Summer Reading

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

She Is Raging

Refugee
Any suggestions of what you're taking to the beach this year? I'm always on the lookout for something good for the train.

I just finished Second Glance - by Jodi Picoult. Awesome historical fiction about a vermont town with ghostly behavior that traces back to the Vermont eugenics Project. Actually - I've enjoyed all her books.

I'm thinking about reading "Snobs". Let me know if its any good :)

I got three books lined up so far:

French Women Don't Get Fat - Mireille Guiliano

My Life as Emperor - Su Tong

The Girl With The Pearl Earring - Tracy Chevalier

WildHoneyAlways said:
I just finished Wicked by Gregory Maguire. It was a pretty good read. :up:

I'm about halfway through that-It's good! Then I'm starting Notes from the Underground by Dostoevsky, The Namesake by Jhumpa Lahiri and then the sixth Harry Potter. For school I have to read All The Kings' Men, by Robert Penn Warren and Song of Solomon, by Tony Morrison and The Hero With A Thousand Faces, by Joseph Cambell.

Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants is fantastic! It's not just for teenagers, lol.

There's also Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden.

Books on my list for this summer:

Mrs. Dalloway by Virginia Woolf
The Tin Drum by Gunter Grass
Everything (A Book About Manic Street Preachers) by Simon Price

Also been catching up on my magazine reading--Discover and Yoga Journal.

Memoirs of a Geisha - how could I forget that? Quite possibly my favorite book ever. I felt like crying when I finished it because I had nothing more of it to read!

Right now I'm finishing Steve Almond's second book of short stories "The Evil B.B. Chow and Other Stories". I'm also reading "Don't Eat This Book" by Morgan Spurlock (the guy who made the documentary Super Size Me) and I've got a copy of Nick Hornby's new book "A Long Way Down" waiting for me. I also want to reread "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" before the new book comes out.

She ls Raging said:
Memoirs of a Geisha - how could I forget that? Quite possibly my favorite book ever. I felt like crying when I finished it because I had nothing more of it to read!

The imagery in that book is just so beautiful. The way they describe the kimonos and the way of life is so breathtaking.

Back
Top Bottom