SURVIVOR 12: Panama - Exile Island

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hewson said:

Also the promo said it was the "closest finale ever" which to me signals a 4-3 jury vote, so its probably Terry vs Aras, Terry wins the final immunity and decides on Aras as more beatable than Cirie, the vote goes:

Cirie: Aras
Bruce: Terry
Courtney: Aras
Austin: Terry
Sally: Terry
Shane: Aras
Danielle: the mystery deciding vote and the answer to that vote is: To be continued

I'm not so sure that Courtney would go with Aras. She had worked it out to align herself with Terry before Danielle screwed her over, and she might want to vote for Terry just so one of the others doesn't win.

And I really don't know which way Bruce will go, either.

The others seem right to me.

The closest vote ever? It has 4-3 before. Tina/Colby was 4-3 (this is just the first one coming to mind) I think Cirie goes to the final three...also the final challenge usually has to go with strength not endurance. Think feet on stump with arm out..or hanging from stick like pig...those type. I don;t think the previews had anything to do with next week.

ljclary said:
The closest vote ever? It has 4-3 before. Tina/Colby was 4-3 (this is just the first one coming to mind) I think Cirie goes to the final three...also the final challenge usually has to go with strength not endurance. Think feet on stump with arm out..or hanging from stick like pig...those type. I don;t think the previews had anything to do with next week.
And Hatch won 4-3 as well, the snake as it should be ate the rat.
But this at 4-3 would be the closest finale ever....a tie with a few others, but still the closest, I think they just need to pump the promos.
The last few votes have been very one sided, a couple of 6-1 votes.

My head is spinning
dazed.gif

By closest finale, they mean the immunity challenge between Aras/Terry. Terry loses (hence why we see him falling in the water and "Unbelievable" because he lost).........the only way a Terry/Aras F2 is probable is if Cirie makes it to F3 and Terry wins the last challenge. But they snuck in footage of Danielle running in between footage of Aras/Terry in the final challenge in order to give away that she makes it to Final Three (and therefore, Final Two as well).........the vote won't even be close, with Aras winning in a landslide.

Next season is Survivor: Cook Islands.....screencaps of the promo have already leaked, and it seems the crew has two different versions of the ad (debating whether or not they want an Exile Island in the next season.....I say "no"....)........

The only twist besides the secret immunity idol with Exile Island is that it puts someone out of the loop for a short time perhaps causing stategy problems. Originally, it seemed like a horrible banishment to a living hell, lately it's like yeah, whatever, been there, done that. It got old quick, either make it truly horrible so it really creates friction between people and teams, or get rid of it.

It got old because Terry of all people had the idol. Otherwise, there was the possibility of it being constantly reused and everyone being paranoid. That, coupled with Terry's redundant "I'll try to form a lame alliance with _____" every episode really turned this season from one of the best, to simply the best since Pearl Islands.

me too. i liked him.

and it was another season where the winner of the car did not win the game.

the car curse strikes again :huh:

Good for Aras.

The final immunity challenge was so biased for Danielle to win. Tiny platforms on water were much more difficult for the bigger men to balance on than for the tiny Danielle.

Terry dominated the physical challenges but didn't have the people skills to get allies to shift the game. Other players have done it in the past.

Regarding the car, ain't karma a bitch.:wink:

I was so bummed when Terry got voted out. :( I didn't even feel like continuing to watch, as I felt like I didn't want Danielle or Aras to win. But then I realized that the only reason I had started disliking Aras was because he was Terry's biggest threat...and, since Terry was my favorite, of course I wouldn't like Aras! :laugh: I figured that whoever Terry voted for, that was who I'd want to win...so...I'm happy Aras won.

But I wanted it to be Terry! :mad:

Shane's comment about "president of the planet"...and how he was moving away Courtney as she went to vote and came back from voting...:lmao: :heart:

If you watched the clip show, you'd have seen Sally crying to Austin about how her family is unsupportive of her divorce and such. She was shocked that they even sent a video from home because they "don't like being photographed"...........quite sad for her.

