sundries and such: appreciate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
boooooooooooooo mondays

on an unrelated note, I'm going to go see bls and livluvandbootlegmusic on wednesday in the GA line. i think im going to bring them lunch.

so, anyone else in the line, you'll see my pull up in my warm blue Explorer saying hello!

oh, and i'm working on a monster rant journal that you will all see shortly

i think some of you here might agree with some of my thoughts on the ga people

U2Girl1978 said:

That's horrible. :|

Actually when I TRULY add it up, its more like 100 hour total Vertigo hours in line and on the streets.

Fuck that shit.

I don't give a crap about getting pulled up. In fact, I don't WANT to be...I can't sing, I can't dance, and I'm not cool.

But, I spent hundreds of hours in line on Elevation and got the spot that I wanted everytime.

I got a kiss from Bono on PopMart and I didn't have to kill anyone to get it.

Its fucking annoying. I feel like people are only going to shows to get pulled up. Give me some seats and a decent view and I've gotten what I want. When did these things stop being about the music?
I'm sure I'm reading posts that say things like, "I didn't get pulled up by Bono. The concert sucked".

:|

I REAAAAAAAAAALLY wish he would just stop pulling people up.

I think he should stop pulling up people for awhile. But he'll keep doing it because he likes interacting with the fans.

I'm seriously aggravated with the lottery though. I feel like people are being cheated.

U2SavesTheWorld said:

Its fucking annoying. I feel like people are only going to shows to get pulled up. Give me some seats and a decent view and I've gotten what I want. When did these things stop being about the music?
I'm sure I'm reading posts that say things like, "I didn't get pulled up by Bono. The concert sucked".

:up: :up: :up:

the first few lines of my journal entry after i got back from seeing them in ottawa:
so i went to my one and only U2 show of the tour last friday in ottawa. i didn’t want bono to pick me to dance with him and i didn’t make a sign for him to read. i didn’t obsess over setlists or what hotel they would be staying at. in fact, having GA tickets and the whole procedure surrounding them was stressful enough.

I would rather have a great seat, with a perfect view of the stage (as I had for the show I attended), rather than put up with the stress and hassle of GA.

mk, '78.. thank you so much for the compliments.

it means so, so, so much to me, i can't even tell you.

it's funny you're talking about the bono-audience-interaction thing because i hit on that subject a bit in my entry. i was FINE with fiona ignoring me. the fans were complete assholes, though, screaming things at her while she was at the piano, trying to get her attention. it was really pissing me off. i was like, fuck, this isn't a U2 show. some people swear to chrod that they can't enjoy a show without being the center of attention.

i am SO GLAD the vertigo tour is over for me and i can start going to normal shows again.

[pleba]omch mk, you never told me bono kissed you[/pleba]

I know what you mean bg....again, I will address this in my journal entry, but I think some of this stems from the fact that most of these newer fans (not all new fans are annoying) don't remember a time (because they weren't even an embryo yet) when U2 DIDN'T HAVE GA.

I long for the days of PopMart and ZooTV when you got the best seats you could and you went to the show. Its a damn circus now and its fucking annoying.

I :heart: Miroslavia who has now, apparently, been pulled up on stage at every show on this tour. She is very humble and cool about it. THIS is normal. People complaining about NOT being pulled up are the ones whose heads I want to bash in with their stupid, "DANCE WITH ME BONO" signs.

i hear ya, and i can't wait for the entry.

it's a shame some fans are like this, but i swear, i have never liked this band less in twenty years than since i started spending so much time around here, and i know for a fact that i'm not the only one who feels that way.

U2, meh. bring on 2006.

for real

im sure i could have gone to, i dont know, like every single north american show if i wanted to but.............i dont want to.

this tour has been brutal

:down:

plus, i hate pride/streets

:kills:

I seriously can't wait for the tour to be over either.

I'll admit, in the beginning of the tour I wanted to get up on stage once and I totally stressed out over it. It was totally pointless because it obviously defeats the purpose of having a good time at the show. Instead, you're stressing whether or not the boys are going to see you or not. I enjoyed myself at the recent Boston shows immensely because I didn't stress out over getting an autograph, etc.

I think I had a sign that said thank you and other goofy stuff at one of the chicago shows...

mk, are you going to bash in my head because I admitted that? :lol: :reject:

No, I actually don't mind signs. Its just that it seems like every sign says the same thing, "BONO DANCE WITH ME".

I saw like, I don't know....every PopMart show or something annoying like that. I held up a sign at about 25 of them that just said, "BAD" on it. I think I flashed it to the band about twice each show. I would get the obligatory smiles from them etc.

I don't mind that. I don't mind the THANK YOU signs, I don't mind the original ones. I don't mind the ones requesting MOFO, etc.

Its just the dancing obsession.

Oh yes, and the ones that are 80 x 130 and are held up in the front row for the entire show.

Actually, what I meant to say this whole time is that I don't care about any of that stuff. I really don't. Its not my thing...but its also not my thing to come down on anyone else for having their thing.

What annoys me is when these crazed fans look at other fans as not being a "TRUE FAN" if they don't go GA. And they don't spend weeks waiting outside. And they don't try to get pulled up.

Can't I just go and enjoy the show?

Back
Top Bottom