Super Furry Animals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

brettig

New Yorker
Anyone follow em? like em? Tell me about em if you do and gimme some song recommendations...

For anyone who doesn't know theyre a band outta wales who play some sort of lush psychadelic indie pop...

Hehehe. That one person was me. :) I was actually listening to Mwng this morning, buit didn't have time to reply because I was getting ready for work. Anyway, all of the albums are good, but Mwng and Radiator are my two favourites. Songs I would recommend:

Sidewalk Serfer Girl
The Placid Casual
Demons
She's Got Spies
The Man Don't Give a Fuck
Ysbeidiau Heulog
Y Teimlad
Shoot Doris Day
Hometown Unicorn
Smokin' (just because of this quote: "Smokin' could be a really good truck-driving song. When they're driving along the motorway, pushing the speed limit, they could be singing, 'I just want to smoke it!', because they want to burn the rubber on their tyres. Or Smokin' could be a rallying cry for the fisherman of Britain if the EC banned smoked mackerel." :laugh: )

and it's not SFA, but Mogwai's "Dial: Revenge" has Gruff Rhys on vocals and it's :drool:

The only 2 songs I've really heard are Rings Around the World and Juxtaposed With You. I like them both. I want to buy the Rings Around the World album.

where the freak are all these new smileys coming from??????

meegannie said:

Yes he does! That's why I originally started listening to them. :reject:

Crap, does that mean I should buy some country albums since Larry digs country music? :laugh:

Seriously, that's cool. I remember reading he did and made a note to check them out, which I never did. :eek:

I've been a fan of SFA for several years now. Radiator and Rings Around the World are my two favorite albums, but their live show is something else entirely. Catch it if you can.

p.s. Bono's a fan as well.

Well I bought Rings Around The World today (as it was the only album i could find) and listening to it now...its all good so far!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom