Survivor 14 - Fiji

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Kentucky Joe could not swim either...and he had to jump off a cliff...his other team mates came back to help him complete the swim

The game changed up a lot when they said they were taking 3 to the finals instead of just two.

All this hating on Dreams is really stupid.

Yao played a pretty good game, but took himself out by not being smart enough to get Dreams aside after Dreams won immunity.

All Yao had to do was promise Dreams he would vote for Casandra and Dreams may have given him the idol.

or at the least
get Dreams to vote for Casandra by telling him that was a second way he could keep his promise and get to the fianl three

Yao was smart, but not smart enough

bonosgirl84 said:
Halfway through last night's jury questions I was like, wait a minute, how did she even GET there?

Me too. She should have been gone longgggggggg ago.

I'm glad Earl won :up:

deep said:

see my last post

if Yao played it right

it could have been

Earl, Dreams, and Yao

I considered that too, but don't think it could have played out that way. Yao could have appealed to Dreamz' sense of honour and integrity (what honour and integrity? yeah, I know...) and perhaps set up the final three to be the two of them, plus Earl. But, the thing is, I think they ALL knew that if Yao was there, they didn't have a hope in hell of winning the million. I think all of us viewers knew that of the final 3, only Earl had a shot, but given Dreamz' delusional tendencies, I'm sure he probably thought that with Yao out of the way, at least he'd have a better chance than with Yao still in it. Earl knew, and that's why he turned on Yao when the opportunity presented itself.

VintagePunk said:

I considered that too, but don't think it could have played out that way. Yao could have appealed to Dreamz' sense of honour and integrity (what honour and integrity? yeah, I know...) and perhaps set up the final three to be the two of them, plus Earl. But, the thing is, I think they ALL knew that if Yao was there, they didn't have a hope in hell of winning the million. I think all of us viewers knew that of the final 3, only Earl had a shot, but given Dreamz' delusional tendencies, I'm sure he probably thought that with Yao out of the way, at least he'd have a better chance than with Yao still in it. Earl knew, and that's why he turned on Yao when the opportunity presented itself.

I hear what you are saying

but Dreamz did seem a bit torn

it would have been a good shot for Yao to take
I think there is a good chance Dreamz
may have made the deal

Why does Earl get the pass for riding on Yao's strategy and stabbing him in the back at the first opportunity?

If Earl won the immunity would he have given the idol to Yau?

deep said:

If Earl won the immunity would he have given the idol to Yau?

I think he would have. It seemed like he really wanted to stick with Yau as long as possible and be loyal to him. However, when it came down to the last chance for Earl to make a move and eliminate Yau, surely securing himself the million, he had to go for it.

Bonochick said:

I think he would have. It seemed like he really wanted to stick with Yau as long as possible and be loyal to him. However, when it came down to the last chance for Earl to make a move and eliminate Yau, surely securing himself the million, he had to go for it.

this does not make much sense

it was the same final four
and the same chance?

if he wanted to stick with Yao
why didn't he write Casandra's name down?

He is no better/ or worse than Dreamz.

When it came down to the wire, Earl would have potentially been giving away a million dollars by not voting for Yau. However...doing that would have put the vote to a tie, 2 for Yau, 2 for Cassandra. Who knows what would have happened? :hmm:

Dreamz made a very specific, clear cut promise, and he didn't come through. One could call Yau insane for making such a huge deal with only Dreamz's word to hold it together. However, I don't think Dreamz should have accepted such a deal without coming through on his end. I realize that it's outwit, outplay, and outlast, but that is just extremely cold. On the flip side, someone could also call it extremely smart. Dreamz wasn't going there to make friends, he was going there to win a million. That truck is a a pretty nice consolation prize.

deep said:

Why does Earl get the pass for riding on Yao's strategy and stabbing him in the back at the first opportunity?

I know what you're saying. I was disappointed that Earl voted against Yao, but leaving emotion out of it and thinking logically, the purpose of the game is to be the last one standing, and win the million. And quite simply, if Earl had taken Yao, he wouldn't have won, and he knew that. What comes first, friendship or the game? I guess that's a personal decision they all have to make.

