Superbowl Halftime

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RadioSweetheart

The Fly
wasnt that good at all!! I dont care to hear people sing their "hits" from 4 yrs ago.

The only cool thing was U2's WTSHNN was playing in the background when they did the intro and showed a bunch of famous people telling the public to vote!

that was even worse than the last time mtv produced the super bowl... but of course that horrific show led to U2 @ halftime the following year, so maybe there's hope...

and on a side note... i do believe that was janet jackson's boobie... the nfl's not gonna be too happy about that.

Last edited:
Okay, was it just me (and my son) who noticed that when Justin Timerlake pulled on Janet's clothes at the end, her whole boob popped out? :uhoh:

Was that supposed to happen?

*edited to say that I guess headache saw it too :wink:

Bono's American Wife said:
Okay, was it just me (and my son) who noticed that when Justin Timerlake pulled on Janet's clothes at the end, her whole boob popped out? :uhoh:

Was that supposed to happen?

*edited to say that I guess headache saw it too :wink:

i saw it too, i think it was faked...it didn't look like a real boob to me :rolleyes: :tsk:
besides i don't think part of her outfit would come off that easily unless it was meant to :shrug:

Last edited:
Edgeman said:
Picture for comfrimation please? :wink:

edit for the wink :wink:

r1453538398.jpg

sorry ABEL...it was real :wink:

RadioSweetheart said:
The only cool thing was U2's WTSHNN was playing in the background when they did the intro and showed a bunch of famous people telling the public to vote!

:up:

i wish we'd gotten to see beyonce instead :down:
lucky people in other countries who got to see her.

Probably some sort of personal thing between them...since they were linked together not to long ago.

Revenge?

OK, when that happened I was thinking..was that really her whole boob or was that planned and there was a pasty over her nipple? Whoopsie...that is hilarious!

that is a nipple ring. :ohmy: i remember there was a video she had out a few years ago and she wore a sheer shirt. of course it was blurred out on vh1, but you could still see that she had a nipple ring. it definitely looks like an accident to me, but neither seemed to be too surprised that it happened.

Damn pop "stars" have to lip sync (poorly) when a trillion people are watching....just shameful for th emusic industry.

It's pretty sad when Kid Rock has the best performance of the night :down:

the last words of rock your body refers to getting the girl "naked by the end of this song"

it was done on purpose...

from the AP

NEW YORK -- CBS apologized on Sunday for an unexpectedly R-rated end to its Super Bowl halftime show, when singer Justin Timberlake tore off part of Janet Jackson's top, exposing her breast.

"CBS deeply regrets the incident," spokeswoman LeslieAnne Wade said after the network received several calls about the show.

The two singers were performing a flirtatious duet to end the halftime show, and at the song's finish, Timberlake reached across Jackson's leather gladiator outfit and pulled off the covering to her right breast.

The network quickly cut away from the shot, and did not mention the incident on the air.

It was unclear whether Timberlake intended to expose Jackson's breast.

Wade said CBS officials attended rehearsals of the halftime show all week, "and there was no indication any such thing would happen. The moment did not conform to CBS' broadcast standards and we would like to apologize to anyone who was offended."

The Super Bowl halftime show, which also featured Puff Daddy, Nelly and Kid Rock, was produced by MTV, CBS' corporate cousin in Viacom.

"We were extremely disappointed by elements of the MTV-produced halftime show," Joe Browne, NFL executive vice president, said. "They were totally inconsistent with assurances our office was given about the content of the show.

"It's unlikely that MTV will produce another Super Bowl halftime."

u2popmofo said:
It's pretty sad when Kid Rock has the best performance of the night :down:

true :|

and I wonder if his wearing the US flag as a poncho is going to get the same flack Bono got for "disrespecting" the flag by wearing it in his jacket lining?

Headache in a Suitcase said:
the last words of rock your body refers to getting the girl "naked by the end of this song"

it was done on purpose...

:hmm:

I wonder if this "press release" within an hour of the "performance" has anything to do with it.

How desperate can you get.

Press Release Source: Virgin Records

Hot Off an Incredible Superbowl Performance New Janet Jackson Song 'Just a Little While' Spreads Like Wildfire
Sunday February 1, 9:01 pm ET
Overwhelming Worldwide Demand Prompts Virgin to Immediate Digital Delivery Of Song to Radio Stations Throughout the World
Hotly Anticipated New Album, DAMITA JO, Will Be Released March 30th

NEW YORK, Feb. 1 /PRNewswire/ -- "Just A Little While," a new song from the highly anticipated upcoming Janet Jackson album DAMITA JO, has created a firestorm of interest, starting in the U.S. and quickly spreading throughout the world. Although not officially chosen by the record company as the first single, the unauthorized Internet download of the track has created hysteria, from radio programmers to consumers to Janet's rabid fans. Due to the overwhelming demand and downloading of the single, the infectious song, co- written and produced by proven hitmaker Dallas Austin, will be digitally distributed to radio stations all over the world Monday February 2nd at 7 AM EST.

