SURVEY!:Attracted to way older/younger people? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 02-07-2002, 03:05 PM   #16
Local Time: 10:58 AM
As far as celebrities go, I tend to be attracted to men who are anywhere from 15 to 35 years older than me. Orlando Bloom is a definite exception! But that's totally different from real life. The guys I have been seriously attracted to in real life (none of these went anywhere) have all been a year to five years older than me. I also kind of liked a guy who I found out was twelve years older than me, but he seemed at least six years younger than that. The guys who claimed they were seriously attracted to me (and then did things to belie that claim) always seem to be seven years older than me...

I think next time I meet a guy who is seven years older than me and claims to like me, I will run with all speed in the opposite direction.

I actually find most guys my age fairly immature. I really find more to talk about with the ones a few years older, by and large. I am not the slightest bit interested in guys younger than me, but then I'm still fairly young myself.

Love was never a single emotion

[This message has been edited by scatteroflight (edited 02-07-2002).]

Old 02-07-2002, 03:24 PM   #17
Local Time: 09:58 PM
I like guys who are older than me- but not heaps older though- the most age difference I have had with a boyfriend has been nine years when I was 21- I dont generally go for guys who are younger than me- the guy that I really like at the moment is five years older than me, and I think that is a good age bracket, generally from my experience older guys are more mature and you dont need to show em how to do anything

Old 02-07-2002, 03:27 PM   #18
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 04:58 AM
Older woman available here for mature boy toy.

[This message has been edited by joyfulgirl (edited 02-07-2002).]
Old 02-07-2002, 03:32 PM   #19
older, i guess, since im 16.
drastically younger would mean dating an 8-yr old. still, i wouldnt put it past an 8-yr old to be more mature than some of the guys i know!
Old 02-07-2002, 03:36 PM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 06:58 AM
n/2 + 7
Old 02-07-2002, 04:41 PM   #21
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator
Local Time: 05:58 AM
My first serious relationship was with a girl who was almost 5 years older than me. I think more than the age thing it's the strong, confident aspect that attracted me to her, but I guess that comes with age as well.
One of my female friends has a theory that women should only date older men, and men should only date younger women, because that way the women have someone to look up to as their protector and men can play the strong role. Don't know how much I agree with that, but who knows...
Old 02-07-2002, 05:06 PM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie
I used to really like older men (that "salt & pepper" in their Edge!). But now that I'M older, "older" men are too old. I find myself looking at younger pups...not too young, just enough to maybe turn some heads if they saw us together.

I still totally dig the salt-n-pepper tho!
Old 02-07-2002, 05:16 PM   #23
I know this is hard to believe, but it's the person that determines the attraction. I'm in my early twenties, and usually find myself attracted to mature women. Not necessarily older, but more mature. I'd say that any woman as old as my mother is out of the question, but I'd "pardon the expression", lay a woman in her mid-late 40's.

Younger girls in their late-teens can be very pure and have perfect bodies, but do they know how to USE those bodies? Not always. Older women have experience and know the way to make men feel happy.
Old 02-07-2002, 05:31 PM   #24
I usually go for older guys. The ones I have encountered seem more interesting and mature than the ones my age. This also goes for celebrity crushes.

But guys my age and younger ones can be scrumptious too (like Mrs Edge said). They just seem harder to find.
Old 02-07-2002, 06:01 PM   #25
age is irrelevant, somebody with a little taste
Old 02-07-2002, 08:21 PM   #26
New Yorker
I am in my mid twenties , I can swing a few years either way. I guess right now I am more interested in if she rocks or not. If I had to pick one though, a tab bit older.
Old 02-07-2002, 08:55 PM   #27
Blue Crack Distributor
I like them to be around my age, if not a tad bit older. Seems to be a lack thereof around these parts lately.

You can tear it up
If you can tie me down
Old 02-08-2002, 06:08 PM   #28
love, blood, life
Hmm...I am 21. In an ideal world, I'd love for my love interests to be around that age. 18 is way too young...they look like children to me. I've been happiest with people older than me...24-28ish. Sad to say, but most people my age are very lushy. I have too high of morals to be that way.

"He had lived through an age when men and women with energy and ruthlessness but without much ability or persistence excelled. And even though most of them had gone under, their ignorance had confused Roy, making him wonder whether the things he had striven to learn, and thought of as 'culture,' were irrelevant. Everything was supposed to be the same: commercials, Beethoven's late quartets, pop records, shopfronts, Freud, multi-coloured hair. Greatness, comparison, value, depth: gone, gone, gone. Anything could give some pleasure; he saw that. But not everything provided the sustenance of a deeper understanding." - Hanif Kureishi, Love in a Blue Time
Old 02-08-2002, 06:26 PM   #29
Rock n' Roll Doggie
I'm 21, and I've always been attracted to the guys who are slightly older than me. But I think it has more to do with maturity than the actual age. I mean, my first ever boyfriend was the same age as me (15), but in terms of world-weariness and cynicism he was about 60,
Old 02-08-2002, 07:03 PM   #30
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 07:58 AM
*Flavia thinks about her ex b/fs*
Yep, i like them older, that's for