Survivor 14 - Fiji

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yao-Man is honest, but if I'm one of the others, I would have been a bit put off by his over-confidence at that tribal council. I can't see how they don't turn on him next week.

I think Earl finds the other idol next week and keeps it to himself for protection once Yao-Man is gone. I'd still like to see Earl go all the way.

I agree about Earl. I think he deserves to win too. If it came down to Yau and Earl, I would have a tough time deciding who I'd want to win.

As for a Boo, Dreamz, Stacy finale... oh man, that would totally suck to see those 3 up there! I think Dreamz would get it too, and if he can orchestrate that final scenario then I think he deserves to win. But I'm still pissed at him for voting Michelle out.

Another nail biting episode.... I was really thinking that Cassandra and Dreamz were going to flip. Cassandra is dangerous, and I hope Earl sees it! Her wide-eyed look at the tribal council was driving me crazy. She doesn't do anything and doesn't even try in challenges. Its a good thing Yao didn't play the immunity idol.

I'm really hoping Earl and Yao make it.

OMG...I was a nervous wreck during tribal last night....I was sure Yau was a gonner...and when he did not play the idol, I was even more nervous....thank god Dreamz is just a liar! :wink:

OMG I think Yao Man gives up his car so everyone else wins a car!!!!

Cause during the preview Jeff says something about Yaoman being the first to do something which we didn't hear.

SPOILERS

Ok, not exactly how I played it out. But I think he is playing the game to hard and it will bust him in the ass in the end. But if he snags the 2nd immunity idol which he is now in a position to do, he makes it through at least 2 possibly 3 more rounds thanks to using immunity idols or immunity from Dreamz. It could be the most brilliant move in Survivor history. Unless he fails to use his immunity idol during tonight's tribal council and they kick him out. Although, I hope he finds the other immunity idol so we can see him do his "Gollum getting the ring" impersonation, my precious, my precious.:wink:

Last edited:
trevster2k said:
OMG I think Yao Man gives up his car so everyone else wins a car!!!!

Cause during the preview Jeff says something about Yaoman being the first to do something which we didn't hear.

You're close.

Earl was very impressed with Yao after the votes were read. He gave him a funny look initially but wow, good instincts. Although, Stacy and her big mouth cemented any questions Yao might have had.

Cassandra's got a whole lotta explainin ta do.

Finale Sunday only 3 days away. This season started off as shite but is ending as one of the better seasons.

Wow. :yikes: I'm so tense during episodes now, I can barely enjoy it. :lol:

If Yao and Earl can align with Boo...or if one of them win the next immunity, they'll be fine.

I can hardly wait to see the Earl/Yao vs Cassandra fallout Sun night.

VintagePunk said:

If Yao and Earl can align with Boo...or if one of them win the next immunity, they'll be fine.

Yep, if either Yao or Earl win the next immunity, they are both safe. Having two honest players like Yao and Earl could ruin Survivor's reputation. I wouldn't mind seeing Yao, Boo and Earl in the final three. It would be an interesting final council as each expressed why they deserved the money over their opponents. Dreamz would be a mess at a final council, nice guy but makes no sense sometimes. And Cassandra hasn't earned it in my view either.

It should be interesting to see the thought process of Dreamz, Cassandra and Boo in determining whether to vote for Yao Man again or Earl. Only Earl and Yao know that Earl has the other idol.

Oh, and that was funny when Earl pushed Dreamz into the water during the immunity challenge.:lol:

Last edited:
Daddysgonnapay said:
damn i totally missed this tonight...I was working......grrrrrrr
so Yau has the 2nd idol?

