SURVIVOR 12: Panama - Exile Island

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BigMacPhisto said:
I'd rank it sixth.........the best nonclassic season.......the premerge episodes were some of the best they've done....however, the merge tribe resulted in very repetitive situations, particularly thanks to Terry.

1. Australian Outback
2. Borneo
3. Pearl Islands
4. Amazon
5. Marquesas
6. Exile Island
7. Guatemala
8. Palau
9. Vanuatu
10. Thailand
11. Africa
12. All Stars

I have only seen your 6-9 choices so I have no idea about the better ones. :(

Well, the top three on my list (and pretty much everyone else's) are available on DVD. You could NetFlix it.

But hey, you didn't have to sit through the worst seasons, however. :wink: Particularly, Africa and All Stars. They were both incredibly boring and Lex managed to make both even worse.

trevster2k said:
Good for Aras.

The final immunity challenge was so biased for Danielle to win. Tiny platforms on water were much more difficult for the bigger men to balance on than for the tiny Danielle.

Terry dominated the physical challenges but didn't have the people skills to get allies to shift the game. Other players have done it in the past.

Regarding the car, ain't karma a bitch.:wink:

I'm guessing everyone's done with this thread now (I just saw the finale here in Saipan tonight), but I'll just throw my comments out into the blue void anyway.

Agreed that this ended with a whimper. Danielle just had the misfortune to just not be a very compelling person. She never was. I don't think she necessarily "deserved" to lose but she certainly was the sort of person people would tend to feel did not "deserve" to win.

I think if Cerie had won the fire contest the game would have turned out very differently. With her heavier build and lack of athletic background she would not have outlasted either Aras or Terry (and I certainly don't think they changed the entire final contest at last minute to encourage a Danielle victory). Aras would probably have won and I think he would have taken Cerie. And I think Cerie could have beaten him.

Okay season. Cerie and Shane were about all that made it watchable. My favorites will always be Pearl Islands, Australia, Palau, and last season in Guatamala. And the firs t season of course.

I think if Cherie had won the fire challenge, the final immunity would not have been floating on the platforms. I have always believed that the producers of the show choose challenges based on how they want the game to play out. Apparently, they can't out and out control how people play the game but they can sway the game by choosing challenges which favour certain types of players. That's my theory after watching Survivor since the first season.

trevster2k said:
I think if Cherie had won the fire challenge, the final immunity would not have been floating on the platforms. I have always believed that the producers of the show choose challenges based on how they want the game to play out. Apparently, they can't out and out control how people play the game but they can sway the game by choosing challenges which favour certain types of players. That's my theory after watching Survivor since the first season.

I suppose that's possible--they may have had several possible challenges "in the pipeline" and chose which one to build based on who won. But I have my doubts. That's quite a logistical and practical challenge to "rig" a challenge in a particular contestants favor at the last minute. Seems like they would have been throwing out puzzle challenge after puzzle challenge rather than physical challenges to dethrone Terry and give a one up to Cerie. But then that's assuming that they could have somehow predicted Cerie would be as popular as she was--something they couldnt' have known until the game was done and the episodes air. It just seems like a little too much to be realistic.

Back
Top Bottom