Suggestions for a Free web host?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ABEL

An Angel In Devil's Shoes
For the past year or so I've been using geocities, but I'm getting tired of it. I was wondering if anyone has a good suggestion for a free web host that you have used or recommend?

I want something free, yet easy to use (since I don't know html), but something that I can edit and don't have to use cheesy templates that are pre-made (the one thing I do like about geocities is the easy page building). And one that preferrably allows mp3 files.

I've done searches, and found typical sites like tripod, but I haven't found any good ones. The ones I seem to find find say they're free until you sign up and find that you have to pay to register your domain name, or pay $5 - 7+ per month.

Any ideas?

Well, it sounds like you're not very impressed with Tripod, but I just started my second Tripod site, and I like it. Sure, you get crappy banner ads at the top, but it beats paying for something. As for somewhere to host MP3's...if your files are really large...that's gonna suck up all your space.

this may not help cuz it's not totally free, but my webspace for my domain is free. $15 a year gets you your domain, and you can (it's optional) pay an extra $15 for bannerless hosting.

it comes out to only $1.25 a month for the domain and webspace, which i think is a pretty good deal.

Back
Top Bottom