Suicide ??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Like O2

She wore graaaapes
Let's not go here.
frown.gif

Free Your Mind forum

------------------
I'm not living
I'm just killing time

Originally posted by AcrobatMan:
Do any other species other than human commit suicide ?

Mesquitos and other various flying insects become very despondent and depressed whenever they see a guarded blue light on a summer night.

CK

I find the
smile.gif
faces kind of disconcerting for a topic like this, mais oui?

ian

------------------
"Then she was in the helicopter, and it was rising, and I had not gone with her, and I never saw her again, none of us did, and the last words she screamed down at me break my heart every time I think of them, and I think of them a few hundred times a day, every day, and then there are the endless, sleepless nights." - Salman Rushdie, The Ground Beneath Her Feet

Suicide does try keep the population under control

------------------
He who stands atop the highest pyramid of skulls can see the farthest.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://all.at/bag <--friends site

Originally posted by zonelistener:
I am wearing Nikes while waiting for the mothership.

spacecraft.gif

------------------
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
-Albert Einstein

[This message has been edited by ABEL (edited 04-28-2002).]

Originally posted by AcrobatMan:
Enlighten, especially those people who have done a failed attempt at suicide
smile.gif

Well, this quote followed by that smiley may be the most offensive thing I've ever seen here. Clearly you have NO IDEA what this is like, you must never have had someone in your family kill themselves and you are the one left to sort it out. If you are actually looking to learn about the subject you may want to reconsider your chosen wording.

[This message has been edited by Lilly (edited 04-28-2002).]

Originally posted by Lilly:
Well, this quote followed by that smiley may be the most offensive thing I've ever seen here. Clearly you have NO IDEA what this is like, you must never have had someone in your family kill themselves and you are the one left to sort it out. If you are actually looking to learn about the subject you may want to reconsider your chosen wording.

Hmm... well having had to deal with the like, not family, friend, but nonetheless... this is probably not something lifechangingly offensive... I by no means wish to offend you any further, or to defend his statement, but its really not worth getting that worked up about...

If you don't like acrobatman's driving, get off the sidewalk.

------------------
He who stands atop the highest pyramid of skulls can see the farthest.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://all.at/bag <--friends site

I agree with those who were offended by this thread, or the use of smilies in the thread title and such.

This is a bullshit thread, and should be removed.

Originally posted by ~unforgettableFOXfire~:
... I by no means wish to offend you any further, or to defend his statement, but its really not worth getting that worked up about...

I understand what you mean. However, having been through both a family member and a friend doing it, I can tell you that a family member doing it is a lot worse in most ways. "Offend" may have been a rather strong word for the response, but I felt it necessary at the time.

[This message has been edited by Lilly (edited 04-28-2002).]

My personal opinion is that this might be something a little too personal for most people to discuss on a public forum.

smile.gif
Some people thought my smile was off the place. Well I dont think so. I have thought of suicide a few times in my life. I have given a lot of thought about it. I thought why people commit it? Cobain ( that was overdose of drugs..may be ) Ian Curtis ( why ) , Michael H (drugs ), Singer of Depeche Mode (forgot the name )... I have used suicide helpline. But I am not the kind of the person who would do it. I feel there is nothing worth commiting suicide for. I had once thought if other animals commit. Is it the tendency of suicide that makes human different from Apes may be.. ? Just a thought. Not to hurt anyone.. What is U2's song Exit about ?

I still don't get what smilies and suicide have in common. Do you smile when you think of Cobain, Curtis & Michael H cutting their lives short for no good reason? Maybe I'm just not getting it but I don't smile when I think of someone taking their own life.

Originally posted by Bono's American Wife:
I still don't get what smilies and suicide have in common. Do you smile when you think of Cobain, Curtis & Michael H cutting their lives short for no good reason? Maybe I'm just not getting it but I don't smile when I think of someone taking their own life.

I certainly don't smile ( common I am human. how can you think of that? May i ask you that? .. I am one of the biggest fan of Inxs and joy division...fan or no fan no person can smile thinking like that...)..Sorry I dont get you all why the fuss is on my smile. I am definitely serious. My communication skill especially over a forum is bad . Anyway lets forget all about it.
Some other topic , some other day

Yeah why the hell are you smiling?

Next.

------------------
Sexy poshin' sugar snarlin' rock and roll ...

My Lair

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom