Surround Sound - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 08-03-2004, 02:34 PM   #1
The Fly
Local Time: 06:29 AM
Surround Sound

Ok I want to watch Lord of the rings, Star wars, Red Dwarf in super stereo surround sound, in the comfort of my living room, I want to think my girlfriend is fighting the dark lords of the sith behind me, I want to hear spaceships flying past my photo of grandma above the setee, I want to hear hobbits playing happily in the corner of my living room, I want to think Gandalf is knocking at my front dooor I want to hear all these things and more but....

what do I need?, I have a DVD player with all these funny coloured input sockets, what is 5.1 sound, what is dobly digital, do I need one of those square boxes with lots of speakers, what speaker wire do I need...does my living room need to look like tha back room of NASA

any techno people

Old 08-03-2004, 02:41 PM   #2
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 11:29 PM
5.1 is currently the standard in major motion pictures, music, and digital television. The format consists of three speakers across the front and two speakers in the rear. The .1 is a sixth channel called an LFE that is sent to a subwoofer.