The song's release comes on the heels of Janet's triumphant return to the spotlight with her performance as the featured artist at today's Super Bowl XXXVIII, where she headlined the spectacular halftime show.

DAMITA JO finds Janet once again working with the hitmaking production team of Jimmy Jam and Terry Lewis, who have produced every one of her albums since the 1986 breakthrough, Control. The new album also features writer/producers Austin (known for hits with Boyz II Men, Madonna, TLC, and many others); Kenny "Babyface" Edmonds (Toni Braxton, Aretha Franklin, Eric Clapton); Rich Harrison (whose credits include Beyonce's "Crazy in Love" and Amerie); and hot newcomer Kanye West. DAMITA JO will be released on March 30th.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Source: Virgin Records

FCC's got a new scapegoat... :shifty: :macdevil:

certainly pales the limelight on Bono & Golden Globes.

Last edited:

and I wonder if his wearing the US flag as a poncho is going to get the same flack Bono got for "disrespecting" the flag by wearing it in his jacket lining?

nah...kid rock is american trailer trash rock. that must mean it's a sign of respect.

:lmao: x's a million bc I was arguing with my friend about that!!!!

btw my personal opinion Justin tearing off the Janet costume was no way a mistake bc of the last line in the song and you can vividly see him reach across her and tear the thing off her.

yeah i was wondering about the flag too :tsk:

i bet the FCC is gonna have a field day with the whole halftime show :laugh:

Heh..."wardrobe malfunction"...that's a good one! :lmao:

NEW YORK -- CBS apologized on Sunday for an unexpectedly R-rated end to its Super Bowl halftime show, when singer Justin Timberlake tore off part of Janet Jackson's top, exposing her breast.
"CBS deeply regrets the incident," spokeswoman LeslieAnne Wade said after the network received several calls about the show.

Justin Timberlake said he did not intend to expose Janet Jackson's breast during the halftime show.

The two singers were performing a flirtatious duet to end the halftime show, and at the song's finish, Timberlake reached across Jackson's leather gladiator outfit and pulled off the covering to her right breast.

The network quickly cut away from the shot, and did not mention the incident on the air.

Timberlake said he did not intend to expose Jackson's breast.

"I am sorry that anyone was offended by the wardrobe malfunction during the halftime performance of the Super Bowl," Timberlake said in a statement. "It was not intentional and is regrettable."

Wade said CBS officials attended rehearsals of the halftime show all week, "and there was no indication any such thing would happen. The moment did not conform to CBS' broadcast standards and we would like to apologize to anyone who was offended."

The Super Bowl halftime show, which also featured P. Diddy, Nelly and Kid Rock, was produced by MTV, CBS' corporate cousin in Viacom.

"We were extremely disappointed by elements of the MTV-produced halftime show," Joe Browne, NFL executive vice president, said. "They were totally inconsistent with assurances our office was given about the content of the show.

"It's unlikely that MTV will produce another Super Bowl halftime."

MTV issued a contrite statement in which it also apologized, saying the incident was "unrehearsed, unplanned, completely unintentional and was inconsistent with assurances we had about the content of the performance.

The only thing from the Super Bowl that was prepped more than the Jackson/Timberlake duet was that John Kerry commerical showing him in Vietnam carrying an automatic weapon conveniently in front of a camera.

What I'm curious about is whether or not Pepsi aired that Britany Spears, Pink, Beyonce Knowles commerical where they're dressed as gladiators? Did I miss it?---That was one reason I watched the Bowl game ;), yet I never saw it!!!!!!!

If it was, in fact, a malfunction of sorts, then Janet should seriously fire her costumer: either it was only sewn on by a thread, or Justin has GI Joe grip!

Hafta agree w/ theSoulMofo--my husband and I talked about that same thing: Those "protect families" groups are up the FCC's ass to put HUGE fines on people who mutter offensive language--even in the heat of a great win on live TV--but Justin grinding up Janet's butt is AOK during the halftime show!

I bet the powers that be who said NO to Bono doing another halftime show are kicking themselves now! (or maybe not--I'm guessing that CBS, etc. are owned by the same company that owns Janet's record company and this whole thing will somehow result in *this* Jackson having a good opening week for her next record.) Oh when will the Jacksons go away?

This was the first time I've seen Nelly and Kid Rock perform. :down:

As for Janet, her planned stunt was a cheap attempt to get press - her singing (or lip-synching) wasn't going to get her any praise. I hope she pays some of the FCC fines.

Now, a new thought. Michael is accused of pedophilia. Janet is an exhibitionist. Any more sexual dysfunction in the Jackson family?

Back
Top Bottom