Survivor 14 - Fiji

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
trevster2k said:

Yeah, but some people would not have played the idol thinking Stacy was just blabbering. No luck involved. He evaluated the situation and all the cues given to him and responded accordingly. Luck would be him pulling out the idol without any external influence whatsover on a hunch, this was not luck. And yes, Stacy was the nail in the coffin to his decision to use the idol. But if he had not been considering the possibility of it happening which he did. Or have an awareness of how close Dreamz and Cassandra are, which he does. He may have disregarded her comment thinking she is just overconfident after being mislead by others in the group into thinking she had a chance. This is one of the strategies used to calm people before they get voted out. They have made people think they are safe and then out they go despite showing confidence at the tribal council. A split vote could mean anything especially coming from the person who was targeted for going home. Look what happened at the tribal council when Michelle went home, everything was said and put out there and Dreamz stilled screwed it up.

Actually, I would think Yao has been prepared to use the idol since he found it at every council especially since they all know he had it. This guy has an incredibly analytical mind and watches everything. Unlike Boo, who decided to go off by himself and miss everyone talking about him while he planned on sneaking up on others talking about him.

Earl looked bewildered at Yao's actions because he had no idea why Yao was pulling the idol. He never had Yao's conversation with Dreamz, he never had bad vibes, he probably never noticed people behaving differently around Yao. Yao has been noticing different things about people and evaluating them throughout the whole season.

I agree that Stacy's comment helped seal the deal but don't like the suggestion it was luck. Winning the lottery is luck, evaluating and studying stocks and investing based on information about a company and getting a windfall is not luck.

I pretty much agree with all that you say, but let's face it, he got lucky with Stacy's blunder, pure and simple. Perhaps we'll see at the beginning of the next episode when they are returning from tribal council if there is any further insight into this. I'm betting Earl and Yao talk about it, and that Yao says he played it because of what Stacy said.

My mom had stopped watching this season because she thought it was so boring. The last few episodes have definitely been the best of the season though!

Yau is amazing, I want him to win so badly. I was so worried he was going to get voted out last night, I was actually yelling at the TV like an idiot for him to pull out the idol. :reject:

trevster2k said:

Oh, and that was funny when Earl pushed Dreamz into the water during the immunity challenge.:lol:

I know! :lmao: :heart:

Could Stacy be any more brain dead, if she was a bit sharper Yao would be the one who was gone. Early on I like the guy and was rooting for him to win, but he has just gotten too arrogant which is a part of the game that I hate. Im actually hoping to see Boo win now, :wink:

Last edited:
Bonochick said:

Yau is amazing, I want him to win so badly. I was so worried he was going to get voted out last night, I was actually yelling at the TV like an idiot for him to pull out the idol. :reject:

ME TOO!! I was yelling at the TV last week too for Yau to use it, but luckily his instincts were on.

I'm really worried about Yau now. Earl is the only one who has stayed loyal to him and I worry that the only way Yau can make it into the final four is if he wins immunity next week or if Earl gives him the immunity idol. Because i'm almost positive the other three will be gunning for Yao again.

I love Earl, but I'm starting to wonder how loyal he really is to Yau. Would he give up his idol for him, knowing Yau is his biggest competition? If Earl helps save Yau, he is basically kissing the million dollars goodbye.

Ugh, i'm so torn! I wanna see both Earl and Yau in the final 3, but I don't know if that's possible. I have to give props to Cassandra though for trying to make a move of her own. And Dreamz isn't as dumb as I thought, but he's still never gonna be given the million.

Boo in the final 3? Well, i'd say it's pretty harmless. Nobody's gonna give him the money. I'd like to see and Earl, Yau and Boo final 3. Cassandra just blew her shot.

Isnt next tribal council the last time you can use the idol? So basically if Earl wins immunity he could give Yau the idol since he wont be able to use it anymore anyway.

^^ Yes, but Earl has to know that if he keeps Yau in the finals with him, he is in trouble. The question is, will he be loyal to Yau? or will he do what's best for himself and turn on Yau?

Either way, Earl has a good shot of winning the game. If he gives Yau his idol, the jury will see what a great guy he is. If he doesn't , the jury will never know the difference. I really like Earl and I hope he saves Yau, because that would make for a good finale.

Sicy said:
Isnt next tribal council the last time you can use the idol? So basically if Earl wins immunity he could give Yau the idol since he wont be able to use it anymore anyway.
Yeah next TC is it, so if Earl doesn't win the immunity necklace, he should play the idol even if everyone tells him they are voting BooBerry off, cause we know how people lie in this game.
If he does win, I imagine he gives it to Yowza Yowza Yowza.

Earl never wins immunity though. It will be Boo or Yau winning it. But it all depends on the challenge. Yau needs to win it to insure his survival. If not, we will see how loyal Earl really is to Yau.

