SURVEY!:Attracted to way older/younger people? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-07-2002, 10:11 AM   #1
Ana
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Location: Another Time, Another Place, in The Electric Co. ; behind the Shadows and Tall Trees
Local Time: 10:01 AM
SURVEY!:Attracted to way older/younger people?

Why?

Old 02-07-2002, 10:14 AM   #2
Halloweenhead
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 01:01 PM
My fiance is 13 years older than me.

I'm 19 years old, but I still find that guys my age are still too immature...and none of them that I have met want to settle down and be in a serious relationship. They are also usually just lookin' for a "good time"...sometimes that sounds intriguing, but I know I'd just end up gettin' hurt by one of those guys. I trust John (drgnwolf1969), and he has always treated me like a lady and been respectful of me. That's something that the guys my age that I've met have no clue how to do...

------------------
"Hallelujah, Heaven's white rose,
The doors you open...I just can't close..."

Old 02-07-2002, 10:29 AM   #3
Jesus Online

Local Time: 04:01 AM
I wanted a sugar daddy, but got a toy boy.
Old 02-07-2002, 10:32 AM   #4
ONE
love, blood, life

Quote:
Originally posted by Bonochick:
My fiance is 13 years older than me.

I'm 19 years old, but I still find that guys my age are still too immature...and none of them that I have met want to settle down and be in a serious relationship. They are also usually just lookin' for a "good time"...sometimes that sounds intriguing, but I know I'd just end up gettin' hurt by one of those guys. I trust John (drgnwolf1969), and he has always treated me like a lady and been respectful of me. That's something that the guys my age that I've met have no clue how to do...

Exactly right - most 19 yr old guys are not mature or focused enough to have a serious relationship (most 19 yr old girls, too) and that's why most wait to get in a serious relationship when in their 20s after both parties have grown more as people and can nurture the relationship with maturity - which is something most teens are just not capable of. I say most, not all.

I "settled" down with my boyfriend when we were 21 (3 years ago). I'm glad we're the same age because we are growing together and come from the same life perspective. His parents are about 15 years apart and it's sad because his dad is in his mid-60s and starting to really age whereas his mom is in her early 50s. This concept works for many many couples, but I dunno - when getting into the later stages in life, I would want someone closer to my age so I know that, God-willing, we will get old together. My grandmother has watched 2 of her husbands pass because of remarkable age difference.

Anywho, sweet BC, I didn't really have a point here, but I guess just to contribute to the topic Hope all is well for you, honey.
Old 02-07-2002, 11:20 AM   #5
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 09:01 AM
Hmm... I like em young.

Why? So I can mold them and shape them and show them what a real woman is all about.
Old 02-07-2002, 11:30 AM   #6
Jesus Online

Local Time: 04:01 AM
Can't teach an old dog new tricks, sicy chick.
Old 02-07-2002, 12:38 PM   #7
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Location: maze of your imagination, where the streets have no name, lol
Local Time: 03:01 AM
I like ppl who are older than me
Old 02-07-2002, 01:11 PM   #8
Bono's Belly Dancing Friend

With the exception of U2 and my own hubby, I am almost (certain celebrities excepted) always attracted to younger men.

Obviously, immaturity is a huge turnoff, but from a purely physical standpoint, younger men (18-29) are just so damned scrumptious! Also, there is this notion that you could teach them something too. If they also posess talent and maturity, that's a lethally attractive combination.
Old 02-07-2002, 01:27 PM   #9
Bad Daddy Johnny

Local Time: 12:01 PM
Words of wisdom: 15 gets you 20.
Old 02-07-2002, 01:35 PM   #10
Refugee

I like older men. Especially men who in their early 40's from Ireland

Actually, my boyfriend is only a year older then me, and I love him to death, but if we broke up I think that I would be looking for an older guy. Since women mature faster then men it makes sense!!
Old 02-07-2002, 01:44 PM   #11
Sizzlin' Sicilian
Forum Administrator

You mean you can teach a young pup new tricks angelina.
Old 02-07-2002, 01:50 PM   #12
Acrobat

Local Time: 12:01 PM
I like older good looking guys because that's just always been my perference, I've always been struggling to feel mature and young guys add to the immaturity. But if I found a guy that looked like Chris Isaak or Billy Idol I'd marry him for sure!

------------------
I can't stop the dance
Honey, this is my last chance
I said, can't stop the dance
Maybe this is my last chance
Fengche@aol.com
Old 02-07-2002, 01:52 PM   #13
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by Johnny Swallow:
Words of wisdom: 15 gets you 20.
That's pretty funny.
Old 02-07-2002, 02:01 PM   #14
War Child

Local Time: 05:01 PM
At school, I went out a few times with a man who was 12 years my senior, and absolutely adorable. Teehee ( one of the first times we went out it was to see American Beauty- gotta love the irony)! He was my prof's best friend, and nothing ever happened, but I'd love to spend some time with him now. Kevin, if you're out there, the offer stands.

I was always very attracted to the fact that he had a settled life, a good job, and future plans, but at the same time had a sense of adventure. I also felt like he really appreciated me for who I am. He never made me feel self conscious or dumb, but really connected with my intellect. Plus we had the same obsession with Harry Potter. He was simply great. Sometimes I wish Memphis was a little closer.
Old 02-07-2002, 02:39 PM   #15
Acrobat

Local Time: 05:01 PM
I was never attracted to older men. I liked guys my own age or younger (my husband and I are the same age)

I think I know why...my dad was lots older than my mom and while he was a good dad and husband and all that (50+ years together) I remember him being so tired at the end of the day...he was an old man while my mom still had plenty of 'go' left in her. They made it work...but I just didn't want that.

I did not date immature young men...mature young men do exist...you just have to look harder.

Also a lot of young women have a need for a father figure...someone to 'take care' of them...for some reason I never needed that...I wanted a relationship with an equal.

dream wanderer