Survivor 14 - Fiji - Page 13 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-23-2007, 02:32 PM   #181
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 06:28 PM

Rocky is the perfect person for the reasons you stated, but he's absolutely horrible at the game of Survivor. Right now, he's on borrowed time. His ineptitude at each and every challenge is mind boggling. At first I liked the guy, but he keeps talking smack about everything and he has no game whatsoever to back it up.

Old 03-23-2007, 04:21 PM   #182
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Quote:
Originally posted by MrPryck2U
If Ravu were losing challenges, I think everyone would find out how much of an idiot Boo is. But, they've been able to win, so no one's cared yet. Once Rocky gets voted off, the viewers will focus on someone else.
I meant to say "Moto" instead of Ravu. If Moto were to lose an immunity challenge, then we could see who's a fool( i.e. Boo)over at Moto's camp.

Old 03-28-2007, 05:50 PM   #183
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

I read a preview for the next show and it says that someone finds the idol and tries to replace it with a fake one.
Old 03-28-2007, 06:08 PM   #184
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 03:28 PM
Old 03-29-2007, 09:32 AM   #185
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

I hate Rocky.

I've been watching Survivor since day one in Borneo, and I've seem some jerks come and go, but never, until now one that I have had a personal, active dislike for. . .until now.

The guy is just unbelievable, and he has been since the very first day. It's really shocking to me that Ravu was never able to see what a liability his constant negativity was to their team. Anthony was frustrating, yes. You really wanted to see him stand up for himself. But Anthony was right in his exit speech. Rocky has been largely responsible for Ravu's losses (and Mookie to a degree as well, since he's apparently too dense to see Rocky's bullshit for what it is), and until they get rid of him, there's little chance of cohesiveness in that team, and without cohesiveness, winning (which for a team with this kind of brawn should be "easy"), will continue to be more difficult than it needs to be. Just watch. . .you think Rocky's behavior will change now that Anthony's gone? No way. He'll just shift his ire and bullying behavior to someone else--my guess will be Lisi, and then Dreamz.

There are many things not to like about Rocky, but particularly offensive are:

A). His bullying behavior. This guy is a classic bully. He uses his rage to get others to back down, and more often than not it works.

B). His horrifically misogynist attitudes. Has anyone else noticed his constant insulting of, and diminishing of women?

What we've got in Rocky is a complete and total failure as a human being.

And I would disagree that he's "edited to look that way." In another, imminently more trashy, (but fun to watch) reality show, Big Brother, the cast members have often complained about how they're "edited" to look worse than they are. However, in that show you can watch live feeds of the contestants online and from what I've gathered from those who watch these feeds, these contestants--virtually all of them--are far worse than they appear on TV. If anything, TV makes them look better not worse than they really are. It wouldn't surprise me if the same were true of Survivor. And as someone else pointed out, they didn't put those words in his mouth. He said them, even if that was the "only time", it was enough to get a sense of what Rocky's like.

But inspite of all of this, I don't see Rocky being voted out next week. Provided that they lose again (which is no sure thing), I'd guess that Lisi goes next. After that, then probably Rocky.

My one consolation, is that an outward asshole has never won Survivor. Ever. There were guys that were smug and arrogant and jerks to the camera (Richard Hatch, Brian Hedik, and that guy that won Surviovr Vanuatu come to mind) but with their team members they were smooth, savvy, players that kept their cards close to their chests. Obnoxious, loudmouthed, grating characters never win on Survivor and very rarely even get close. The same will be true of Rocky.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:44 PM   #186
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Hey, I agree with you about Rocky, but he just accomplished what the show wanted him to. He made you want to hate him, therefore, you would remember/focus on him. Then, when he finally gets voted off, he will receive his comeuppance. If Rocky were a pro wrestler, they would call him a heel (bad guy). His bullying is actually done for heel heat. (negative reaction from the audience) But, for a bad guy like Rocky, the negative reaction is a postive reaction for him because that is the show's goal. They want audiences to hate him. They don't want him to lose yet because he probably has a few more dastardly deeds up his sleeve before he goes. Right now, the show hasn't been very good and Rocky is actually one of the reasons people are tuning in. Viewers want to see him get his just desserts. Rocky is actually a cookie cutter bad buy. He bullies others who allow them selves to be bullied, talks smack about what he's going to do, fails miserably at it and then blames others for it.
I've seen worse then Rocky though on past Survivors. That other Boston fool who pretended to have a Blackberry was a pretty big scumbag. I forgot his name. I'm sure Survivor could make a whole DVD of Survivor bad guys starting off with Richard Hatch himself. He was the first Survivor scumbag. But, when Rocky finally gets voted off, I'm sure millions of viewers will be cheering loudly when it happens.
Old 03-29-2007, 12:58 PM   #187
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by MrPryck2U
That other Boston fool who pretended to have a Blackberry was a pretty big scumbag. I forgot his name.
Smoker Shane?
Not from Boston, he was a Californian who's son was named "Boston", thus his Boston tattoo.
And Rocky is from LA as well, though he grew up in MA.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:25 PM   #188
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Ahh yes, Shane. But wasn't he from Boston originally? Hence him naming his son Boston. Plus, Rocky might "live" in LA, but he's Boston all the way.
Old 03-29-2007, 01:31 PM   #189
Blue Crack Addict

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivo...io_shane.shtml

Born and raised in Omaha Nebraska.
You need to let your anti-Boston bias go, it clouds your judgement. The Yanks will win again before you retire...maybe.
Old 03-29-2007, 02:32 PM   #190
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Thanks for the clarification, Hewson. Omaha, Nebraska. Who da thunk?
Old 03-29-2007, 10:30 PM   #191
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 05:28 PM
As much as Rocky get's on my nerves I was really hoping that it would be Lisi going tonight

Have to say also that Yau Man is truly surprising me! Believe he's going to be quite the contender in the game. To look at him you wouldn't ever expect him to be a threat. Extremely curious to see if anyone comes across his "immunity idol". That right there was pretty clever!
Old 03-29-2007, 10:44 PM   #192
Refugee

Local Time: 05:28 PM
Even though I wasn't too fond of Rocky, he was one of the most interesting characters this season.

Should be funny if someone finds the fake idol
Old 03-29-2007, 11:04 PM   #193
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Local Time: 03:28 PM
Fake Idol???????!!!!!!!!!

Oooh I Better go...the show's just starting here on the West coast!
Old 03-29-2007, 11:20 PM   #194
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:28 PM
Yao Min rocks. That fake idol is hilarious, and the looks on his face were priceless.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:45 PM   #195
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

I really liked tonight' show. Finally, Rocky is gone. Right now, I'm rooting for Yao Man and Earl over at Moto. I loved Yao's "evil thought".