Superbowl Halftime

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, she was "accidentally" wearing this

capt.sge.gnd82.020204151434.photo00.default-350x274.jpg

yeah talk about TRASH! I kinda freaked out at the beginning...guess I had too many apple-tini's so right after the intro with U2 in the background...I thought they said "And now heres U2's Bono" but they said something like "Do you choose to party" So I started running around the living room, I thought forsure Bono was there! LOL and then the trashy show began :rolleyes:
NO WAY in hell that was an accident!!! And "wardrobe malfunction" :lmao:

nbcrusader said:
Jessica Simpson did add quite a bit to the show... :|

LOL! :lmao:

There is no way that was an accident. As someone wrote in another forum, wouldn't she have covered her little friend right away? And...as another put it, you don't just wear those things for comfort. :coocoo:

At least the game was good.

I didn't watch the halftime show, but I saw the incident on two European TV stations. (and they showed Justin grabbing Kylie Minogue's bottom during European MTV awards when they performed together)

Promotion trick as Janet has a new album out IMO.
I don't believe it for a second it was a "malfunction" because I think it was clear he knew exactly what he was doing (those routines are are well rehearsed), she wouldn't have that star thing on "the spot", and she would have instantly covered it with her hand if she'd be surprised IMO. Also, "bet I'll have you naked by the end of this song" is not a clue enough?

*edit* It's possible the TV network didn't know, as the lights went out so fast.

Why do "artists" and "musicians" have to resort to scandals and lyp-synching so much these days?
And why is it U2 could single-handedly do it while other scheduled entertainers need "backup" in the shape of a bunch of collaborators (like Aerosmith or this year)?

:rolleyes: Really? Bono was critisized for having the US flag on the inside of his jacket during U2's performance at the Superbowl (and he did it during the tour anyway)? LOL, then I can only guess what will happen to Kid Rock - Bono's affection for America is well known, it looked better and a lot cooler than using the flag as a poncho, and I dare say Bono's character and record are spotless unlike that guy's.

Last edited:
I dont know if any of you have been on the Guns n Roses website lately (mygnrforum.com) but they realy thought that Axl would run out at halftime and scream ''You know where the fuck you are''.Although there was no chance of that it would have been better than that so called ''superstar'' timberlake it just shows how far the music industry has gone down if he is considered a ''superstar''.

So the question is not, "Did MTV, and/or the production team plan this spectacle?", it's "Did Janet Jackson and Justin Timberlake take the show in their own, perversely erotic direction?"

It's a given that it was most likely planned ahead of time, but WHO decided to break the rules? I'm betting that Justin and Janet felt rebellous and took their careers into their own hands.

In a pre-game interview, Janet said there would be a surprise appearance during the halftime show ... who knew it would be her boob.

super fly guy said:
I dont know if any of you have been on the Guns n Roses website lately (mygnrforum.com) but they realy thought that Axl would run out at halftime and scream ''You know where the fuck you are''.Although there was no chance of that it would have been better than that so called ''superstar'' timberlake it just shows how far the music industry has gone down if he is considered a ''superstar''.

Yes, because the industry was so much better when Axl WAS called a superstar.

FCC is already "probig" the whole issue.

THE TRUE IRONY: did anyone catch the theme of the Halftime show? It was an updated version of MTV's "Choose or Lose" campaign. Their target was to get the youth out to vote...no better way than some crotch-grabbing and and boob-flashing. Nothing says "stop being a bunch of apathetic punks and register to vote" like Kid-Rock, Nelly and P. Diddy.

Bono's American Wife said:
and I wonder if his wearing the US flag as a poncho is going to get the same flack Bono got for "disrespecting" the flag by wearing it in his jacket lining?

He got flak for that? How ridiculous! But I did wonder that about Kid Rock wearing the flag that way.

On to other stuff...I missed the whole boob thing. I was doing something else at the time, and then I heard my sister and mom gasp, and I looked up to see what their reaction was about, but I missed it. Mom told me what happened.

"Justin Timberlake said he did not intend to expose Janet Jackson's breast during the halftime show."

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiggggggggghhhhht...that whole "Have you naked by the end of this song" bit wasn't at all intending to lead into that. Sure. Uh-huh.

And I wondered, too, why so many of the performers were playing their older songs. :scratch:. Really, what was up with that?

Also, did anyone else find the change of the word "Mickey" to "Diddy" and "Nelly" rather disturbing, or was it just me?

Angela

that is perfect!

jkayet said:
RadioSweetheart said:
wasnt that good at all!! I dont care to hear people sing their "hits" from 4 yrs ago.

or 15 years ago... :tsk:

HA! Excellent. Yes....U2 played that old song "Streets."

OH, and the there was more obscene halftime antics NOT shown on TV. Not sure if anyone noticed this, but a guy dressed as a ref got onto the playing field RIGHT before the second half kickoff. He stripped down to his G-string and did a little dance in front of the ball before being arrested!

I was just watching the news. Miss Jackson did indeed, uh, show off her breast. The NFL is pissed, other people are pissed........good to get MTV out of the Super Bowl entertainment business.

Okay, I must be the only person on the planet who enjoyed half-time. Okay, I didn't really enjoy Willy or Toby but hey, they weren't bad. I miss "Puffy". I don't like "Diddy" I'm glad Puffy showed up instead of Diddy.
I'm all for entertainment. So many people today were outraged by halftime, I could care less. Okay, so Janet showed one of her fake breasts. Unessasary, I agree but I still enjoyed the rest of the program. Am I really the only one?
Oh, and to comment on Kid Rock and his flag poncho, I can totally understand why people were upset about it b/c he did cut a hole in the center of it.

Just to note: I am 25, a teacher, and my cell phone plays "Rock Your Body"

PS-->sorry if this is rambling....I'm pretty sure it's rambling. :D

I saw the very beginning of the halftime show, but it looked like it was going to be a cheesey Las Vegas-style peformance so I switched the channel before Janet had even lip-synced her first few lines. I'm glad I missed this whole fiasco.

Janet's boob was all anyone could talk about at work today. I wish the media and the public would just ignore celebrities when they pull off stupid crap like this rather than working themselves into a tizzy and giving the celebs exactly what they want - free publicity. :down:

nbcrusader said:

Now, a new thought. Michael is accused of pedophilia. Janet is an exhibitionist. Any more sexual dysfunction in the Jackson family?

Well. it is obvious that Mama Jackson had successful relations with space aliens.

Re: that is perfect!

zoney! said:

OH, and the there was more obscene halftime antics NOT shown on TV. Not sure if anyone noticed this, but a guy dressed as a ref got onto the playing field RIGHT before the second half kickoff. He stripped down to his G-string and did a little dance in front of the ball before being arrested!

my roommate and i saw that.

On another note, did anyone think it was odd P. Diddy was wearing a Carolina jersey? Granted he had to take that coat off, not sure how he managed the short sleeves in the frigid Houston winter though.

Back
Top Bottom