Aras was a great winner, and was certainly the strongest player in the game strategically (aside from Cirie). That said, I agree that the finale was a crushing bore, perhaps the worst we've seen so far. Had the stuff from Thursday been compacted into Sunday's show, it would've been one of the most entertaining yet. Instead, like Australia, a finale with only the final three means you have to fill up time, so we had way too much rubbish with Danielle and Aras sitting around. But, you could argue that SO MUCH happened on Thursday that there's no way it and the rest of the finale could've fit into two hours on Sunday.

That immunity challenge was horrendous. It's basically "here you go" to a female contestant (a la "Amazon")........what's shocking though is that Danielle actually tried competing, despite the fact that she was going to the Final Two no matter what. By winning the challenge, it prevented her from going to the finals with Terry. Had she thrown it, Aras would've won, taken her, and she probably would've gained Terry's vote on the jury. 4-3 is still better than 5-2.......

The car curse lives on! I am bummed that Terry didn't win the million dollars, but he's got his future set because of how far he went in the show and because of what a strong player he was, particularly having uncovered the idol. Bet he's sorry he didn't use it! I was very sad to see Cirie voted off, but she is another one who because of her popularity in the show and having won the car she has gained her celebrity and will be a success because of it. I didn't want Danielle to win, she didn't do anything in camp as far as I'm concerned and wasn't a very interesting individual. Aras, on the other hand was. Although I wasn't rooting for Aras from the beginning, I will say congrats to him, I am pleased he won. He cleaned up real nice....I had to laff at his hair in those episodes. Too funny! I hope he will use the money and celebrity he has won wisely. That was a bummer he fell and required the medical attention and if it weren't for that, I feel this last episode was quite boring just he and Danielle.

Sally had talked throughout the season on a couple occasions about her family kind of disowning her as she had just gone through a divorce and it seemed to be a rather hurtful experience for her. I hope that she and her family can mend now.

Next up, Survivor: Cook Islands. Fall. Have a good survivor summer break, everyone, and cy'all back in the fall!!! It's been fun checking in here throughout the season comparing notes and chatting about the show and characters.

The fact that Shane was far and away the most interesting aspect of the finale tells you something.

When they started the last challenge, wife and I both said it favored Danielle, she's smallest and a former gymnast.

I liked Shane's comment how Terry was deserving to win, not Danielle or Aras, and loved his reaction to and then avoidance of Courtney's contact when she went to vote.

Courtney must have come to her parents not from the stork, but from Toucan Sam, cause she's a fruit loop.

Was hoping maybe when Aras fell he'd have to be Medevac'ed away and Terry would be put in the final 2 by default.

:shame: Carek, Cirie didn't win the car, Terry did.

I also felt it was a slow moving finale and I was a little disappointed that Terry did not win. After all, the man was ALMOST unbeatable in the immunity challenges. But I knew that everytime there was a puzzle of some sort, he would come up short. He just didn't have that strength.

Out of the two though, I am glad it was Aras. After all, he freeloads off of his dad. :D

Doozer61 said:
:shame: Carek, Cirie didn't win the car, Terry did.

Basically CBS gave Cirie a car (knowing she'd win the internet vote easily) just like they gave Rupert a million dollars for failing at the game twice, but wearing a skirt and thinking he was a pirate.

Hmm..Terry vs Aras.

I say Terry gets Austin and Sally for sure.
Aras gets Cirie and Courtney.

From Shane's comment, I think he'd vote Terry. Danielle probably goes for Aras unless she feels he screwed her over.

So that would leave Bruce as the swing...not sure how he'd vote, I'd guess Terry but you never know.

I'd rank it sixth.........the best nonclassic season.......the premerge episodes were some of the best they've done....however, the merge tribe resulted in very repetitive situations, particularly thanks to Terry.

1. Australian Outback
2. Borneo
3. Pearl Islands
4. Amazon
5. Marquesas
6. Exile Island
7. Guatemala
8. Palau
9. Vanuatu
10. Thailand
11. Africa
12. All Stars