Summer Charity

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JCOSTER

ONE love, blood, life
My family and I are sponsoring 2 children from Africa through the childrens christian fund. A Boy who is 10, and a girl who is b/t the ages of 6 and 8. The girl is from Sierra Leone and the boy is from Ghana.

I am trying to show my two boys how life is for other children in this world and I thought this was a good opportunity since we can communicate with the kids and recieve their pictures in the mail too.

My kids are so engulfed with material things and have so much opportunity to do what ever they want I want them to be humbled.

I can't wait to get my first pictures!!!!

Thank you I appreciate the compliment. I'm trying to teach me children, to walk the talk and that material things aren't important as certain other things. We also send mosquito nets at Christmas from Samaritans Purse.

And my own parents today thought I was stupid and said infront of my kids, "just don't buy them anything." :huh:

What happened to I'm proud of you and thats nice? For my birthday I wanted people to donate $ instead of give me presents and everyone told me no!!:huh:

Well I don't care what your parents or anyone else has to say, JC....what you have done and are doing is very noble and especially teaches your own kids about giving and caring for others less fortunate. There's HUGE lessons to be learned in the simplest of giving as you have done. :hug:

Carek1230 said:
Well I don't care what your parents or anyone else has to say, JC....what you have done and are doing is very noble and especially teaches your own kids about giving and caring for others less fortunate. There's HUGE lessons to be learned in the simplest of giving as you have done. :hug:

Thank you so much for that, @ 40 parents can still make you feel a little inept. But its my kids that are more important right now!

Wow that's very very noble of you... and it is great that you are teaching you're children this...:up:

tpsglick2424 said:
Wow that's very very noble of you... and it is great that you are teaching you're children this...:up:

Thanks for the compliment....

Can U please do me a favor?
Would you please change your avatar, its really disturbing, and I think its rather hurtful......please!!!!

JCOSTER said:
My family and I are sponsoring 2 children from Africa through the childrens christian fund. A Boy who is 10, and a girl who is b/t the ages of 6 and 8. The girl is from Sierra Leone and the boy is from Ghana.

I am trying to show my two boys how life is for other children in this world and I thought this was a good opportunity since we can communicate with the kids and recieve their pictures in the mail too.

My kids are so engulfed with material things and have so much opportunity to do what ever they want I want them to be humbled.

I can't wait to get my first pictures!!!!

I like you.
:)

Awesome. My son is 15 months old, and I'm a single dad, and when he's of age, I'd love 2 take him 2 Africa, and work in a camp for a couple of weeks. We have 2 do our best 2 give them true perspective.

Awesome JCoster. I wish I could do the same. I would even like to go to africa or South America to help the unfortunate.

Thanks everyone heres my "kids" from Africa:

Mamadouba from Ghana
200473612.jpg

and (can't copy a picture)

https://donate.wvus.org/OA_HTML/xxwvibeMySponsoredChild.jsp?a=b

These kids are being sponsored through:
The Christian Childrens Fund
Worldvision (this is the organization that got Bono & Ali to Ethiopia)

Back
Top Bottom