Nope, Yao sent himself to Exile Island (after winning the reward challenge and giving a truck to Dreamz in exchange for the immunity idol if Dreamz won it during the final four) , got the third clue and gave it to his ally Earl. Earl then went and found the idol. This kind of honour is sickening.:wink:

If Yao just went and got the idol himself, he would have guaranteed himself final four at worst. But that's why Yao deserves to win. He is playing an amazing all-round game. He has contributed in the challenges, won individual immunity, found idols, contributed to the camp and has played a clean game. Who knew you could compete in this game without being a total jerk?:wink:

Last edited:
Yao actually got lucky at tribal council. I really don't think he had intended to use the idol, but Stacy totally gave him the heads up by practically telling him that the others were voting for him tonight. When you say you think there is going to be a split vote, you've let the cat out of the bag. One of the biggest blunders ever on this show. Yao's reaction to what she said pretty much showed that he was taken by surprise.

But it helped him, and while it must have been gut-wrenching for him to use it then, he made the right move. He's done very well and if he makes it to the final three, he's your winner.

trevster2k said:

But that's why Yao deserves to win. He is playing an amazing all-round game. He has contributed in the challenges, won individual immunity, found idols, contributed to the camp and has played a clean game. Who knew you could compete in this game without being a total jerk?:wink:

Watching the first episode after drawing him in the Survivor pool, I took one look at him and said "omg, he'll be out within two shows."

Sometimes being wrong rocks. :up: He seems like a genuinely nice man with a great deal of integrity. The part I'm most surprised about are his social and people reading skills. He's fairly quiet, and yet can astutely read the undercurrent of the camp very accurately.

oooooo thanks for the info.....Yau is definately the deserving winner....I hope he can make it into the finals.....so ,, Earl has the other idol....and Yau gave Dreamz his reward, in exchange for immunity if
Dreamz would win that? wow he is playing the game!!:bow:

VintagePunk said:

and yet can astutely read the undercurrent of the camp very accurately.

I agree. He was aware of a possible move against him but not certain. Hence the "I got bad vibes" remark to Earl who tried to reassure him. His conversation with Dreamz gave him some more insight and I imagine he noticed how people were behaving around him leading up to the vote. Stacy's comment obviously gave him the final piece of information but some contestants don't pick up on all the hints during tribal councils. I don't think it was luck. He analyzed the whole situation and reacted to it.

When Yao pulled out the idol, Earl looked at him like he had two heads. Earl had no idea what was going on even after Stacy spilled the beans so it wasn't an obvious reveal unless one was conscious of the possible betrayal.

Oh my GOD how stupid is Stacy!! She pretty much voted herself out :lol: IDIOT! Not to mention she's absolutely horrendous at the challenges.

In any case, I hope Dreamz does honor his word. Yau is really amazing. I hope he wins it all!

trevster2k said:
I don't think it was luck. He analyzed the whole situation and reacted to it.

I disagree. Yes, Yao had been analyzing the situation up to that point, but until Stacy started to blab away, he wasn't sure, and based on his expression, I don't believe he was going to use the idol until that happened. He and Earl have been together throughout this whole thing, and Earl was taken aback when Yao used it. That tells me that they had no plans on pulling the idol card at that council. They would have strategized previously, and from their expressions, it is quite obvious that wasn't what they had originally planned.

Has Yao been playing the game well? Of course - better than anyone else. But Stacy pretty much sealed the deal for him tonight.

YM's been on a roll, but tonight's show was definitely his finest hour. He played all of the angles well. I loved how he struck the car deal with Dreamz and then sent himself to Exile Island. Then of course when he shocked the others and played the idol. That was sweet!
Boo's been on a roll too. They have to get rid of him ASAP. He's getting better each week. Dreamz is such a dope that they should use him until the end. By "they", I mean Earl and YM, by the way. They deserve it the most right now.

phanan said:

I disagree. Yes, Yao had been analyzing the situation up to that point, but until Stacy started to blab away, he wasn't sure, and based on his expression, I don't believe he was going to use the idol until that happened. He and Earl have been together throughout this whole thing, and Earl was taken aback when Yao used it. That tells me that they had no plans on pulling the idol card at that council. They would have strategized previously, and from their expressions, it is quite obvious that wasn't what they had originally planned.