I'm betting that Dreamz wins the next immunity, and that he, Cassandra, and Boo vote for Yao, but unbeknownst to them, Earl has the other idol and gives it to Yao. Then, they vote for Boo and he goes.

ultravioletluvv said:

I love Earl, but I'm starting to wonder how loyal he really is to Yau. Would he give up his idol for him, knowing Yau is his biggest competition? If Earl helps save Yau, he is basically kissing the million dollars goodbye.

I do not think Earl would give this idol to Yau...I mean....remember...Earl has been to immunity island the most...and he basically gave the clues to Yau, and got the tribe away so Yau could dig for the idol....so in my eyes..he gave the 1st one to Yau...I don't think he will give this one to him too....I just hope the can both hang on til the final:wink:

phanan said:
I'm betting that Dreamz wins the next immunity, and that he, Cassandra, and Boo vote for Yao, but unbeknownst to them, Earl has the other idol and gives it to Yao. Then, they vote for Boo and he goes.

That's what I hope happens. Although I'm kinda hoping they get rid of Cassandra instead, just to show her that she shouldn't have betrayed their alliance.

I just really hope that Earl can part with his idol. If he knows that he won't need it for himself, I hope he lets Yau use it. Even though that wouldn't be in his best interest.

Hewson said:
And one last thing: WTF do they put the finale on Mother's day?
Probably have to watch it on tape Monday as a result. Stupid CBS.

WTF do they have to put Mother's Day on the day of Survivor's finale?:wink:

Sicy said:

yes,
they have a 2 out of 5
chance of winning

which means they would have two immunities

i don't think Yau needed Stacy to say anything to be smart enough to play his idol

dreams, boo and Casandra will be going after earl and yau

yau may not make it

I am most looking forward to how Earl and Yau rationalize what happened at the tribal council and what Earl's plans are. Will he defer to the other 3 thinking he has a better chance against them or maintain his loyalty to Yau?

we need earl, yau, dreams and casandra (or boo)

in the final four

we need dreams to win immunity

and then we would have the greatest survivor drama, ever :up:

we could have a 2-2 vote
and a fire starter contest

Smart move is to kick out Dreamz so it lessens the chance of Yau getting another immunity opportunity.

SPOILER

Wow, Dreamz just lost my respect. I can understand keeping it if it was just a handshake and swearing on something but he took a car for this, a $60,000 car. Game or no game, you make promises like that, you better keep them. This whole it's only a game thing is true to a point. He was given a payment of a $60,000 vehicle and he gave his word. Obviously, his word means shite.

Who in the jury would vote for Dreamz based on that betrayal? Then again, he may win cause he played hard when it counted. He betrayed his whole alliance and betrayed Yao-man to make it to the end. He outplayed his opponents but I wouldn't trust him to hold my spot in line at the supermarket if I saw him.

The producers obviously engineered that final challenge in Dreamz' favour to create the dynamic at the final council. Much to the detriment of Yao-man.

Survivor continues to be a microcosm of the real world.

trevster2k said:
SPOILER

Obviously, his word means shite.

Then again, he may win cause he played hard when it counted. He betrayed his whole alliance and betrayed Yao-man to make it to the end. He outplayed his opponents but I wouldn't trust him to hold my spot in line at the supermarket if I saw him.

Survivor continues to be a microcosm of the real world.

:yes: , the online world too.

Spoiler here too

Dreamz just betrayed a good man, and I think A LOT of viewers are feeling betrayed, as well
nee1.gif
I don't know how he can look at himself in the mirror after doing something like that
to think I was really rooting for Dreamz and Yao to be the final two how disapointing

I just checked out the CBS board and some racist assholes are posting horrible things about Dreamz. Don't they have moderators over there?

I don't agree with what he did but I don't think has anything to do with his race. He doesn't represent his race. It was Dreamz, the man, who did it after spending all this time talking about how he was a good guy and a stand up guy and so on. Uh, no. I wonder how the live audience will respond to him during the reunion show.

Last edited:
trevster2k said:
I just checked out the CBS board and some racist assholes are posting horrible things about Dreamz. Don't they have moderators over there.

I don't agree with what he did but I don't think has anything to do with his race. He doesn't represent his race.

the white people are just bitter they didn't think of it first.

Dreamz obviously has no idea what truthfulness and honour is life or the game. He was rambling on after the tribal council about how everyone lies and cheats in the game. Earl and Yao-man played honourable games.

Alex was in the courtroom just then during his questioning.

OMG!!! Liesje just started saying Eeny meeny miney moe!!! Obviously, she doesn't know the history of this rhyme in US culture. And she is talking to 3 African Americans. She may be posting on the CBS board.

This is an angry jury. Hoo boy!!

Back
Top Bottom