Survivor 14 - Fiji

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
trevster2k said:

OMG!!! Liesje just started saying Eeny meeny miney moe!!! Obviously, she doesn't know the history of this rhyme in US culture. And she is talking to 3 African Americans. She may be posting on the CBS board.

This is an angry jury. Hoo boy!!

my first thought was that she knows exactly the origin of the rhyme, and used it purposely.

yau is still the winner in the be the best person contest. unfortunately that's not real life.

Yao will vote for Earl. I hope Earl wins. Yao will probably get a standing ovation at the reunion show.

There are a lot of angry people on the CBS board.OMG!!! I am still reading posts on that board written by people living in Mississipi in the 50's. Such overt racism in about 10% of the posts, I am shocked at this. It's so disheartening to read. This is 2007, isn't it. I am stunned by the remarks.

Yao will probably get a standing ovation at the reunion show.

Last edited:
SPOILER

UNANIMOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOW COULD IT NOT BE!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD FOR EARL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If it could not be Yau-man.

Last edited:
What I don't understand is why didn't some take Dre aside and explain the situation he was in. He wasn't going to win the million regardless what he did. There were stronger players around him and Alex, Edgardo and Mookie definitely weren't going to vote for him. So that leaves six votes and he needed 4 of them. Plus, the backlash by betraying Yau would seal his fate in not winning anything. And he would lose so much respect for the betrayal.

do you think that if he'd been able to figure out even one of those angles there'd be a need to take him aside?

there's no way he'd listen to reason, and really, who's going to explain it to him?

trevster2k said:
What I don't understand is why didn't some take Dre aside and explain the situation he was in. He wasn't going to win the million regardless what he did. There were stronger players around him and Alex, Edgardo and Mookie definitely weren't going to vote for him. So that leaves six votes and he needed 4 of them. Plus, the backlash by betraying Yao would seal his fate in not winning anything. And he would lose so much respect for the betrayal.

I was thinking the same thing - why would he think he could win a million dollars once it came down to a jury? How could he expect them to vote FOR him after doing that?

Of course, the only one he MIGHT have listened to would have been yao - and then he might still have decided it was worth gambling his soul

:reject: Hi by the way :lol: I don't usually hang out in here. hope no one minds. I felt the need to vent after watching this

Last edited:
Sad_Girl said:

I was thinking the same thing - why would he think he could win a million dollars once it came down to a jury? How could he expect them to vote FOR him after doing that?

Of course, the only one he MIGHT have listened to would have been yao - and then he might still have decided it was worth gambling his soul

:reject: Hi by the way :lol: I don't usually hang out in here. hope no one minds. I felt the need to vent after watching this

get out.

*disclaimer
I'm just kidding...I'm rarely in here myself

This episode has probably created the most viewer response ever in television history.

Over on the CBS board , people are saying they will never watch Survivor ever again. There is hardly anyone who supports Dreamz decisions. And the anger, the anger is just filling the board.

I was going to post earlier that I though Dreamz would be the most positively affected person by hanging out with men ( and I mean real men) like Earl and Yau. I was hoping that his decision to honour his agreement would be a turning point in his life. He would have had so many opportunities in his life if he honoured the agreement.

And Cassandra is wrong, Dreamz is not smart.

Johnny Fairplay has been dethroned as biggest Survivor villain.

Look at Yau during the reunion show, he is still showing incredible integrity despite being screwed like that.

Last edited:
Sad_Girl said:

:shocked:

You have 10 times more posts than me. And I joined 4 years before you.:wink:

trevster2k said:

I was going to post earlier that I though Dreamz would be the most positively affected person by hanging out with men ( and I mean real men) like Earl and Yau. I was hoping that his decision to honour his agreement would be a turning point in his life. He would have had so many opportunities in his life if he honoured the agreement.

I still think he will make out okay.

when are canadians gonna be able to play :sad:

trevster2k said:
This episode has probably created the most viewer response ever in television history.

Over on the CBS board , people are saying they will never watch Survivor ever again. There is hardly anyone who supports Dreamz decisions. And the anger, the anger is just filling the board.

:yes: I think a lot of people feel much the same way

trevster2k said:

I get a bit chatty from time to time :shifty:

snowbunny00774 said:

get out.

