Summer sure makes men complete plonkers!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
getting catcalls when you've just left your dying friend's bedside is not real fun either - i think it was the first time in my life i thought i might be capable of violence

plonkers?

LOL, always some new words to learn in a Maddie thread.

Well, let me tell you my two most "exquisit" comments i got from guys.

"you're so ugly" (out of the blue, have no idea what his problem was) - felt lousy afterwards

"hey Maja, you takin' any pills to have boobs this big?" (a schoolfriend, and at 155 cm of height i think we all know they can't be anything spectacular) - felt "AAARGH!" mad later

don't worry maja. they will die alone.

U2girl said:
Well, let me tell you my two most "exquisit" comments i got from guys.

"you're so ugly" (out of the blue, have no idea what his problem was) - felt lousy afterwards

"hey Maja, you takin' any pills to have boobs this big?" (a schoolfriend, and at 155 cm of height i think we all know they can't be anything spectacular) - felt "AAARGH!" mad later

always ignore brainless little jackass boys like that maja. i've seen your pic. you are very cute. idiots who say otherwise should be put in the reject box. i mean it. blargh on them.

I worked at a Boy Scout camp one summer...and on Friday night the families would visit...it was jokingly called "Big Sister Night'...cause the guys would ogle the pretty female members of other visiting families...

I took it upon myself to educate these boys (as my husband was the Program manager and a big guy they had to give me some respect :D

I told them they could admire the scenery..they could also give compliments...but they had to show some CLASS!!!!!!!!!!

I told them no girl likes to be 'yelled at' and we know perfectly well they aren't considering the girl's feelings when they do stuff like that...they are just showing off for each other and it takes a real MAN to go against the crowd....(and then I played on their guilt factor...you guys are BOY SCOUTS for crying out loud...you are supposed to be RESPECTFUL...and that includes attractive young ladies...

Some of it must have gotten through...they started a tradition of walking up to the young ladies in question...politely introducing themselves...sometimes shaking their hands...engaging them in conversation....and the girls were very IMPRESSED! :)

Now what they did after they got home and were together with their homeboys I don't know...but they can't say they weren't warned..

dream wanderer

hmmmmmmm i agree with Gina,.....its annoying when you get shouted at out of cars or whatever, but MY GOD, if someone came up to me and just said "youre beautiful", id be bowled over!

heres one i got last week at Witnness...

i was watching The Devlins in The Rising tent, and this guy *cute* came up and started talkin to me, and goes "whereya from?" and i said "Dundalk", and he goes"ah thats where the Corrs are from...Carolines Lovely Lookin.......there must be something in the water"

hehe....so whats your opinion??:up: or :down:

Will the world ever understand what mad1 is saying?

Here in America, it's the chicks who drive like shit. Except for Sicy, of course.

MrPryck2U said:
Will the world ever understand what mad1 is saying?

Here in America, it's the chicks who drive like shit. Except for Sicy, of course.

um....I'm thinkin you need a little trip down to Dallas, TX, where men drive trucks/SUVs like maniacs and women just try to keep from getting killed most of the time....

I love how this thread became a platform for some female members to talk about how sexy they are while acting mad1!!!

Im'ma negative creep ahh ahhhh

The Wanderer said:
I love how this thread became a platform for some female members to talk about how sexy they are while acting mad1!!!

If you're talking about me, I don't think of myself that way AT ALL-I'm about as far from being stuck on myself or whatever as a person can get.

I posted what I did just as an example of a NICE way a guy can give a complement, not to brag or anything like that. I don't brag about myself.

:slant:

I just meant in general, I'm not debating that men can be annoying and uncourteous, but I find it amusing when people act shocked and angry over someone calling them "gorgeous" or remarking how great a body they have or whatever

The Wanderer said:
I just meant in general, I'm not debating that men can be annoying and uncourteous, but I find it amusing when people act shocked and angry over someone calling them "gorgeous" or remarking how great a body they have or whatever

I understand, but I think the issue is, as some people have discussed here, HOW someone does this-like you said, annoying and discourteous.

I have no problem with a polite and respectful complement-the only reason I'm shocked when it happens is that it rarely does.And also because, like I said, I don't see myself that way at all, and therefore don't think men do either.

The offensive stuff is degrading and scary.

Last edited:
Re: don't worry maja. they will die alone.

Screaming Flower said:

always ignore brainless little jackass boys like that maja. i've seen your pic. you are very cute. idiots who say otherwise should be put in the reject box. i mean it. blargh on them.

Thanks a lot. I just got back in town today and this made me smile.

Back
Top Bottom