Suggest to me some good pop music!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flying FuManchu

New Yorker
Used to live in Chambana. For now the Mid-South.
Not really rock but more pop. I've said on another thread, how I've been listening to The Concretes and the new U2 - Window in the Skies and they've sort of whet my appetite for similar ideas and sounds. Nothing from too far in the past please. Anybody have any suggestions? I've also been listening to Imogen Heap's recent album...

Last edited:
Duke Special- Songs from the Deep Forest

Get it now:wink:

Check out the song Last Night I Nearly Died, the video is easily found on Youtube.

Canadiens1160 said:
Panic! at the Disco, am I right?

No, the poster asked for pop music, not crap music. :mad:

Seconding the suggestion of Teenage Fanclub for some good, smart pop. Along those same lines, I'd also recommend Matthew Sweet and the Pernice Brothers.

Annie's "Anniemal" is super good too, but definitely more along the lines of "smart, well-done dancey pop."

Jellyfish.

Pure, straight Jellyfish.

Early '90s Powerpop godliness.

Voxtrot.

All their EPs.

So good.

I know I just posted about them in the "recent discoveries" thread, but I swear I'm not on a street team or anything. They're just really, really good. :wink:

Last edited:
Flying FuManchu said:
Thanks for the suggestions... in the process of downloading Jellyfish and Annie... will probably go through the rest of the listed. Duke Special sounded interesting but didn't necessarily grab me with that Youtube track.

If I like, more CDs to buy I guess.

While I suggested Annie, I definitely urge you not to stop with her. Hendrix couldn't be more spot-on about Voxtrot, who are threatening to be something really special. We'll see, though. I mean, we all saw what happened to Wolf Parade...

*shudder*

Pop? Take That, N Sync, Backstreet Boys, B*Witched, Savage Garden, Nick Lachey, New Kids, need I go on? :)

Fountains of Wayne's first album.

But the all-time greatest Pop album ever is.............

a tie

Jellyfish - Bellybutton
The Posies - Dear23

Back
Top Bottom