Superbad

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Looks awesome. :hyper: Have been looking forward to this once since the preview on Knocked Up. When I see it, though, it'll be sure to be a matinée, if not dvd---it's not one that I'll need to see in a theater.

I keep hearing the whole "this generation's movie" without hearing what the other generation's movies are. I wonder what the comparison is.

I've heard it's even funnier than Knocked Up, which would be no small feat. Can't wait to find out.

phillyfan26 said:
I keep hearing the whole "this generation's movie" without hearing what the other generation's movies are. I wonder what the comparison is.
I'm guessing things like Fast Times at Ridgemont High, Ferris Beueller's Day Off and the Breakfast Club for 80's kids, and maybe Clueless, 10 Things I Hate About You and American Pie for 90's kids.

(Wow this post also just proved that the 80's ruled over the 90's)

DICK3a.jpg

I know that dude

I'm about to leave to see this.

When someone told me that George Michael was in this, I thought maybe it was the other George Michael. You know, the singer-songwriter.

inmyplace13 said:
:UP:

Absolutely hilarious.

I could not breathe during the end credits, oh my God.

And McLovin could be the greatest teen movie character since Anthony Michael Hall in Sixteen Candles. That is a bold statement, I know, but it is apropos.

You know what? I was disappointed. I did laugh a fair number of times, but overall I didn't like it nearly as much as ... well, pretty much everything else Apatow has laid his hands on.

I did love the penis drawing story and the cops dragging McLovin out of the party.

But honestly, I thought the whole thing with the cops was really stupid. And maybe I can tolerate foul-mouthed, vulgar adults better than I can tolerate foul-mouthed, vulgar teens.

Oh well. It was only $5. :wink:

$5? That's half what I paid! :angry:

Worth every penny for me though. The penis drawings had me in stitches.

I really liked it. I was surprised by its accurate depiction of high school kids. Plus, it was refreshing that the cast wasn't made up of 20-somethings playing high schoolers (save for Jonah Hill, anyway).

I wish could've stayed for the whole set of penis drawings shown during the end credits :sad:

LemonMacPhisto said:
And McLovin could be the greatest teen movie character since Anthony Michael Hall in Sixteen Candles. That is a bold statement, I know, but it is apropos.
YES.

I don't know...the only good laugh I got out of the trailers (both R and general) was those crooked policemen saying "oh, sh*t...the cops!" :lol: The general trailer did nothing for me. If Superbad plays on Fox or something, I'm all over it, but I'm not paying $8 to see it.

Back
Top Bottom