*disclaimer
I'm just kidding...I'm rarely in here myself

3.gif

:lol:

trevster2k said:

Yikes, no kidding. The amount of posts one can make over 2 years is pretty scary. At least mine's been spread out over almost 6. :hoitytoity: :wink:

I was forced to watch the end of this by my parental units. I was pulling for Boo cause he was cute, but when he got voted off that Yau guy was my favorite.

I was sucked into two Survivors, watching this tonight made me glad I haven't watched more of them.

[/exits]

Well, obviously, YM was the undisputed best player on this season's Survivor. And usually the best player doesn't win. With that said, I'm very glad that Earl won because out of the last three, he was the only one that belonged there. Dreamz is a dope, so we all knew he'd lose. Especially after fucking over Mookie, Edgardo, Alex and finally YM. No one really gave a shit about Cassandra. Hell, Jeff pretty much went from talking to Earl about winning to Dreamz and what the hell he was thinking. He didn't give too much of a shit about her. YM proved he was indeed the better person even though he didn't win the million bucks. Dreamz proved that he was just full of shit the whole time. I just thought he was dumb as shit the whole time. I mean, come on, did he honestly think that Mookie, Alex, Edgardo and YM would vote for him to win? That's 4 votes right there he wasn't going to get. Like I said earlier, Cassandra was just a non entity, so as a result, Earl wins with a shutout for the first time in Survivor history.

trevster2k said:
What I don't understand is why didn't some take Dre aside and explain the situation he was in. He wasn't going to win the million regardless what he did. There were stronger players around him and Alex, Edgardo and Mookie definitely weren't going to vote for him. So that leaves six votes and he needed 4 of them. Plus, the backlash by betraying Yau would seal his fate in not winning anything. And he would lose so much respect for the betrayal.

Yeah, if Dreamz couldn't figure that out on his own, someone should have explained it to him. Perhaps Yau could have prodded him along at tribal council by saying that, although he might have taken a hit with the jury by coming across as overconfident. But saying it before tribal council would have been fine.

The jury was one of the worst ever. What a bunch of idiots, especially Lisi. I don't know what she's sniffing, but that's some strong stuff. And I understand Alex is a lawyer, but he just came across as an asshole there. And then Boo has to bring religion into it.

Horrendous jury.

Yau played the game the best and deserved to win, and I'm a bit disappointed that they didn't have an audience award like they have previously, because then Yau would have at least got something out of it, as he would have won that going away.

:(

Of the final five in our pool, I had Yau, my daughter had Earl, my niece, who was running the pool, had Boo, my sister had Dreamz, and a friend had Cassandra. And every one of them I talked to tonight were rooting for Yau, despite the fact they would lose money if Yau won. And all over the internets, he seemed to be the overwhelming fan favourite. Seems like such a cool guy. :)

So, I'm a little bummed, and my daughter is $100 richer tonight. Nonetheless, it was one of the most compelling seasons in a long time, and I really enjoyed it.

I keep wondering if they're going to create another opportunity for him to win, ala Rupert, several seasons back. :hmm:

phanan said:

The jury was one of the worst ever. What a bunch of idiots, especially Lisi. I don't know what she's sniffing, but that's some strong stuff. And I understand Alex is a lawyer, but he just came across as an asshole there. And then Boo has to bring religion into it.

Horrendous jury.

The 3 you mentioned made Rocky seem like a calm, collected, intelligent man in the way he posed his question, so that tells you all you need to know about the makeup of the jury.
Lotta knuckleheads.

As for Yau, well he set himself up for the possibility of Dreamz reneging, he should have just kept the truck and continued playing the game. He'd have ended up in the same spot, but be driving a nice ride.
(wonder if Dreamz has gotten a license yet? Twas funny when he "won" the truck seeing bthem pull up to the school in his new truck and Booberry was driving).

bonosgirl84 said:
The car curse strikes again :up:
And in some odd way, it took down 2 people.
Yau actually won the car, and he lost the million kind of as a result of it, and Dreamz received the car and lost because of it.

