed/discussed beforehand. Yeah, they still could have mentioned it, if that was the case...but it's probably nicer to just not bring up a sensitive issue like that.
The miscarriage was indeed real, according to this article:

http://www.sltrib.com/Entertainment/ci_7744577

Excerpt:
Quote:
One unintended consequence of being on the show was announcing to the world in one episode - unintentionally - that Herzog's 17-year-old sister has suffered miscarriage. Other contestants heard that news as Brandy greeted her brother. The producers then made a point of it in the episode.
*** "That is the one thing that Todd did tell us that he was afraid would [come out]," said Todd's father, Glen Herzog, who added that his daughter is fine. "It's still been a little hard to prepare for it."
*** "It's taught us a lot," he added. "It just makes you realize that you're human and everybody has weaknesses and problems."
*** "I felt Todd should know about it because he was in the jungle," Brandy Herzog said about why she told her brother the news while in China. "It was hard at first, but we're getting past it.
Old 12-17-2007, 10:33 PM   #327
Refugee

Oh Denise..

http://www.douglas.k12.ma.us/

Press Release: Mrs. Denise Martin
December 17, 2007
Douglas Public Schools

On the “Survivor China” television program that aired on December 16, 2007, Mrs. Denise Martin, an employee of the Douglas Public Schools, stated that she was demoted from her position as a cafeteria worker upon her return from taping the show. This statement is false. In fact, Mrs. Martin held a full-time position as a custodian prior to her participation in the series, and she returned to this same position upon her return from China. Mrs. Martin was granted - at her request - an unpaid leave of absence so that she could participate in the “Survivor” program. We were pleased and excited to support Denise, and have enthusiastically cheered her on throughout the duration of the show.

Although Mrs. Martin was a cafeteria employee prior to her selection as a contestant, she asked to be considered for a promotion to full-time custodian, and was promoted to this position on March 30, 2007. This promotion came with additional benefits and a higher salary. Following her leave, she then returned to this same position.

Regretfully, the Douglas Public School District was inaccurately portrayed as failing to be accommodating to an employee during what the District viewed as a “once-in-a-lifetime” opportunity. This is far from the case. On the contrary, we granted all requests made by Mrs. Martin so that she could participate in the “Survivor” series. Since Mrs. Martin was on an approved leave, her position was held open for her, and she returned to this same position upon her return from China. As a District, we make every effort to support our employees, and will continue to do so.

Nancy T. Lane
Superintendent of Schools
Old 12-17-2007, 10:38 PM   #328
New Yorker

so much for being honest!!! wonder about the 50k now!!
Old 12-17-2007, 10:48 PM   #329
Refugee

I doubt they'll take the $$ back. It's good press for them. But this doesn't really surprise me. I also read somewhere that Denise has her own karate studio. So, there's no way she can be as bad off as she's making it seem. Besides, even if everything she said was true, she has all of her arms and legs, a husband and family that love her, and now she's famous. Her life aint that bad if you ask me.
Old 12-18-2007, 04:14 AM   #330
War Child

Local Time: 09:54 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by maycocksean
The next Survivor is going to be in Micronesia? Cool!!! That's where I live! I wonder which island it will actually be on. Is it the Federated States of Micronesia (which could be the islands of Kosrae, Pohnpei, Chuuk or Yap) or is it the entire region of Micronesia (covers an area about the size of the continental United States) which could include anywhere from the Marshall Islands to the Marianas (where I live) to a return Palau.
The new series has aparently wrapped filming and was shot on location in Palau - same place as the previous Palau series.

I was hoping Courtney would win. Such a nasty piece of work - I love her!