The other reason that Earl may 'get a pass' and Dreamz doesn't, is that he didn't accept a very expensive prize in exchange for his cooperation, and publicly make a deal with him. :shrug:

Dreamz accepted a position that screwed him either way. If he'd made good on the deal, he would have been gone, and if he reneged, he wasn't going to win anyway. If he were smart, he would have sucked it up and accepted 4th place (I wonder what the difference between 4th and 3rd place prize money is) and then he would have been lauded as a man of his word, and probably would have had tons of opportunities waiting for him, post-Survivor.

Did Earl give away half of his million to Yau? I thought I caught Jeff saying that at the very end of the wrap-up, but I wasn't sure.....

Yes, Earl said that he was going to give half of the money to his mother. So, after Uncle Sam takes almost half of the million and then he gives half to his mom, Earl isn't going to have much left over.

Besides Earl, I think this season's memorable Survivors were Yau, Dreamz and Boo. In the beginning, I thought Boo was a fool, but he did play the game pretty well, so he kind of redeemed himself. I thought Dreamz was a fool the whole time, but he did make it to the final three. What I loved best about Yau was when he gave Dreamz the truck. The truck is probably worth close to 40,000 US dollars. Dreamz is going to have to pay taxes on that truck. That amount will probably be more than his winnings from Survivor. So Yau got rid of a gas guzzling truck that he didn't need and gave to Dreamz who probably can't afford it. Ain't life grand?

MrPryck2U said:
The truck is probably worth close to 40,000 US dollars. Dreamz is going to have to pay taxes on that truck. That amount will probably be more than his winnings from Survivor. So Yau got rid of a gas guzzling truck that he didn't need and gave to Dreamz who probably can't afford it. Ain't life grand?

:giggle:

It might cost even more than that. I'm kind of familiar with prices, since my boyfriend has been looking into a brand new Ford truck for himself. :crack:

MrPryck2U said:

The truck is probably worth close to 40,000 US dollars. Dreamz is going to have to pay taxes on that truck. That amount will probably be more than his winnings from Survivor. So Yau got rid of a gas guzzling truck that he didn't need and gave to Dreamz who probably can't afford it. Ain't life grand?
They said on the show its a $60,000 truck, so Dreamz has to pay taxes on 60k.
But 2nd place money is 100k, so he can cover the taxes. But when he finishes with taxes on the 100k and the truck, he won't have a ton of of cash left, but he'll be alright.

Technically though, Dreamz and Cassandra tied for 2nd place. Do you think they split the $100,000? Or did they already say that he gets $100,000? I didn't watch the last half of the reunion. :reject:

Bonochick said:
Technically though, Dreamz and Cassandra tied for 2nd place. Do you think they split the $100,000? Or did they already say that he gets $100,000? I didn't watch the last half of the reunion. :reject:
They didn't say, and I was curious about it now that they do a final 3.

I would guess its one of 2 scenarios:
A. They both get $100,000 as runners up
2. The one with more votes gets $100k and the other gets 3rd place money (which is a little less, I forget from the early days but they listed it out once, it was either 75K for 3rd or 90K).
And in this particular case where they tied with zero votes each, I would assume they pay like a golf tournament, add 2nd and 3rd place money and divide by 2 giving them each an equal amount (for example 95k each if 3rd place payout is 90k).

Very interesting ending. I am glad at the outcome, but I Wanted Yau-man to win it. I liked the season, there were some different twists and turns which keeps it exciting. Looking forward to the next season! :wink:

I think next season they should hire new contestant evaluators cause this past seasons crop were just overall wacko. The jury was utterly bizarre this time around with their questioning and behaviour.

trevster2k said:
I think next season they should hire new contestant evaluators cause this past seasons crop were just overall wacko. The jury was utterly bizarre this time around with their questioning and behaviour.

What do you mean bro?
james.jpg

trevster2k said:

Oh I hope not.

Wackos make the best TV!

ultravioletluvv said:
That Lisi was a nutjob! She had a couple entertaining moments on the island, but overall she was was worthless.

I agree. Don't you think the Producers of all these reality type shows choose certain personalities for viewer ratings purposes though? The nutjobs bring ratings with their loopiness and how they interact with the rest of the cast. Seems there's one in every group!

I don't mind weird people for entertainment purposes but some of those people seemed to be slightly unstable in a bad way.:wink:

Back
Top Bottom