SURVIVOR 12: Panama - Exile Island

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
here's the linky

http://www.cbs.com/primetime/survivor12/

Stranded on an island off the coast of Panama, 16 strangers must live together and compete for the million-dollar prize. This time, the castaways will begin their competition as four tribes: older men, older women, younger men and younger women. At least one Survivor each week will be banished to a separate island miles away from camp.

:yikes:

Last edited:
I really got sucked in on the last one - Maya Empire - it's the only one I watched every week. I have to say - it was better than expected. I am looking forward to this.

I think they could film two a year for a long time - but eventually aren't they going to have to break down and do a cold location? I think stranding them in the Yukon or Alaska would be awesome. New skills and new challenges.

YellowKite said:
- but eventually aren't they going to have to break down and do a cold location? I think stranding them in the Yukon or Alaska would be awesome. New skills and new challenges.
I think there would be too much of a potential laibility issue for a cold weather location to work.
Don't see it happenming.
Plus we all know a key to the ratings is putting the women in skimpy bikinis as often as possible.
Do you think anyone would have remembered Elisabeth Filarski (now Hassleback) in a parka?

YellowKite said:
[B

I think they could film two a year for a long time - but eventually aren't they going to have to break down and do a cold location? I think stranding them in the Yukon or Alaska would be awesome. New skills and new challenges. [/B]

I always thought that would be a cool idea. Pun intended :wink:

I caught the cast unknowingly the other morning when I put on the Early Show. :hyper: I had no idea they'd be announced so soon!
Feb 2nd it starts all over again!!!!!!!!!

I would also like to see some other parts of the world to utilize various other survival skills. Seems the mind games and emotional stuff they all go through is the same from show to show, not surprising what with the various personalities they have on each show. Still, I am excited to see yet another Survivor series begin.

Probst said the cast is a lot more likeable than Guatemala, and that usually translates to a better season (pretty much everyone in the first two seasons was charming in some way)......definitely think it will be at least the best since Pearl Islands.....

How do you all rank the seasons?

1. Australian Outback (The first two seasons had the most people trying to get into the cast, hence why everyone was memorable. They'll never be topped)
2. Borneo
(I'd place the Australian edition of Survivor right here. Fantastic season with totally memorable cast. The folks from Australia complained that they didn't get to see Marquesas, but this was better.)
3. Pearl Islands (Rupert before he got annoying, Sandra, the much hated Fairplay, and the even more hated (for me) Lil. Plus, the show's first quitter, an interesting new twist, and a great premiere episode)
4. Amazon (Probably the most despicable cast ever, but that's what made it so entertaining!)
5. Marquesas (Great bunch of characters, most beautiful location they've ever shot at, along with the first ever power switchup.)
----------------------------------------------
6. Guatemala (Pretty good after the boring first few episodes. Still, like all of the recent seasons, it suffers from far too much challenge footage and not enough character development. Also, Steph hinders it from being a true classic.)
7. Palau (Loved the pathetic Ulong losing every single immunity challenge. Pretty good aside from some rather boring episodes, and Steph was incredibly annoying.)
(I'd put the second season of UK Survivor, Panama, here. Likeable cast, although a bit boring in the middle)
8. Vanuatu (I disliked all of the male contestants.....they all played horribly and Chris got incredibly lucky at the end, even then, he still screwed up and went about getting to the end the hard way. Loved Ami on her power trip and the always on the chopping block Eliza, but the season was pretty dull at times)
(I'd place Survivor UK: Borneo, the first season, right here. Pretty evil bunch, but I did like the winner's run to the finish.)
-------------------------------------------------
9. Thailand (Has the show's best player ever, but that's about all it's notable for. Great location though, but the worst cast in history)
10. Africa (Awful, awful location. Cast wasn't too interesting either, and the fact that the Samburus had ample opportunity to topple Lex and Co, but didn't do it, really made me dislike this season)
11. All Stars (Let's see......we have four winners (Rich, Tina, Ethan, Jenna M), so they're screwed. We have a physical threat and a strategic threat (Colby and Rob C), so they're doomed. We have two people that are horrible socially (Sue and Jerri). And we have an old man who is a challenge liability (Rudy). And what do you know? Those nine players were also the first nine to be eliminated from the game. The unfairness aside, the fact that the rest of the players allowed the boring Romber to win the game and hog the camera time (which made it even more tiresome) is proof alone that this NEVER should've happened).

But yeah, new season should be great. Somebody give Danielle and Misty chocolate and peanut butter. Pronto! :wink:

Back
Top Bottom