SURVIVOR 12: Panama - Exile Island - Page 23 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 04-22-2006, 07:32 PM   #331
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:40 AM
Bruce will be on the jury.

Old 04-22-2006, 07:41 PM   #332
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 03:40 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Doozer61

But he won't get a chance to participate in trying to win a million dollars.

Old 04-22-2006, 09:51 PM   #333
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Doozer61
Do we know this for a fact yet? There weren't too many days left. If he needed surgery, there's no way he'd be able to participate in time, I would think.
Old 04-22-2006, 11:33 PM   #334
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

He said in interviews "we'll have to wait and see next week"......and he supposedly didn't need surgery, so he'll most definitely serve his jury duty.
Old 04-24-2006, 07:38 AM   #335
Blue Crack Addict

He may have faked illness to get out of jury duty...lots of people don't like serving.
Old 04-24-2006, 04:43 PM   #336
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Old 04-25-2006, 03:38 AM   #337
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Quote:
Originally posted by phanan

Do we know this for a fact yet? There weren't too many days left. If he needed surgery, there's no way he'd be able to participate in time, I would think.

Yes Jeff said that Bruce had his surgery and that he would not be returning to compete for the million dollars, however that he would be ok to be back in the jury on the next episode. It's really too bad what happened to Bruce, but I give him an incredible amount of respect for having stuck it out for as long as he did. If he had gone much longer without medical treatment he could have died there on that beach. I am sure he will be compensated by the show and the network for his ordeal, and I think he will do well on the Jury. This episode Thursday should really be interesting!
Old 04-26-2006, 12:44 PM   #338
War Child

Local Time: 11:40 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Carek1230
I am sure he will be compensated by the show and the network for his ordeal, and I think he will do well on the Jury. This episode Thursday should really be interesting!
I would think that they all signed releases saying they understood the dangers, got the immunizations, etc. and there won't be any financial compensation. They probably paid for his medical care at most.
Old 04-26-2006, 02:06 PM   #339
Blue Crack Addict

If Terry can make it to the final two

he stands a good chance to win it all

I just don't think he is very strong in the "out wit" department
Old 04-27-2006, 07:43 AM   #340
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by Hewson
The beauty is with the idol, he has the cushion of losing once, so there are 4 immunity challenges left, he'll need to win 3. Considering the level of his competition, he has a legit shot.

I wonder if it would make sense during some challenge if Aras is already out, should Terry lose intentionally so one of the others gets immunity, then vote for Aras and drop the idol bomb, eliminating his strongest physical threat.
Couple of thoughts on posts from the last week. I only check this thread once a week, Thurs. evenings my time, right after I watch Survivor. Episodes air a week later here so by Friday morning my time all the rest of you have seen the next episode while I have to wait till the NEXT Thursday. Got that?

Anyway, regarding Hewson's post above: Terry's in an even better position than described. He really doesn't need to win any more immunities. Unless the remaining five are smart enough to choose who they want out among their own team and have three (including the "sucker") vote for Terry, the remaining two vote for the "sucker" thus taking the idol away from Terry (though not eliminating him. The "sucker" would go instead). This is a pretty complicated plan and this team is not the brightest Survivor has ever had, so I doubt this will happen. More likely, if they know he has the immunity idol they won't bother to vote against him even if he loses an immunity challenge because they'd know they wouldn't actually get rid of him anyway, and instead one of them would go home. They'd rather vote who they want than give Terry the power to eliminate one of them.

So Terry is basically safe all the way to the four, when he has to give up the idol. And I think he's right in his assessment that once he's in the final three he will most likely beat any competitors in the remaining immunity challenge.

As for Cerie, she may not be under the radar anymore but I think she's pretty safe anyway. Everyone recognizes that she's a cinch to beat in just about any kind of physical or endurance challenge, and while some might not want to go up against her in the final two, most will want to keep her up to at least the final three.

My prediction is Danielle goes next, followed by Courtney (or maybe Courtney first, as they find her so annoying). At final four, Terry uses his idol or just has to give it up and I'm guessing Aras will go home. Final three is between Shane, Cerie, and Terry. Terry wins, takes Shane. And probably, Terry wins the game. (He has votes from Austin, Sally, Bruce, and all he needs is one more. . .)

I'm really curious to see how things go tonight (or next week, for me).
Old 04-27-2006, 07:55 AM   #341
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Quote:
Originally posted by BigMacPhisto
Yeah, folks like Shane have made the season interesting. I don't see why any of you care for Terry. BOR-ING! At least Palau's Tom had charisma and some strategic sense.

In fact, it seems that only the hardcore fans like myself enjoy the antics of Shane or the wit of Guatemala's Brian. The majority like Tom/Steph/Terry/Danni, and why? Because they're athletic. They don't offer too much for television, however. And when they do get a lot of airtime (Steph or Terry) they're incredibly annoying and full of themselves. At least Shane doesn't put himself up on a pedestal.
So true about Shane. We need some lunatic to save this season from being a total snooze-fest what with Terry virtually having wrapped up the game already. And Terry IS boring.

However, I disagree with you on why most people like Tom/Steph/Dani (I'm not going to include Terry in this). In fact, you said it yourself, about Tom. Tom, Stephanie, and Dani all had charisma. That's what draws fans--they're good looking people with charismatic personalities. You can't beat that. If people wanted to watch athletes they'd watch basketball or something.

Are there legions of Terry fans out there? I'm just not getting the same sense of groundswell of wild popularity with him the way there was for breakout Survior "stars" like Rupert, Stephanie, Tom, and even Bobby John or Colby.
Old 04-27-2006, 11:33 AM   #342
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 03:40 PM
It's on tonight!
Old 04-27-2006, 11:48 AM   #343
Blue Crack Addict

Old 04-27-2006, 02:39 PM   #344
Blue Crack Addict

The previews make it look like Terry finally loses a Terry challenge (they officially renamed the immunity challenge the Terry challenge).
Old 04-27-2006, 02:53 PM   #345
Blue Crack Addict

Yeah, I saw that last night.

Perhaps somebody finally decided to make a deal with him.