I wonder how the vote would have gone if Dreamz never took Yau's car deal and everything played out the same...Probe-st polled the jury on what if Yao Ming had been in the final 3, but what if there had been no car for immunity deal?
I think Earl would have still won, but not 9-0-0, more like maybe 6-3-0, with Dreamz getting Boo, Rocky and maybe Stacy.

I think it's sickening that Dreamz was going on and on about showing his kids that he is a man of his word, wanting to set a proper example for them. But then it's, "Oh...I didn't realize THREE of us got to go before the jury for the chance at the million!" Like he even had a chance of winning it anyway. I don't believe him when he says he was playing the game the whole time and never planned to give Yau immunity. He had planned to up until he realized that if he kept it, he would automatically be put in a position where he could possibly be handed a million dollars, as opposed to still having to fight to be in the final two.

Would I have given up immunity if I was in Dreamz's position? Wouldn't be an issue for me, I would have never accepted the deal. You're in a competition for a million dollars, and you're willing to settle for a truck? No, thanks. I wouldn't want that big of a debt to another player.

My heart broke for Yau, but I thought he was very kind to Dreamz then...telling him to enjoy the truck and not feel bad. Whether or not Yau truly meant that, it was still an admirable way to handle what had happened.

I felt a lot of anger towards Earl for voting Yau out...but that was really the only thing Earl did all season that I didn't like. He also would have been sealing his own fate by allowing Yau to stay though, so I can't say I blame him. If it couldn't be Yau, I'm glad it was Earl.

I agree with what everyone is saying here...was super sad Yau was not in the final 3...cassandra sure as hell did not deserve to be there....she rode everyone to the final....but Earl winning was my 2nd choice, and he was wise not to keep Yau there, he would have never won.

I am ALWAYS amazed at how different these folks look off the island...Earl was almost unrecognizable!

Oh...and how did Cassandra make it this far without knowing how to swim?? :der: I would have thought that would be a pre-requisite for the show. :shrug:

First off, CONGRATS to Earl! :applaud: He played a good, clean game and he deserves the win. As much as I wanted Yau Man to win, if i was in Earl's position, I probably would have done the same thing by getting rid of Yau. Dreamz is the one that set up that decision anyway. Earl had to make a decision based on what Dreamz did and it was his million dollar decision.

I think Yau will be ok. He obviousy doesn't hold any grudges and seems like an all around great guy. I think there will definitely be a spot for him in the next all-stars and hopefully CBS will do another million dollar giveaway by the fans (Rupert) and Yau would most definitely win that.

As for Dreamz, by making his decision to keep immunity, all he really did was take the million away from Yau and give it to Earl. I mean, how could he actually think he had a chance? Especially after he betrayed Yau like that? (not to mention half of the jury) I just wish that him and Yau would have talked it through more and Yau would have told Dreamz that he wouldn't vote him out if he gave him the necklace, and they could both have a shot at the final 3. At least then Dreamz would have a small chance, because he kept his word to Yau. But Dreamz is a dumb ass who got greedy.

I guess none of this matters now. And even without the whole car drama, things would have ended up the same. Yau was a target anyway and everybody was afraid of him. I kinda think it's Boo's fault for telling Earl that he needed to get rid of Yau. But then again, I think Earl was smart enough to figure it out for himself. Although they did edit it to look like that was the first time Earl had thought of that.

Sorry so long. Can't wait for next season! China should be interesting :|

Bonochick said:
Oh...and how did Cassandra make it this far without knowing how to swim?? :der: I would have thought that would be a pre-requisite for the show. :shrug:

There was another guy named Osten from the Pearl Islands season who couldn't swim either.

He quit the show after like, twenty days though. :der:

Ah, yes, I remember Osten. Pretty impressive for Cassandra to make it the whole time with no swimming skills. But, in a way, it just adds to the whole "what did she do?" question. She was just very fortunate to have aligned with the right people.

It's hard to fault somebody's strategy when they did end up making it to the final three, but I still think the million deserves to go to somebody who played the game a little harder. I'm glad Earl got it.

I totally agree.

Halfway through last night's jury questions I was like, wait a minute, how did she even GET there?

bonosgirl84 said:

There was another guy named Osten from the Pearl Islands season who couldn't swim either.

He quit the show after like, twenty days though. :der:
I think Gervace from season 1 couldn't swim either.

Back
Top Bottom