SURVIVOR 12: Panama - Exile Island

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He said in interviews "we'll have to wait and see next week"......and he supposedly didn't need surgery, so he'll most definitely serve his jury duty.

phanan said:

Do we know this for a fact yet? There weren't too many days left. If he needed surgery, there's no way he'd be able to participate in time, I would think.

Yes :yes: Jeff said that Bruce had his surgery and that he would not be returning to compete for the million dollars, however that he would be ok to be back in the jury on the next episode. It's really too bad what happened to Bruce, but I give him an incredible amount of respect for having stuck it out for as long as he did. If he had gone much longer without medical treatment he could have died there on that beach. I am sure he will be compensated by the show and the network for his ordeal, and I think he will do well on the Jury. This episode Thursday should really be interesting!

Carek1230 said:
I am sure he will be compensated by the show and the network for his ordeal, and I think he will do well on the Jury. This episode Thursday should really be interesting!

I would think that they all signed releases saying they understood the dangers, got the immunizations, etc. and there won't be any financial compensation. They probably paid for his medical care at most.

If Terry can make it to the final two

he stands a good chance to win it all

I just don't think he is very strong in the "out wit" department

Hewson said:
The beauty is with the idol, he has the cushion of losing once, so there are 4 immunity challenges left, he'll need to win 3. Considering the level of his competition, he has a legit shot.

I wonder if it would make sense during some challenge if Aras is already out, should Terry lose intentionally so one of the others gets immunity, then vote for Aras and drop the idol bomb, eliminating his strongest physical threat.

Couple of thoughts on posts from the last week. I only check this thread once a week, Thurs. evenings my time, right after I watch Survivor. Episodes air a week later here so by Friday morning my time all the rest of you have seen the next episode while I have to wait till the NEXT Thursday. Got that? :)

Anyway, regarding Hewson's post above: Terry's in an even better position than described. He really doesn't need to win any more immunities. Unless the remaining five are smart enough to choose who they want out among their own team and have three (including the "sucker") vote for Terry, the remaining two vote for the "sucker" thus taking the idol away from Terry (though not eliminating him. The "sucker" would go instead). This is a pretty complicated plan and this team is not the brightest Survivor has ever had, so I doubt this will happen. More likely, if they know he has the immunity idol they won't bother to vote against him even if he loses an immunity challenge because they'd know they wouldn't actually get rid of him anyway, and instead one of them would go home. They'd rather vote who they want than give Terry the power to eliminate one of them.

So Terry is basically safe all the way to the four, when he has to give up the idol. And I think he's right in his assessment that once he's in the final three he will most likely beat any competitors in the remaining immunity challenge.

As for Cerie, she may not be under the radar anymore but I think she's pretty safe anyway. Everyone recognizes that she's a cinch to beat in just about any kind of physical or endurance challenge, and while some might not want to go up against her in the final two, most will want to keep her up to at least the final three.

My prediction is Danielle goes next, followed by Courtney (or maybe Courtney first, as they find her so annoying). At final four, Terry uses his idol or just has to give it up and I'm guessing Aras will go home. Final three is between Shane, Cerie, and Terry. Terry wins, takes Shane. And probably, Terry wins the game. (He has votes from Austin, Sally, Bruce, and all he needs is one more. . .)

I'm really curious to see how things go tonight (or next week, for me).

BigMacPhisto said:
Yeah, folks like Shane have made the season interesting. I don't see why any of you care for Terry. BOR-ING! At least Palau's Tom had charisma and some strategic sense.

In fact, it seems that only the hardcore fans like myself enjoy the antics of Shane or the wit of Guatemala's Brian. The majority like Tom/Steph/Terry/Danni, and why? Because they're athletic. They don't offer too much for television, however. And when they do get a lot of airtime (Steph or Terry) they're incredibly annoying and full of themselves. At least Shane doesn't put himself up on a pedestal.

So true about Shane. We need some lunatic to save this season from being a total snooze-fest what with Terry virtually having wrapped up the game already. And Terry IS boring.

However, I disagree with you on why most people like Tom/Steph/Dani (I'm not going to include Terry in this). In fact, you said it yourself, about Tom. Tom, Stephanie, and Dani all had charisma. That's what draws fans--they're good looking people with charismatic personalities. You can't beat that. If people wanted to watch athletes they'd watch basketball or something.

Are there legions of Terry fans out there? I'm just not getting the same sense of groundswell of wild popularity with him the way there was for breakout Survior "stars" like Rupert, Stephanie, Tom, and even Bobby John or Colby.

The previews make it look like Terry finally loses a Terry challenge (they officially renamed the immunity challenge the Terry challenge).

I've got to revise my predictions. I still think Terry is safe, even if he does indeed lose immunity tonight.

If he loses, his best bet would be to not reveal he has the idol, vote for Aras and let them all try to get rid of him. Aras goes instead.

