SURVIVOR 12: Panama - Exile Island

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
^ Impossible. Because who would vote for Terry in the endgame? In fact, that's exactly why Courtney wants to go to the Final Two with him.

BigMacPhisto said:
^ Impossible. Because who would vote for Terry in the endgame? In fact, that's exactly why Courtney wants to go to the Final Two with him.

I don't know. . .people have a way of being resentful if some one who is seen as "riding the coattails" of stronger players gets to the final 2. Think Kelly Wigglesworth in season one. The girl that lost to Tom. . .The stronger player is seen as having "earned" it.

Still I think, he will probably lose. He could win against Shane, definitely. He could probably win against Cerie. Against anyone else, I think he'd lose for sure.

I'm still really blown away by how safe he is and i now really understand why he kept the idol last week. He never has to win an immunity again until F4. Even if he doesn't win immunity they'll never vote against him.

So barring some twist tonight, I think he's as safe as any player as ever been on this show.

Terry is playing the game, and he's playing it very well. Why wouldnt people vote for him? Plus he's a nice guy :grumpy:

It was sad to see Sally go tonite. I'd like to see Danielle or Courtney go, they are both annoying to me. And why is Shane still in the game? Grrrrrrrrrr :( Terry can dominate this game to the very end if he plays his cards right and tonite not playing the idol to save Sally proved he's looking out for numero uno. I like him, he is playing fair I think and is a strong player. The video from his family was so touching too.

I thought that was weird bringing out that food and letting some of them choose whether to compete or eat. This was the teaser episode.....flashing food and family videos in front of the remaining players to see if any of them would succumb emotionally. It was touching watching them tear up while watching their family video clips.

So here we go, coming around the bend to the home stretch.....

BigMacPhisto said:
Actually look at it this way, Terry needs 4 jury votes to win if he is in the final 2.
Austin and Sally should be shoo-ins.
Bruce I think would vote for Terry. Thats 3. he needs 1 more.

Lets say the alliance of 6 starts turning on one another (which we know has to happen starting like next week), someone is gonna feel betrayed by whoever Terry's opponent is and may be angry enough at their own personal Judas to vote for Terry.
For example, lets say Danielle is next to go. Terry tells her during the finale..."I offered you the idol back when we had 8 players, told you that they targeted you out at 5 or 6 and told you that as a Naval Academy grad I don't lie, cheat or steal...but you believed (insert turncoat name here) and that person cost you a shot at a million dollars.
She might vote for Terry.

I think if he dominates the immunities and gets to the end he has a good shot to win.

Not only that, but I think most people would admire Terry for fighting against the odds to make it all the way to the final two. He never gave up, never mailed in an immunity challenge like most did yesterday, and played his cards right.

I think most people would look at that as being the most deserving of winning, even if a person wasn't aligned with him previously.

And you know they will indeed turn on each other. Aras certainly wasn't pleased when the whole group bailed on him. I could see that coming into play at some point...

You have to remember that Palau was the last full season these contestants viewed......would they really want to vote for someone who has even admitted to trying to play the game like Tom? Also, how will anyone be seen as riding Terry's coattails when they're all playing the game the best they can and Terry is moving onward due to immunities? Terry doesn't have any true alliance partners and probably won't have any for the rest of the game.

As for Kelly Wigglesworth and Katie, it had nothing to do with a resentful jury. Kelly was antisocial around her own tribe, so she lost all three of those votes, while Greg realized that Richard was the better strategist (yes, he had planned to vote for Hatch and didn't vote for him because of the "pick a number" bit. That was simply a joke, and if you rewatch the finale, you'll note that he gives a negative image of Kelly before she arrives at the final Tribal Council). As for Katie (and Steph, for that matter), if you act mean to others, you'll get your comeuppance.

Last edited:
Between Terry on Survivor and Eric and Jeremy on Amazing Race this has to be the most boring season of reality TV on record.

The conclusion of the entire game is pretty clear I think. And you've all made some pretty compelling cases that Terry could indeed win the whole thing. The remaining six are not a real pleasant bunch and I could see them turning on their own and voting for Terry to win.

If anybody else but Terry had found the hidden immunity idol the game would have been much more interesting.

I'll keep watching, hoping that somehow, Terry will get knocked out (of course that won't happen until the final four so . . .).

I have nothing against Terry. He seems like a nice enough guy and he certainly is playing the game very well. He's just boring to me. Watching him win everything is boring. The guys a fighter pilot, for crying out loud--those skills help in every kind of challenge--the problem solving, the physicality, the coordination, everything.

I really liked Sally. . .hated to see her go, wanted to see her win. But, again, foregone conclusion.

Damn.. that episode was nuts. Can you imagine not shitting for 12 days :scream: :no:

And Shane has officially gone :coocoo: :crazy:

Interesting episode. I felt Bruce's pain, ugh that poor guy. Sad, I wanted to see him go further than this. Hopefully he will return to the jury like Jeff told the 6 remaining survivor contestants. I was wondering if Courtney and Shane were going to shack up or kill one another...those 2 could give TomKat a good race for looniest couple! I also felt bad for Cirie-things get tough for her now, no more under the radar for her. We'll have to wait and see what happens next week now.

RavenBlue said:
I hope Terry doesn't give away the idol. He'd be insane to really!
Who's he gonna give it to now?
Nobody from his former tribe left, and no chance of maiking a deal with it to turn numbers in his favor, so he's keeping it.

Best moment last night was Shane saying Courtney was looney, wife says "look who's talking!"

Tough break for Bruce, but good thing they called the medics or we might have seen the first Survivor funeral council.

Go Terry.

The beauty is with the idol, he has the cushion of losing once, so there are 4 immunity challenges left, he'll need to win 3. Considering the level of his competition, he has a legit shot.

I wonder if it would make sense during some challenge if Aras is already out, should Terry lose intentionally so one of the others gets immunity, then vote for Aras and drop the idol bomb, eliminating his strongest physical threat.

Hewson said:
Best moment last night was Shane saying Courtney was looney, wife says "look who's talking!"

Tough break for Bruce, but good thing they called the medics or we might have seen the first Survivor funeral council.

Go Terry.

:yes: Shane is as looney as they come. I pray for the day he is voted off.

Yeah, folks like Shane have made the season interesting. I don't see why any of you care for Terry. BOR-ING! At least Palau's Tom had charisma and some strategic sense.

In fact, it seems that only the hardcore fans like myself enjoy the antics of Shane or the wit of Guatemala's Brian. The majority like Tom/Steph/Terry/Danni, and why? Because they're athletic. They don't offer too much for television, however. And when they do get a lot of airtime (Steph or Terry) they're incredibly annoying and full of themselves. At least Shane doesn't put himself up on a pedestal.

If Bruce isn't able to come back on be on the jury who takes his place???

This could change everything for Terry :hmm:

And I though the hidden immunity idol had to be used before the final four so Terry could use it to his advantage to get rid of someone if he keeps winning immunity.

Back
Top Bottom