sundries and such: appreciate

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
bonosgirl84 said:

:lmjhitmenwithprettyavatars: :heart:

snow fascinates me. how do you guys live in those temps.
:beegeeswithfionamatchesintheirmouths: :heart:

i don't mind the snow so much as the temperatures that come with it. :crack:

that said, :blizzardssuck:

I know. It doesn't really show how bad it is....well, now it seems to be letting up a bit.

I would shovel the driveways of all the old people in STL if practice would be cancelled tonight.

:drool: homebefore10:00 :drool:

Here is another one:

3457289923232%7Ffp335%3Enu%3D326%3A%3E74%3A%3E455%3EWSNRCG%3D323337734%3B%3C93nu0mrj

aaaah, that's beautiful!

where i live NEVER looks like that. so weird how snow just isn't a part of my existence. i just never see it. ever. i mean, those cars in that picture, all covered with snow, when you leave work, how do you get into the cars?

basically, you have to get all of the snow off the front windshield and back windshield and you are good to go.

sometimes im too lazy and too cold to even do that so I just put my rear defrost on and use the windshield wipers. however, if there is too much snow on the windows it can snap your wipers so its not the best plan.
fortunately, we have a parking garage so our cars wont be covered in snow.
however, at home, i dont have a garage so i have to deal with it in the mornings which TOTALLY sucks.

We aren't getting much accumulation apparently:

(KSDK) - A strong upper level system is sweeping across the Bi-state area, bringing a fresh blanket of snow, the first significant accumulation of the season.

The snow started around 8:00 a.m. in the St. Louis area and quickly deposited a light fluffy coating across the region as temperatures hovered around 20 degrees.

The NewsChannel 5 WeatherPLUS team expects most areas to see 1"-3" of snow before it begins to diminish later this afternoon.

The heaviest snow will likely fall during the mid-morning hours and taper off around or a little after lunchtime in St. Louis. Larger amounts of snow may fall farther east of St. Louis, over eastern and southeastern Illinois where 3"-5" of snow is expected.

As the sky begins to clear late Thursday night, temperatures are expected to drop into the single digits by daybreak. Even so, the arctic air is expected to ease over the weekend.

genthumb.ashx

U2Girl1978 said:
no snow at all bg? good lord, how I'd love to live in that world!

i will show you where i live!

:hyper:

i love picture day!

mk :huh: that sucks. you must freeze when you do that.

bonosgirl84 said:
aaaah, that's beautiful!

where i live NEVER looks like that. so weird how snow just isn't a part of my existence. i just never see it. ever. i mean, those cars in that picture, all covered with snow, when you leave work, how do you get into the cars?
:cute:

when you go outside, you start the car, then brush the snow off and scrape the ice off with one of these:

8814389s.jpg

if you're lucky enough to have a remote starter, you can start the car while you're still inside, and then when you get out, your car will be warm and toasty and the snow and ice will just slide right off the windshield. :drool:

lmjhitman said:

if you're lucky enough to have a remote starter, you can start the car while you're still inside, and then when you get out, your car will be warm and toasty and the snow and ice will just slide right off the windshield. :drool:

I'm NOT that lucky. :|

:hmm: Maybe I will get one of those. Good thinking, tman.

This is what I use:

B0002ZAXAK.01-ADG953YR6NRBF._SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

My car is too high for me to reach with a short one.

:huh:

Since I don't drive, I have to take public transportation. :happy:

I love it when the rails freeze and the train ends up getting stuck in the frigid weather! And the buses stink during the winter.

We're supposed to get 2-4 in tomorrow. :|

status? which?

ok '78, THIS is what it looks like where i live.

this lake is where i take my canoe when i want to row it.

it's a super-huge lake smack in the middle of southern nevada which is fed by the mighty colorado. it's like, four miles long or something. this picture doesn't even do it justice. in the summer, we take coolers full of food and beer, and my canoe, down to one of those sandy beach areas like in the mid-lower-left there, and we spend all day just swimming and feeling lucky to be alive.

3457289923232%7Ffp337%3Enu%3D3237%3E%3A83%3E3%3C8%3EWSNRCG%3D323337%3A%3A3%3A335nu0mrj

oh my chrod how i miss summer.

I love snow and winter is my favourite time of year:happy:

U2SavesTheWorld said:
i need to get out there and chill with you instead of the one-night drive-by work vegas thing

i would LOVE that.

SO much fun.

in the summer you can rent houseboats and just float on the lake for days. DAYS. the thought of it freaks me out. you could stock the thing full of food and beer and just chill. swim all day. see a bazillion stars at night.

i'm going to go check out the website.

:drool:

bonosgirl84 said:

i would LOVE that.

SO much fun.

in the summer you can rent houseboats and just float on the lake for days. DAYS. the thought of it freaks me out. you could stock the thing full of food and beer and just chill. swim all day. see a bazillion stars at night.

i'm going to go check out the website.

:drool:

OMch

I want to go!

more snow-covered cars in Mr Baw's pic!!

oh i know mk. me too. it's two grand for four days.

:crack:

but there's a waterslide that goes right off the edge into the water!

:happy:

on another note, you can find some of the strangest things in PLEBA :)

At the entance to the Fleet Center, I found a snow-covered concrete pillar...I carved the word "BAW's" into the snow; several interference members saw it and knew we were in town! but no photo...:(

On the night we arrived, the clouds were so low with slight snowing that we couldn't see the top of this building until the next morning...

3457296%3B23232%7Ffp335%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E73%3A%3E%3A97%3EWSNRCG%3D323337%3A%3A68897nu0mrj

Last edited:
Mr. BAW said:
The view of Boston from the BAW's hotel room.....:brr:

3457293523232%7Ffp336%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E73%3A%3E%3A97%3EWSNRCG%3D323337%3A%3A62%3A55nu0mrj

"Welcome to Boston's Logan International Airport......" :yikes" Frozen tundra at the airstrip!!!

3457293523232%7Ffp337%3Enu%3D323%3B%3E73%3A%3E%3A97%3EWSNRCG%3D323337%3A%3A6%3A535nu0mrj

Remembering standing out in that on Sunday is making me cold again. :crack:

[/threadcrash]

Back
Top Bottom