Then endgame goes like this. Terry wins the next immunity, and three women vote out Shane. Terry wins the next immunity, and Danielle and Cerie band together and vote out Courtney. Terry wins final immunity and takes?. . .

Or maybe Terry should reveal he has the idol to discourage them from trying to get rid of him. . .

Hell, I don't know!!!

I feel like we'll know a lot more after tonight's episode.

Damn Terry and his immunity again! :ohmy: And the car!!

I was lmao when Cerie was smashing the snails and getting the fish :lmao:
She's pretty dang smart though.. bye bye Courtney!

Yeah, Cerie pulled it off. Now I just wonder if Shane will buy their story, or if he'll panic and try something with Terry.

In any event, Terry is in the final four no matter what, so it's really looking good for him.

And one thing this does is with Courtney, she's going to feel screwed by her former tribe and would most likely give Terry her vote if he made it to the final two. That would be three votes for Terry then, and I could see Bruce voting for him too.

So the others shouldn't automatically assume that getting to the final two with Terry is a guaranteed victory anymore.

For fah,

Reward challenge was a slalom course where the players were divided into two teams. They were all connected to a rope and have to manouver their way around obstacles in and out of water. Then they had to unhook, jump in the water and grab a bag. After all 3 members got their bag, they had to make their way back to the start. First team back wins. Team one, Terry, Courtney and Danielle, Team two, Cherise, Aras, and Shane. Guess who won?

The winning team picked Aras to go to the island while unbeknownst to Shane and Cherise, they continued to another reward challenge. It was for a Yukon SUV. The challenge involved hitting three targets with a slingshot. Both of these challenges have been done before in previous seasons. Anyway, you know who, won the truck like everything else in the show. BORING!

They went on the reward which was a BBQ and stuff on private island. Terry tried to align himself with Courtney and Danielle. Hoping to eliminate Aras with their assistance and then eliminate Shane leaving him with the ladies for the final four.

In the meantime, Cherise was motivated to try fishing and she was successful, much to the surprise of Shane and the rest of us viewers. She caught a big fish.

When everyone returned and did their catchup talk, Cherise found out that Courtney was the favoured choice of both Shane and Terry for the final two. She started strategizing on how to improve her chances.

At the immunity challenge, there were platforms which the contestants had to kneel on. They were hanging over water and they had to hold onto two ropes which were connected to weights. The weights were suspended over a mechanism which would release the platform, thus letting them fall into the water if the weights fell. The weight each person had to hold was a initially 20% of their bodyweight so it was done fairly. As time passed, the percentage would rise. Shane went out quickly, along with Cherise and Danielle. Aras, after being on Exile island, went next. Courtney struggled valiently but succumbed to the challenge leaving DA MAN with iimmunity AGAIN.

But Cherise was determined to not let Terry run the game. She politiked with the group and convince Aras and Danielle of what was going down. As far as Shane was concerned, the group was voting out Danielle. Courtney and Terry thought, Aras was the target. But Cherise convinced Danielle and Aras that the vote for Courtney was in their best interests.

Courtney was stunned to hear her name as being the next member voted out of the tribe. Brilliant strategy by Cherise, she isn't strong physically as shown in the reward challenge but she's a thinker.

And that's all I have to say about that.:wink:

Cirie (related to Cherise perhaps? :wink: ) is showing a lot of smarts for the game as time goes on. She's very perceptive about the proper strategy for others and using it to work her own strategy...she has a shot, though I doubt Terry would take her to the finals if he's the one making the choice.

Terry is incredibly dominant, perhaps like no other player before. The only ones close are Firefighter Tom, Colby in his first go-round and Boston Rob in allstars (which was a huge change from the way he played the first time). His biggest problem now may be the "curse of the car".

But the backstabbing has begun, and Courtney may feel like a woman scorned at the finale, and could give her vote to Terry if he's up against say Danielle, since Terry didn't vote to oust her and had a deal for final 3, and Danielle back stabbed her good, and she knows it, saying "my girls turned on me".

As the game progresses, Terry's chances of winning a jury vote if he gets that far just increase, cause each succeeding ousted member of the "Gang of 6" may feel betrayed, and they can't all make it to the final 2.

Did they have to keep showing Danielle's hairy armpits during the immunity challenge?

All I kept thinking thru this week's episode was as has already been stated above:

HAIRY ARMPITS :yikes:
The curse of the car :yikes::yikes:
Is it possible for Terry to make a complete sweep? :shrug:

dre.jpg

3522.jpg

Carek1230 said:

The curse of the car :yikes::yikes:

Why are you worried about that? Do you people honestly want someone as boring as Terry to win? It's
OUTWIT, Outplay and Outlast. He hasn't satisfied the first part, mostly due to his horrible social skills and high regard for himself over others.

Back
Top Bottom