SURVEY!:Attracted to way older/younger people?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My fiance is 13 years older than me.

I'm 19 years old, but I still find that guys my age are still too immature...and none of them that I have met want to settle down and be in a serious relationship. They are also usually just lookin' for a "good time"...sometimes that sounds intriguing, but I know I'd just end up gettin' hurt by one of those guys. I trust John (drgnwolf1969), and he has always treated me like a lady and been respectful of me. That's something that the guys my age that I've met have no clue how to do...

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

Originally posted by Bonochick:
My fiance is 13 years older than me.

I'm 19 years old, but I still find that guys my age are still too immature...and none of them that I have met want to settle down and be in a serious relationship. They are also usually just lookin' for a "good time"...sometimes that sounds intriguing, but I know I'd just end up gettin' hurt by one of those guys. I trust John (drgnwolf1969), and he has always treated me like a lady and been respectful of me. That's something that the guys my age that I've met have no clue how to do...

Exactly right - most 19 yr old guys are not mature or focused enough to have a serious relationship (most 19 yr old girls, too) and that's why most wait to get in a serious relationship when in their 20s after both parties have grown more as people and can nurture the relationship with maturity - which is something most teens are just not capable of. I say most, not all.

I "settled" down with my boyfriend when we were 21 (3 years ago). I'm glad we're the same age because we are growing together and come from the same life perspective. His parents are about 15 years apart and it's sad because his dad is in his mid-60s and starting to really age whereas his mom is in her early 50s. This concept works for many many couples, but I dunno - when getting into the later stages in life, I would want someone closer to my age so I know that, God-willing, we will get old together. My grandmother has watched 2 of her husbands pass because of remarkable age difference.
frown.gif

Anywho, sweet BC, I didn't really have a point here, but I guess just to contribute to the topic
smile.gif
Hope all is well for you, honey.

Hmm... I like em young.

Why? So I can mold them and shape them and show them what a real woman is all about.
wink.gif

With the exception of U2 and my own hubby, I am almost (certain celebrities excepted) always attracted to younger men.

Obviously, immaturity is a huge turnoff, but from a purely physical standpoint, younger men (18-29) are just so damned scrumptious! Also, there is this notion that you could teach them something too. If they also posess talent and maturity, that's a lethally attractive combination.
biggrin.gif

I like older men. Especially men who in their early 40's from Ireland
biggrin.gif

Actually, my boyfriend is only a year older then me, and I love him to death, but if we broke up I think that I would be looking for an older guy. Since women mature faster then men it makes sense!!

I like older good looking guys because that's just always been my perference, I've always been struggling to feel mature and young guys add to the immaturity. But if I found a guy that looked like Chris Isaak or Billy Idol I'd marry him for sure!

------------------
I can't stop the dance
Honey, this is my last chance
I said, can't stop the dance
Maybe this is my last chance
Fengche@aol.com

At school, I went out a few times with a man who was 12 years my senior, and absolutely adorable. Teehee ( one of the first times we went out it was to see American Beauty- gotta love the irony)! He was my prof's best friend, and nothing ever happened, but I'd love to spend some time with him now. Kevin, if you're out there, the offer stands.

I was always very attracted to the fact that he had a settled life, a good job, and future plans, but at the same time had a sense of adventure. I also felt like he really appreciated me for who I am. He never made me feel self conscious or dumb, but really connected with my intellect. Plus we had the same obsession with Harry Potter. He was simply great. Sometimes I wish Memphis was a little closer.

I was never attracted to older men. I liked guys my own age or younger (my husband and I are the same age)

I think I know why...my dad was lots older than my mom and while he was a good dad and husband and all that (50+ years together) I remember him being so tired at the end of the day...he was an old man while my mom still had plenty of 'go' left in her. They made it work...but I just didn't want that.

I did not date immature young men...mature young men do exist...you just have to look harder.

Also a lot of young women have a need for a father figure...someone to 'take care' of them...for some reason I never needed that...I wanted a relationship with an equal.

dream wanderer

As far as celebrities go, I tend to be attracted to men who are anywhere from 15 to 35 years older than me.
biggrin.gif
Orlando Bloom is a definite exception! But that's totally different from real life. The guys I have been seriously attracted to in real life (none of these went anywhere) have all been a year to five years older than me. I also kind of liked a guy who I found out was twelve years older than me, but he seemed at least six years younger than that. The guys who claimed they were seriously attracted to me (and then did things to belie that claim) always seem to be seven years older than me...

I think next time I meet a guy who is seven years older than me and claims to like me, I will run with all speed in the opposite direction.

I actually find most guys my age fairly immature. I really find more to talk about with the ones a few years older, by and large. I am not the slightest bit interested in guys younger than me, but then I'm still fairly young myself.

------------------
Love was never a single emotion

-ACROB@T

[This message has been edited by scatteroflight (edited 02-07-2002).]

I like guys who are older than me- but not heaps older though- the most age difference I have had with a boyfriend has been nine years when I was 21- I dont generally go for guys who are younger than me- the guy that I really like at the moment is five years older than me, and I think that is a good age bracket, generally from my experience older guys are more mature and you dont need to show em how to do anything
wink.gif

Older woman available here for mature boy toy.
icon38.gif

[This message has been edited by joyfulgirl (edited 02-07-2002).]

older, i guess, since im 16.
tongue.gif

drastically younger would mean dating an 8-yr old. still, i wouldnt put it past an 8-yr old to be more mature than some of the guys i know!

My first serious relationship was with a girl who was almost 5 years older than me. I think more than the age thing it's the strong, confident aspect that attracted me to her, but I guess that comes with age as well.
One of my female friends has a theory that women should only date older men, and men should only date younger women, because that way the women have someone to look up to as their protector and men can play the strong role. Don't know how much I agree with that, but who knows...

I used to really like older men (that "salt & pepper" in their hair...like Edge!). But now that I'M older, "older" men are too old. I find myself looking at younger pups...not too young, just enough to maybe turn some heads if they saw us together.
wink.gif

I still totally dig the salt-n-pepper tho!

I know this is hard to believe, but it's the person that determines the attraction. I'm in my early twenties, and usually find myself attracted to mature women. Not necessarily older, but more mature. I'd say that any woman as old as my mother is out of the question, but I'd "pardon the expression", lay a woman in her mid-late 40's.

Younger girls in their late-teens can be very pure and have perfect bodies, but do they know how to USE those bodies? Not always. Older women have experience and know the way to make men feel happy.

I usually go for older guys. The ones I have encountered seem more interesting and mature than the ones my age. This also goes for celebrity crushes.
biggrin.gif

But guys my age and younger ones can be scrumptious too (like Mrs Edge said).
biggrin.gif
They just seem harder to find.

I am in my mid twenties , I can swing a few years either way. I guess right now I am more interested in if she rocks or not. If I had to pick one though, a tab bit older.

Hmm...I am 21. In an ideal world, I'd love for my love interests to be around that age. 18 is way too young...they look like children to me. I've been happiest with people older than me...24-28ish. Sad to say, but most people my age are very lushy. I have too high of morals to be that way.

Melon

------------------
"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time

I'm 21, and I've always been attracted to the guys who are slightly older than me. But I think it has more to do with maturity than the actual age. I mean, my first ever boyfriend was the same age as me (15), but in terms of world-weariness and cynicism he was about 60,
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom