SURVIVOR 12: Panama - Exile Island - Page 30 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-15-2006, 01:08 AM   #436
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 05:35 PM
I'm happy for Aras.

Old 05-15-2006, 01:53 AM   #437
Neon Zebra

me too. i liked him.

and it was another season where the winner of the car did not win the game.

the car curse strikes again

Old 05-15-2006, 04:59 AM   #438
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 10:05 PM
Good for Aras.

The final immunity challenge was so biased for Danielle to win. Tiny platforms on water were much more difficult for the bigger men to balance on than for the tiny Danielle.

Terry dominated the physical challenges but didn't have the people skills to get allies to shift the game. Other players have done it in the past.

Regarding the car, ain't karma a bitch.
Old 05-15-2006, 10:52 AM   #439
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 09:35 PM

I was so bummed when Terry got voted out. I didn't even feel like continuing to watch, as I felt like I didn't want Danielle or Aras to win. But then I realized that the only reason I had started disliking Aras was because he was Terry's biggest threat...and, since Terry was my favorite, of course I wouldn't like Aras! I figured that whoever Terry voted for, that was who I'd want to win...so...I'm happy Aras won.

But I wanted it to be Terry!

Shane's comment about "president of the planet"...and how he was moving away Courtney as she went to vote and came back from voting...

Bonochick [at] interference.com
Old 05-15-2006, 01:35 PM   #440
fah
Blue Crack Addict

I'm happy for Aras too

Does anyone know what the story is with Sally and her family??? I thought Jeff's comments were a little strange
Old 05-15-2006, 02:34 PM   #441
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 08:35 PM
If you watched the clip show, you'd have seen Sally crying to Austin about how her family is unsupportive of her divorce and such. She was shocked that they even sent a video from home because they "don't like being photographed"...........quite sad for her.

Aras was a great winner, and was certainly the strongest player in the game strategically (aside from Cirie). That said, I agree that the finale was a crushing bore, perhaps the worst we've seen so far. Had the stuff from Thursday been compacted into Sunday's show, it would've been one of the most entertaining yet. Instead, like Australia, a finale with only the final three means you have to fill up time, so we had way too much rubbish with Danielle and Aras sitting around. But, you could argue that SO MUCH happened on Thursday that there's no way it and the rest of the finale could've fit into two hours on Sunday.

That immunity challenge was horrendous. It's basically "here you go" to a female contestant (a la "Amazon")........what's shocking though is that Danielle actually tried competing, despite the fact that she was going to the Final Two no matter what. By winning the challenge, it prevented her from going to the finals with Terry. Had she thrown it, Aras would've won, taken her, and she probably would've gained Terry's vote on the jury. 4-3 is still better than 5-2.......
Old 05-16-2006, 12:51 AM   #442
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

The car curse lives on! I am bummed that Terry didn't win the million dollars, but he's got his future set because of how far he went in the show and because of what a strong player he was, particularly having uncovered the idol. Bet he's sorry he didn't use it! I was very sad to see Cirie voted off, but she is another one who because of her popularity in the show and having won the car she has gained her celebrity and will be a success because of it. I didn't want Danielle to win, she didn't do anything in camp as far as I'm concerned and wasn't a very interesting individual. Aras, on the other hand was. Although I wasn't rooting for Aras from the beginning, I will say congrats to him, I am pleased he won. He cleaned up real nice....I had to laff at his hair in those episodes. Too funny! I hope he will use the money and celebrity he has won wisely. That was a bummer he fell and required the medical attention and if it weren't for that, I feel this last episode was quite boring just he and Danielle.

Sally had talked throughout the season on a couple occasions about her family kind of disowning her as she had just gone through a divorce and it seemed to be a rather hurtful experience for her. I hope that she and her family can mend now.

Next up, Survivor: Cook Islands. Fall. Have a good survivor summer break, everyone, and cy'all back in the fall!!! It's been fun checking in here throughout the season comparing notes and chatting about the show and characters.
Old 05-16-2006, 09:50 AM   #443
Blue Crack Addict

The fact that Shane was far and away the most interesting aspect of the finale tells you something.

When they started the last challenge, wife and I both said it favored Danielle, she's smallest and a former gymnast.

I liked Shane's comment how Terry was deserving to win, not Danielle or Aras, and loved his reaction to and then avoidance of Courtney's contact when she went to vote.

Courtney must have come to her parents not from the stork, but from Toucan Sam, cause she's a fruit loop.

Was hoping maybe when Aras fell he'd have to be Medevac'ed away and Terry would be put in the final 2 by default.
Old 05-16-2006, 09:50 AM   #444
Blue Crack Addict

Carek, Cirie didn't win the car, Terry did.

I also felt it was a slow moving finale and I was a little disappointed that Terry did not win. After all, the man was ALMOST unbeatable in the immunity challenges. But I knew that everytime there was a puzzle of some sort, he would come up short. He just didn't have that strength.

Out of the two though, I am glad it was Aras. After all, he freeloads off of his dad.
Old 05-16-2006, 09:54 AM   #445
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Doozer61
Carek, Cirie didn't win the car, Terry did.

Basically CBS gave Cirie a car (knowing she'd win the internet vote easily) just like they gave Rupert a million dollars for failing at the game twice, but wearing a skirt and thinking he was a pirate.
Old 05-16-2006, 10:10 AM   #446
Blue Crack Addict

It would have never happened, but the finale would have been so interesting had it been Terry vs. Aras. What a vote that would have been.
Old 05-16-2006, 10:17 AM   #447
Blue Crack Addict

Hmm..Terry vs Aras.

I say Terry gets Austin and Sally for sure.
Aras gets Cirie and Courtney.

From Shane's comment, I think he'd vote Terry. Danielle probably goes for Aras unless she feels he screwed her over.

So that would leave Bruce as the swing...not sure how he'd vote, I'd guess Terry but you never know.
Old 05-16-2006, 10:35 AM   #448
War Child

Local Time: 01:35 AM
Exile Island ranks in the lower half in the Survivor canon for me. Aras is a bland winner, a runner-up physically (to Terry) and strategically (to Cerie).
Old 05-16-2006, 12:16 PM   #449
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I'd rank it sixth.........the best nonclassic season.......the premerge episodes were some of the best they've done....however, the merge tribe resulted in very repetitive situations, particularly thanks to Terry.

1. Australian Outback
2. Borneo
3. Pearl Islands
4. Amazon
5. Marquesas
6. Exile Island
7. Guatemala
8. Palau
9. Vanuatu
10. Thailand
11. Africa
12. All Stars
Old 05-16-2006, 01:15 PM   #450
Blue Crack Addict

I actually think it was one of the better seasons. It ended on a whimper, however.