Has Yao been playing the game well? Of course - better than anyone else. But Stacy pretty much sealed the deal for him tonight.

Yeah, but some people would not have played the idol thinking Stacy was just blabbering. No luck involved. He evaluated the situation and all the cues given to him and responded accordingly. Luck would be him pulling out the idol without any external influence whatsover on a hunch, this was not luck. And yes, Stacy was the nail in the coffin to his decision to use the idol. But if he had not been considering the possibility of it happening which he did. Or have an awareness of how close Dreamz and Cassandra are, which he does. He may have disregarded her comment thinking she is just overconfident after being mislead by others in the group into thinking she had a chance. This is one of the strategies used to calm people before they get voted out. They have made people think they are safe and then out they go despite showing confidence at the tribal council. A split vote could mean anything especially coming from the person who was targeted for going home. Look what happened at the tribal council when Michelle went home, everything was said and put out there and Dreamz stilled screwed it up.

Actually, I would think Yao has been prepared to use the idol since he found it at every council especially since they all know he had it. This guy has an incredibly analytical mind and watches everything. Unlike Boo, who decided to go off by himself and miss everyone talking about him while he planned on sneaking up on others talking about him.

Earl looked bewildered at Yao's actions because he had no idea why Yao was pulling the idol. He never had Yao's conversation with Dreamz, he never had bad vibes, he probably never noticed people behaving differently around Yao. Yao has been noticing different things about people and evaluating them throughout the whole season.

I agree that Stacy's comment helped seal the deal but don't like the suggestion it was luck. Winning the lottery is luck, evaluating and studying stocks and investing based on information about a company and getting a windfall is not luck.

Yao made it this week and I am glad. Smart move. I like this guy, he is really strategic and is playing the *game* well. Next and final episode (sniff sniff) should be interesting. I Wasn't in the room when Yao gave away a vehicle he won tho. What's up with that?

phanan said:
Yao actually got lucky at tribal council. I really don't think he had intended to use the idol, but Stacy totally gave him the heads up by practically telling him that the others were voting for him tonight. When you say you think there is going to be a split vote, you've let the cat out of the bag. One of the biggest blunders ever on this show. Yao's reaction to what she said pretty much showed that he was taken by surprise.

Sicy said:
Oh my GOD how stupid is Stacy!! She pretty much voted herself out :lol: IDIOT! Not to mention she's absolutely horrendous at the challenges.

Stacy may go down as the worst player ever to get as far as she did...I mean physically nothing in the challenges, mistrearted people early on (Dreamz & Boo) cause they were on the outside of her alliance, admitted to being a "follower" last week, and then the stupidest statement ever at tribal council...just keep the ruse up, act like you think you're going home and Yau is out and you move on...but noooo, she has to talk about how the vote is gonna be split and surprise some people etc.
No way Yau plays the idol if she doesn't make that speech.

And I'm sure it is all in the editing, but didn't it seem like Probst gave Yau an inordinate amount of time compared to previous TCs to produce the idol?

trevster2k said:

Unlike Boo, who decided to go off by himself and miss everyone talking about him while he planned on sneaking up on others talking about him.

That was pretty funny...Boo"I'm gonna hide here by the water and hear people talking about me"...5 others back in the cave: "Lets vote Boo out".

However I'd love to see Boo win the next 2 immunities to compound things.

And Dreamz, assuming he gets to the final 4 and Yau is still there, should just not win immunity, hope someone like Boo does if he's still there and team up with Boo to try and oust Yau.

Some interesting possibilities. Dreamz, Boo and Useless should join forces now to oust Yau, but there is a loyalty to Earl that may prevent that. But it should be fun if Boo can win immunity again to see what the alliance of 4 does to itself, and if Earl's turtle comes into play.

Back
Top Bottom